It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaplains banned from preaching that homosexuality is a sin.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
First off, there is no evidence that is what the preacher was teaching. Second of all, if one of these kids were to ask him his thoughts about the matter, what is he suppose to do, lie? That's retarded, but I guess you don't see this as a violation of his right to preach the scriptures in truth.

What he was or wasn't teaching isn't actually the issue though. It was his willingness to comply with state law. He refused to comply with the law and therefore lost his privileges. It couldn't be much simpler actually. The line regarding what he should do if a kid asks him his thoughts, it's a massive strawman and not at all pertinent.

It's not a violation of his right to preach the scriptures in truth in any way. And I don't even need to get into what Jesus actually said about homosexuality(hint: it's not an anti gay message). He was there as a volunteer to fulfill a specific role. That role specifically reinforces that these kids are not to be discriminated against or ostracized for who they are. You can minister to them, you can show them a good path in life to take, you can give them positive advice...all without calling them sinners if they are gay, all without making their tenure in this s# hole of an institution any worse than it already is. They're kids, there's no need to focus on sexuality period let alone in a negative context. If you want to go into a place like that and make these kids feel worse than they already do and make their time more difficult than it has to be then you have no place attempting to minister to them in the first place.

You can preach, but only what we allow you to preach. How you gonna tell someone they can't preach about a topic that the Bible is clearly against?

It's a public, government funded facility, that's how. He can preach, proselytize and minister in any way he sees fit at home, to his congregation, to his friends, in public if people want to hear his message etc... He can't go into a tax payer funded facility and force his beliefs on people who are literally a captive audience. This in no way affects or diminishes this volunteers 1st amendment rights. And if he's actually a Christian, then he should be teaching the lessons of Christ and the moral values propagated by Christ and leave the OT crap like Leviticus at home. Teach them to be kind, to have compassion, turn the other cheek, not to be judgmental. All the things it seems the overly judgmental Christians of today could use a refresher course it.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: kellyjay

im atheist!....and it was a strawman, asuming all christians give a sh*t about the lbgt community, this is what im talking about, they are villanized by the left...even though a massive 83% of americans are christians which means that there are liberal christians too..its always the christians on the right that are painted the bad ones...what logic! lol

There's a reason the right leaning Christians are "villianized" more so than the more liberal ones. It is the right which has the overwhelming share of Evangelical/Dominionist type Christians who are the most bigoted and intolerant. And they're proud of it.

you mean like the westboro nuts...all ten of them?

lol

What are you on about? You have politicians in the US, some even running for president who have openly said homosexuality is wrong and disgusting.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

im atheist!....and it was a strawman, asuming all christians give a sh*t about the lbgt community, this is what im talking about, they are villanized by the left...even though a massive 83% of americans are christians which means that there are liberal christians too..its always the christians on the right that are painted the bad ones...what logic! lol

There's a reason the right leaning Christians are "villianized" more so than the more liberal ones. It is the right which has the overwhelming share of Evangelical/Dominionist type Christians who are the most bigoted and intolerant. And they're proud of it.

lol

What are you on about? You have politicians in the US, some even running for president who have openly said homosexuality is wrong and disgusting.

i havent seen that, i do remember obama and hilary both saying that traditional marraige was between a man and woman, until they saw gay marraige s becoming popular and the flip flopped...pandering....lol

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

lol

i havent seen that, i do remember obama and hilary both saying that traditional marraige was between a man and woman, until they saw gay marraige s becoming popular and the flip flopped...pandering....lol

I cant find you the links now unfortunately as i am at work and very busy, but believe me, in THIS respoect, Obama and Hilary are the good guys.

There were some very anti gay comments from presidential candidates duering the last election and by some duriong this one. Obama and Hiklary are positevely gay themselves compared to these other assh*les.
edit on 14-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join