It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Trading Man Makes $800 Into 350 Million Gets Arrested/Confesses He Is A Time Traveler!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So here we have a supposed time traveler named Andrew Carlssin who was reportedly arrested in January 2003 for being too lucky on the stock market for SEC violations he made 126 high-risk stock trades and was successful on every one. Carlssin the time traveler started with an initial investment of $800 and ended with over $350,000,000, which is just amazing so it drew the attention of the SEC. Later reports say that after his arrest, he submitted a four-hour confession wherein he claimed to be a time traveler from 200 years in the future. OMG really? He offered to tell investigators such things as the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden and the cure for AIDS in return for a lesser punishment and to be allowed to return to his time craft, although he refused to tell investigators the location or workings of his craft. So what hapened to this dude? He dissapeared after his 1 million dollar bail. He then dissapeared and has no records of ever being around. . . Spooky!
Its an interesting story, and this thread is to talk about the possibilities of time travel.

When will the public learn to travel in time?

edit on 17-8-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

This is crazy any other sources?

I could disappear with 350 mill too. In fact I would want too

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

We occaisionally get the time traveler stories, interesting. I would love to see the follow up but they always disappear. That's the problem with time travelers, no respect for other people's curiosity. Keep disappearing before the follow up story

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
[When will the public learn to travel in time?

When will the public learn that the Weekly World News is malarkey, and proudly so?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm sure that 200 years from now, folks will remember Bin Laden and where he was killed...

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

why is that text to voice narrated why couldn't a real person tell the story, and also add sources and information. Just seems like someones creative writing, though that might be a cool scifi movie..

link   

Not a very good time traveler was he? He didn't know he was going to be arrested.

link   
Did he clear his 349M account.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If it originated from weekly world news, then into the trash it goes.

Thread from 2005

Link to snopes article

Meh.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I already feel I have.

When will the public learn to travel in time?

Oh hold on, I just violated cause and effect.

Same story

Another one

Another one

No order was followed in the order of threads.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

isn't that the publication that introduced 'batboy' to the world?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

maybe this thread influenced the creation of the 'older' threads in some time stream crossover.....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I am absolutely certain that that may, possibly, in some way, be the case.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
As one person pointed out in one of the articles featuring this tale:

Will our current currency still be a valid monetary option in over 200 years?
Money has changed a lot since I was a kid 33 years ago. Heck good luck finding a Canadian 1 or 2 dollar note now a days. Let alone Ancient presidents on paper money in 200 years.
The point is, the face of money has changed a lot in the last 20 years, never mind 200

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I'm sure that 200 years from now, folks will remember Bin Laden and where he was killed...

200 yrs from now people will keep posting stories like this as though they just happened. And stories become myths and myths become legends that people believe as real, like religion.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Yes indeed, and the lines of myth and reality blur all the time.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If one person is able to time travel then there are probably groups of people that are able to time travel.
Only if the many worlds theory is true could a single inside trader enjoy their plunder in a private branch of reality.
This technology might be the key we need to understand the breakaway civilizations posted about on ATS.
Or at least a good troll for some Dr Who enthusiasts.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

That paper is fake and known as such...for over 20 years...longer.

Gee whiz.....batboy even!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Too bad it got pinned a HOAX.

I was hoping Darkbake made it work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join