It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over population.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

“A child born in the United States will create thirteen times as much ecological damage over the course of his or her lifetime than a child born in Brazil,” reports the Sierra Club’s Dave Tilford, adding that the average American will drain as many resources as 35 natives of India and consume 53 times more goods and services than someone from China.

Source

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The earth can sustain an infinate amount of life, you depopulation people are crazy.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Ok show me the numbers.

Based on the 2013 NHIS data [collected in 2013 from 34,557 adults aged 18 and over], 96.6% of adults identified as straight, 1.6% identified as gay or lesbian, and 0.7% identified as bisexual. The remaining 1.1% of adults identified as “something else[]” [0.2%,] stated “I don’t know the answer[]” [0.4%] or refused to provide an answer [0.6%].

In above data 0.7% identified as bisexual and with gays/bisexual combined 2.2%. 96.6% straight. But even if your numbers would be correct we still see more straights people on this planet each year, not less.
Also many gay couples just take children anyways and form a family.

It's not about how many people really, already the impact on nature and climate change (also caused by us) is getting to a point or already there we can't do anything anymore to combat a balance between where we can still have a stable climate & nature.
We are going for mass extinctions of most species, including our own on this path. When all that methane gets released which lays below the frozen ground/ice in the artic/siberia, we are heading to a 4-5 degrees rise on average pretty fast (next 50-100 years). The last ice age was minus 4 on average. We already getting some problems with food production and drought/water problems.. what we see now happening is nothing what we face in the near future.
edit on 12-8-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

OK, How?

How can the Earth which is at the end of the day a "Biosphere" sustain over 10 billion people? The Earth does not have unlimited resources, so please do tell how mother nature can sustain over 10 Billion Humans.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

OK, How?

How can the Earth which is at the end of the day a "Biosphere" sustain over 10 billion people? The Earth does not have unlimited resources, so please do tell how mother nature can sustain over 10 Billion Humans.

How couldnt it? What are you refering to? What will the earth collapse after another 4 billion people? Will it explode what are you even talking about the earth cant sustain people. Its pure lunacy!
edit on 12-8-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

On the first part of your post all I will say is ask any homophobes what sexuality they are and they will always say "Heterosexual". A survey from the NHS means nothing when asking people what sexuality they are. I know plenty of "Straight Guys" who are not so straight but would never in a million years class themselves as bisexual and I am sure that would be the same for most men/woman in similar circumstances.

There are not 96.6% straight people on this planet lol!! IMO I'd say 5% Gay, 5% Straight and 90% in between the spectrum and the only reason why we don't hear about bisexuals as most are in the closet due to social conditioning either by their culture or religious teachings!

On your other points about methane, I totally concur and this concerns me more than CO2 as methane is far more destructive to our atmosphere than CO2. There is a whole thread that someone posted on ATS and I will find it for you and send you the link. Its very informative and does explain a lot about what is happening in the world today, with sink holes, mass animal deaths etc. If this continues, I don't see an issue with over population as most of the world will become inhabitable due to methane in the atmosphere! Mother Natures way of getting rid of the disease called humanity!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Depopulation people just need a proper education on living in harmony with nature through the use of technology. Poor souls have zero imagination and are pessimists to the bitter end. Its called nerfing your own future progress.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

OK, How?

How couldnt it? What are you refering to? What will the earth collapse after another 4 billion people? Will it explode what are you even talking about the earth cant sustain people. Its pure lunacy!

Are you joking? "Will the Earth collapse after 4 Billion People"? You do know that we passed that mark a while ago and now the human population of the Earth stands at 7.125 Billion???

What's pure lunacy is you are oblivious to modern day science and was not even aware that double the amount of people live on the earth already than you assumed already.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

As if you or me have any meaningful influence, you can live in harmony (you most likely don't) but that would be nothing-more like a drip of water on the cooking plate, if not less.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

OK, How?

Are you joking? "Will the Earth collapse after 4 Billion People"? You do know that we passed that mark a while ago and now the human population of the Earth stands at 7.125 Billion???

What's pure lunacy is you are oblivious to modern day science and was not even aware that double the amount of people live on the earth already than you assumed already.

So what do you think will happen when population tops 10 billion?

Heres a hint nothing at all.

What happens when there are 100 billion?
Heres a hint nothing at all lol you need to understand this thing called progress.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

What would happen if you put 10000000 mouse in your house with 1 cheese.
10000000 mouse dead mouse.

Eastern Island, they cut many trees, killed all the animals, no tree came back. Only few remained and surely all would be dead if European explorers didn't found them on time.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

What will happen when the population hits 10 Billion?
Well unless we are all vegetarian by then as the Earth's land mass can only grow enough crops to feed 10 Billion People and not feed farm animals, then we should be OK. However knowing how selfish the Human race is, the first countries to suffer will be in Africa and Asia.

If we do not become vegetarians then there will be wars over water and food, simple as that!

Will the Earth ever have 100 Billion people?
Who knows but I can guarantee that we would need to be living in the cosmos by then as we would not have enough resources to feed all those people that's for sure!

If you honestly believe that the human race can be sustained on Earth with limited resources with a population over 10 Billion,then you are mistaken, very very mistaken!
edit on 12.8.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Maybe if people stuck to only having no more than 2 children things could improve. It's a child born in the affluent west that will consume 100 times the resources of a child born in the third world

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Here's the other thread I mentioned regarding Methane,very interesting and worth a read, the chap put a lot of work into the thread! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Earth 'will expire by 2050'

Our planet is running out of room and resources. Modern man has plundered so much, a damning report claims this week, that outer space will have to be colonised

A study by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), to be released on Tuesday, warns that the human race is plundering the planet at a pace that outstrips its capacity to support life.

In a damning condemnation of Western society's high consumption levels, it adds that the extra planets (the equivalent size of Earth) will be required by the year 2050 as existing resources are exhausted.

Source

According to this article, we would need two planets by 2050 for humanity to sustain itself on the projected population growth! your comment stating that;

The earth can sustain an infinate amount of life

Is wrong and an uneducated assumption! and I can only assume, you did not do to well at Science in School!!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Growing Underground: London's farm below the surface
OMG technology behold luddites it is possible to change the way we grow food.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Maybe it's possible so at least few people can survive such dramatic (climate) changes. But that would be not many.. but sure at least there is some hope we could survive. But still that's like a theory, still not a guaranty.
Already the very rich are doing stuff like that last I read buying underground bunkers where they can grow food and survive for example a nuclear attack or anything that would make life impossible otherwise.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Behold more technology which allows indoor growing, in time these will become household items just like your attic or basement.

Be prepared for a good future where food is plentiful not scarce, people will become more independant in the future and the technology we will see will amaze and astound us.

Dont get me started on 3d printing and nanotechnology, truly endless possibilities.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Really? "scientists" have 'predicted' everything from a new ice age to global warming to meteor hits almost daily.

On what data those that prediction include? Garbage.

Of course this planet, even with current technology, can support a much larger population,,,,at the cost of quality of life for we relatively, fortunate few.

That technology has actually reduced the starvation rate world-wide even as the population has soared.

Look to the stars, that's the real 'out' for this race.....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
We dont need less people we need more of the people to change thier living habits, I predict that in the future all people will be vegitarians.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join