It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian plane with 54 people on board missing in remote Papua region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Reports from Indonesia that air traffic control have lost contact with a plane flying in the remote eastern Papua region of the country , few details at the moment but the plane is believed to be carrying 44 adult passengers, five crew and five children and infants.

Worrying times once again for Indonesian travelers.

"Lost contact with plane," BASARNAS chief Bambang Soelystyo told Reuters by phone.

According to the official BASARNAS Twitter account, the aircraft belonging to Trigana Air Service was carrying 44 adult passengers, five crew and five children and infants.

The plane was flying between Jayapura's Sentani Airport and Oksibil, due south of Jayapura, the capital of Papua province.
An AirAsia passenger jet crashed en route from the Indonesian city of Surabaya to Singapore last December, killing all 162 people on board. The crash prompted the government to introduce regulations aimed at improving safety.
uk.reuters.com...

edit on 16-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I wonder what special person or people were aboard this one?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Guess this was the first thread.

Sounds like if it was a crash and if there were survivors they're going to have a long wait until morning. [Link]

So far everyone is just saying "lost contact" and "missing

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

My guess it's someone who just signed a business deal with the Rothschilds, making Jacob Rothschild 100% owner of a valuable patent again.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
If this plane has crashed,and if there are any survivors-May the gods help them,as in that part of the world there are still secluded tribes who will eat strangers and shrink their heads.

One of the worst places on the planet to be an injured air crash survivor.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Villagers in a remote area reported hearing a crash, but they have to wait until daylight to get to the area.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Right, because that's the only time they crash.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

not to make light of this incident,the way i first heard about this is a site where i go to checkout head lines for the day.

they had this for a description. sad part is it's probably close to the truth

Indonesian plane goes missing with 54 people on board. CNN placed on red alert, all leaves cancelled, all employees ordered to report for duty immediately

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
News breaking that wreckage of the plane has been found , no news of survivors yet.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 16-8-2015 by gortex because: edit to add link

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Hitting a mountain? Not likely. Possible, but not likely.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The aircraft was registered as PK-YRN, c/n msn 102. First flight was May 28, 2005. Trigana has been blacklisted in Europe after having 14 incidents in 24 years. Most of them were non-fatal, with this being the fifth fatal accident they've had since 1994.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There were 44 adults, 5 children, and 5 crew on board. The mountainous region they were traversing is reported to be tough to traverse under good conditions, but there were thunderstorms forming in the area after they departed.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Yeah because planes never crash unless it's a Mulder approved theory..

new topics

top topics

join