It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with the Deja Vu?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Does anyone know the cause of frequent Deja Vu? I am a fairly spontaneous person, but I often get the feeling of already having done something. If anyone knows why this happens or has experiencd something similar lemme know, thanks for the replies.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
i usualy get that feeling wherever i go. wherever i go it seems like ive been there before or allready lived out that experience, maybe in a dream or a previous life. de ja vu's are definately hard to explain and comprehend.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrendelsBacon
Does anyone know the cause of frequent Deja Vu? I am a fairly spontaneous person, but I often get the feeling of already having done something. If anyone knows why this happens or has experiencd something similar lemme know, thanks for the replies.

I have it quite often.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There are many different theories as to what causes Deja Vu, so I will offer this link, and you can go from there

What is d�j� vu?

people.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm sure i've read this thread already

I get deja vu alot.

I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else but I sometimes get deja vu of having deja vu. I might have deja vu of doing something but then have deja vu of having that deja vu. (If that make sense?)

I read somewhere that said it maybe the brain interpreting a signal twice

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
deja vu im sure is where the brain gets signals mixed up and acceses a different part of the brain and gets engaged

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thank you, my questions are answered.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i heard that from somwhere but it is just one of many therories sorry
another is that we are reliving our lives in a loop and the more loops we do the better we remember it so you think you've been, seen somthing b4

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
nibiru, or should I say Planet X?

I have the same thing you have! It gets rediculous because I can "think" that its happend more than twice! But this always seems to happen to things that i've done frequently (or have i?). Does it do the same to any of you?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i think the de ja vu thing is maybe installed in to our brains to make us think that we are in familiar surroundings...afterall people feel most safe in familiar places rather than unfamiliar places. this idea of going anywhere and it still feeling like you've been there before is prehaps something that our brains have evolved to do, to stop us from feeling unsafe in unfamiliar places. so when you get the feeling of de ja vu, it's not from a passed life experience but merely a message in your brain to make sure you don't feel unsafe in the unfamiliar place that you're in. happy new year everyone!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxRageOfIcexx
nibiru, or should I say Planet X?

I have the same thing you have!

Thank God i am not the only one, i though i was going mad

[edit on 31-12-2004 by nibiru]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrendelsBacon

I often have this feeling, and I am used to it by now, I have it since I am aware of myself. Not a big deal, very useful if you can decode its meanings in each situation...!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Nibiru, Rage
Ditto on the Deja Vu squared/cubed thing -hmmm. Anyway,whenever it happens, I also get the feeling that there should be something more like I'm missing something. I'd have to say it's a pleasant feeling except for a slight disappointment in that.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
How frequent is it for deja vu to occur, but the end feeling one gets is that something is missing?

I was chatting online with someone the other day, got a sense of deja vu, but it felt like the deja vu never finished, almost like it was changed based on what I did, or didn't do. It felt like the path I chose was not what the deja vu was going to be.

Does that make sense?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Deja Vu happens when your conscious catches up with your subconscious.

(scientific explanation)
Sometimes our brain will imprint a memory before you acknowledge it. So when you acknowledge that you are experiencing something, your brain has already stored the moment faster than your conscious mind did.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to contradict myself, but I also believe in the power of our minds to foresee things in dreams, etc.

Or maybe you really did experience the event already!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A normal book would say that your mind mixes up what it sees now with what it has already seen. Yet a "not normal" book...

It is when you walk down the streen and suddenly, for a split second, fall into a very interesting, sleepy, state of mind - you know that it has already happened. You "remamber" that once you go around the corner, you would see that and that. You go around the corner and see it.

So seeing glimps of the future can't be explained with mix up, can it?

If we look at it with a more open mind... let's try remambering what this Deja Vu feels, or better how time feels during Deja Vu.

While in the state of Deja Vu, time feels like there are no "past", "now" or "future", but only one long... time.

If we try remambering ourselves at the age of 2 or 3, I believe we felt time different then we do now. It felt more like it does in the state of Deja Vu, rather then normal "past", "now" and "future", didn't it?

Now the most interesting part-
Some people believe that there is such thing as "intuitive thinking", it is when you "remamber" what will happen within an hour, as good as what has happened an hour ago.

That everybody is born with that kind of thinking, only when not used, it perishes at the age of 3 - 4. The part of brain responsible for it falls asleep.

Yet from time to time it awakens and asks if anybody needs it - this is what we call Deja Vu.

"These are pieces of your Divine possibilities. This is your fading memory of paradise, from which you dropped into this life. It is when you, in a life-long agony, for split seconds come to the senses and see the world in reality.

Understood the hint? Had just hinted you where is and how to get your pity billion, if you consider, that all happiness lies in money.

Now, not by accident, has spilled the beans about the main thing - about where to find answers to all your " why? ", " what to do when...? ", " how to be at... ", " how to act at... ". Continue yourself. "

Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I used to have deja vu frequently as a child but for some reason i've seemed to have out grown it.

These days my life is filled with vuja de. Thats the feeling where you know ain't no S**t like this ever happened to anyboby, anywhere before.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
beezwaxes, crayon:
I often get the feeling as though i'm waiting for something else to happen after the deja vu. Sometime i feel as though i know whats about to hapen next, so i have to think to myself should i just go along with what i think is about to happen or should i do something different (probably subconsciously i already know what i am about to do or it has already been decided for me)

bratok:
I agree with you. I think everyone has certain senses or abilities (maybe psychic abilities) that we lose as we grow older.

Or maybe it really is just a change in the matrix

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Last year in the summer I had a dream where I was sitting in the back of a class laughing.
School starts, and on our first day, my entire Gr.11 chem class and I (whio, being the geek I am, sits in the back making satirical remarks) starty laughing at the word 'scoopula' (y'know, those little metal tubes you gather dry chemicals in?). Crazy or what?
It's also happened a few other times, including once when I was able to finish someone's sentence for them, even though I had just walked over and had no idea what they were talking about.
I dunno, it's like i'll dream an event about a month before it happens. Crazy.

There are no monsters.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nibirubratok:
I agree with you. I think everyone has certain senses or abilities (maybe psychic abilities) that we lose as we grow older.

Or maybe it really is just a change in the matrix

If the consider our "normal" world as the matrix, where we act as we were told - programmed to - then Deja Vu is a glitch in it. Something out of the normal.

Also it is believes that there always have been people with their senses/powers working good enough and that they coded their wisdom in terms of everyday people, so that they would pass it on untill it gets into hands of someone who can really read it. Take Omar Khayyam, for example. So, maybe, The Matrix is also one of that kind. Unlike normal people who see only special effects, maybe there are people who can see its core...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join