It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT paves the way for neuro linguistic hacking. Guard your deep grooves people.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
MIT has found the "language universal" that connects all human verbal communication. Anyone who has read the excellent book, "Snow Crash" by Neil Stephenson is familiar with the concept that language has been encoded into our deep brain structure, and that you can use, "Tower of Babel" anyone can be controlled by someone who has mastered the technique.

This has been happening on a smaller scale already VIA the GOV and Marketing companies for a long time. This is big because it looks like soon we will not even need to understand what is being said to be controlled.

I for one think research needs to be started to defend yourself against this future/present control hack.

Power of language in Snow Crash:
Babylon

MIT brain hacks:
Deep grooves
edit on 14 by AshFan because: spleling

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

I remember having a very strange dream after reading that.

Just kept hearing "Enki, enki, enki..."

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is not so new, there are people who can bypass other peoples normal defenses and warp there understanding of what is happening. Until you have been sitting with a group and see one person spreading madness it hard to believe it can be done. On the up side this form of spreading madness only works in the short term

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I would be inclined to believe this has been in use for a fair time. Not surprised at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I remember having a very strange dream after reading that.

Just kept hearing "Enki, enki, enki..."

Are you sure you wornt just getting your hand pregnant

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Strangely, it was an R rated dream...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Very interesting, but in reality, most people have been sleepwalking through life as it is. Those who are awake will always be with us too.

This breakthrough in understanding could be the forefront of our developing telepathy, imo. While those who are awake will see it, understand it and use it to meet their agenda, the telepathic synopsis are still clicking and some sort of awareness is bubbling up from the deep subconsciousness.

Watching evolution in present time! Very cool!

Star and flag for the provocative thread!

edit on 14-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The concept of, "'Folie à deux" or shared insanity. Thoughts can be transmitted like a virus (memes anyone?).

originally posted by: imod02
Until you have been sitting with a group and see one person spreading madness it hard to believe it can be done.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Reminds me of the research done by M. Magnus for her Ph.D. dissertation

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
The concept of, "'Folie à deux" or shared insanity. Thoughts can be transmitted like a virus (memes anyone?).

originally posted by: imod02
Until you have been sitting with a group and see one person spreading madness it hard to believe it can be done.

It has more to do with unseen body language and unheard tones of voice, by that i mean hearing and seeing things that are not understood on the conscious level but affect the unconscious.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Why else would you be on a forum?
You virus you.

Everything is mind control.
Colors, sounds, patterns, movements, smells...

do things on purpose. break out of your own notions, re-evaluate, and go back in to first person perspective anew, and askew.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

The view askew is nothing new to me my friend.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

As much as I love Snow Crash, I don't think there's much to be concerned about in terms of the discovery of some mother of all tongues which can be used to reprogram human minds.

What's more concerning is the way in which human psychology is regularly and deliberately exploited and the ever increasing finesse with which marketers, propagandists and the like operate.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'm also reminded of the movie Pontypool which you should definitely check out if you haven't seen it already.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
GREAT movie! I guess my main thought is that this kind of research is only going to further marketing and GOV control.

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I'm also reminded of the movie Pontypool which you should definitely check out if you haven't seen it already.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That is just what they can do with NLP based software which in my opinion, very effective however, old hat now. There are many limitations to NLP based analytics, which is why you are hearing about them more and more in the business arena.

The truly scary system would be one that was data agnostic meaning it only looked at the binary sets and patterns of the 'ones and zeros' from this there is no hiding, no deception. All data (not just communications) would be lay bare before the holder of such technology. That would make the old Setec Astronomy meme, child's play.

I wonder of someone has been able to build such an algorithm???
edit on 14-8-2015 by notmyrealname because: clarity edits

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Nice thread, clicked it specifically because the title immediately brought to mind SC.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The world is made of language...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Shhheeesh. I think the old DARPA research programs cataloged on these subjects via, FoIA, are older than some of the posters on these boards. Mind control is easy on you humes...

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Why else would you be on a forum?
You virus you.

Everything is mind control.
Colors, sounds, patterns, movements, smells...

do things on purpose. break out of your own notions, re-evaluate, and go back in to first person perspective anew, and askew.

Be mindful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join