It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with the Deja Vu?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bratok

Originally posted by nibirubratok:
I agree with you. I think everyone has certain senses or abilities (maybe psychic abilities) that we lose as we grow older.

Or maybe it really is just a change in the matrix

If the consider our "normal" world as the matrix, where we act as we were told - programmed to - then Deja Vu is a glitch in it. Something out of the normal.

Also it is believes that there always have been people with their senses/powers working good enough and that they coded their wisdom in terms of everyday people, so that they would pass it on untill it gets into hands of someone who can really read it. Take Omar Khayyam, for example. So, maybe, The Matrix is also one of that kind. Unlike normal people who see only special effects, maybe there are people who can see its core.../quote]

Do you think the matrix is real, dude? That's just... just... hold on....
You my friend, are clearly the text book definition of that noise tyou make when you strum your fingers up and down your lips. There we go. That works.

The Matrix isn't real.
There are no monsters.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by satchbfoot
Last year in the summer I had a dream where I was sitting in the back of a class laughing.
School starts, and on our first day, my entire Gr.11 chem class and I (whio, being the geek I am, sits in the back making satirical remarks) starty laughing at the word 'scoopula' (y'know, those little metal tubes you gather dry chemicals in?). Crazy or what?
It's also happened a few other times, including once when I was able to finish someone's sentence for them, even though I had just walked over and had no idea what they were talking about.
I dunno, it's like i'll dream an event about a month before it happens. Crazy.

There are no monsters.

whoa....that is exactly what happens to me...I'll dream of something very mundane and ordinary and then months later it will actually happen. One time I had a dream of sitting in a resturant with my friends and my one friend makes a sarcastic comment, and I respond to it by making fun of him for saying it. About a month later, while sitting in an outback steakhouse with my friends, this actually happened. The strangest part was that when I had the dream I didn't know what the inside of an outback steakhouse looked like, the time with my friends my first time there, and the resturant in my dream was exactly like the outback steak house resturant. This happens to my younger brother all the time as well.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by LouisCedar]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Back to the top- Does anyone think deja-vu is the subconscious sending a signal to the conscious that you should 'take notice' of something that is happening because something similar happened in the past that was noteworthy? I know it's a heck of a long sentence but the subject is kind of like that..

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but i get my deja vu feelings late..

like i bought my friend a poster for her birthday once, but like 3 hours later i get the deja vu feeling that i had already bought her that exact same poster a long time ago, then i felt the overwhelming desire of returning it because i thought i had already bought her it.

In the end, it turns out that no, i had never got her that poster in the past. But dang that happens a lot! I'm afraid to buy people stuff!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Sometimes I have the feeling of having seen people who I'm sure I've never seen before when I meet them fot the first time. Not Deja Vu per se, but possibly related?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
this is just food for thought but because i have the same problem like th eother day i was fixing my cd cases some are broken so i was using new cases to fix old ones so they were all in good shape i took the green cd holder out of one cd and put it in another and i swear that i had done that to my dream evil album before but never in my life had i done that but for some reason just like other events in my life it seemed like i've done it so with that being said i wonder if we live in a time loop another words when we die we come back and live the same life we just left but we cant remember living the same life over and over but our soul or spirit somewhat remembers certain things from the last time we lived through the loop so therefore deja vu...not saying this is the case but something to think about!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GrendelsBacon

Hello...Deja Vu is something most of us have experienced in our lives.

Sometimes they are referred to by some self proclaimed psychics as "markers"....letting us know we are "on the right path"........However a more convincing theory exists. I would like to type everything out but I would rather suggest you go to your local Library and read some books by Sylvia Browne.

In short, she says God knew us before we lived our lives on Earth. When we are on the "other side" or in "heaven" etc., we made out a "chart" or plan for what we are going to experience in this horrific life on Earth ...all for the sake of becoming stronger, perfecting ourselves, learning how to love while living a human existance on the most negative planet in the universe.
Even though our memories of our spiritual lives are wiped clean at birth, there are instances where the soul recognizes that part of the chart, thus giving us a sense of "I have been here before"......and unbeknown to our conscious minds, we indeed have.

I hope this helps and I hope you read some of Sylvia's Browne's work, she is really great and answers life's questions in a way that the bible can not and she makes much much more sense.

Take Care

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sarah7351

is this sylvia browne a false prophet my any chance?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
sure sounds like. and is it just me or does deja vu happen way to many times to be ignore? i cant go one week without having that feeling but then again i am younger...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sazak97

like i said if you go back and take a look through my previous post other then the one about that false prophet....i think theres a chance we live in a time loop!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Don't worry it just means the Beast changed something in the matrix.

But really I have been getting deja vu more than usual lately maybe its the crap they spray in the air chemtrail.

Or maybe or causiousness is waking up and we are feeling our past lives.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by slipknotrules2009]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
From what I understand, the vast majorities of deja-vu is a misfire in the brain. Actually a misfire between the brain and the optic nerves, where the information from one eye, reaches the brain before the information from the other, rather than both reaching the brain at the same time. This gives the illusion of the feeling that you've done something before.

The other variation is a misfire in the brain during what's called "recall" (when you're trying to remember something). Your brain basically does a loop, you have the feeling of remembering something from a long time ago, but you are remembering something that just happened.

Hope this helps y'all.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by menjo2000
From what I understand, the vast majorities of deja-vu is a misfire in the brain. Actually a misfire between the brain and the optic nerves, where the information from one eye, reaches the brain before the information from the other, rather than both reaching the brain at the same time. This gives the illusion of the feeling that you've done something before.

The other variation is a misfire in the brain during what's called "recall" (when you're trying to remember something). Your brain basically does a loop, you have the feeling of remembering something from a long time ago, but you are remembering something that just happened.

Hope this helps y'all.

Correct. Basically, your sensory input enters the brain before you actually are aware of the input. It is indeed a loop.
And certainly nothing paranormal

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Déjà vu = (Already Seen) Aura of familiarity as in already seen.
Déjà Rêvé = (Already Dreamed) Aura of familiarity stemming from Precognitive Dreams [ dreams that one day later come true ].

How much of your Déjà vu is actually Déjà Rêvé?

I really need to get me e-book done so I can just hand out a very solid theory on something I call the "dream / reality dyad" and how we exist within a Universe created by the organized thoughts of a super-consciousness of which we are all a part of.

Until then, here are two free books to read by a Mathematician and a Physicist to help expand your model of reality into some bigger reality concepts then just an abstract theoretically physical one.

Mathematician: Brian Whitworth: "The Physical World as a Virtual Reality"
arxiv.org...

Physicist: Thomas Campbell: “My Big Toe”
books.google.com...

[edit on 27-1-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join