It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden for 2016 Campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There are rumblings amongst personal friends of mine in DC (get over it no proof offered on this) that if the pressure on Hillary does not show signs of subsiding, Joe may be tapped to try and run. There are many articles that seem to be testing the waters on this issue from some (and not so for some) serious media outlets:

Potential 2016 Dem candidate: Joe Biden - USA Today

Joe Biden 2016 - Huffington Post

Joe Biden's Under-the-Radar 2016 Presidential Bid

Joe Biden for President 2016? It's Not That Far-Fetched

How Joe Biden Is Already Running for President

What does ATS think about supporting Joe Biden? At the bare minimum, between his verbal gaffe's and Trumps blustering, watching politics could actually become amusing and could actually wake the USA up to just how far we, as citizens, have allowed our country to fall….

I personally have developed what I think might be a nice and fairly accurate Campaign Slogan for Whifflehead:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Somebody will need to make a new cable channel.

The Gaffe channel.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Somebody will need to make a new cable channel.

The Gaffe channel.

I cold get behind that one, especially if it is on Adult Swim!

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Whoever is behind betting him he can't stick his nose in some woman's hair all the time, has got to be behind betting him he can't run for Prez.

edit on 12-8-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I doubt he would even have a remote chance of winning if Hillary dropped out of the race. He'll be aligned with Obama if he runs which will be a huge negative for him. If Hillary drops out, I would guarantee Bernie Sanders would be the undisputed front runner for the Democratic party. In fact, I think Bernie will eventually over take Hillary in the polls once the democratic debates start.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It's another great example of media bias and how I press promotes their policies. Biden has a laundry list of racist gaffes and just plain stupid quotes, but we don't see the country being reminded of this on a daily basis, or at all for that matter. In the case of Republicans we have an entire media DEDICATED to burning every stupid comment a Republican makes.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
Yes, however you could at least admit that it would be a very entertaining campaign….

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

A Trump vs Biden race is in the offering...

Only Kidding! It's fairly obvious to me at least that the deck is being cleared for Hillary Clinton to claim the Democratic Party's presidential nomination. As such Biden won't run. He may drop the odd hint otherwise in order to take of the heat of Hillary when she is avoiding media interviews. Also by doing this he helps the columnists fill space during a slow news period.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A Trump VS Biden election would be the funniest election cycle ever, the media and comedy would have a blast.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Biden HAS to run.

If he doesn't, then that's as much admitting that the last 8 years were a failure and "change" is needed.

If Biden doesn't run, then it'll be seen as an indictment on Obama and his policies.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's looking more and more like a wheelchair race for the Democratic nomination!

If Hillary gets knocked off of her throne, by the on-going email scandal, the leading candidates will be:

a) Bernie Sanders...who will be 75 years old on election day (and nearly 80 years old at the end of his first term as President)
b) Joe Biden...who is only one year younger

If Clinton makes it through yet another Clinton scandal, to capture the nomination...she will be a relatively sprightly 73 years old at the end of term one (assuming she were to be elected President).

Of course, in reality, if Hillary really does falter (or especially if she gets criminally charged), there will be a literal tsunami of new candidates for the Democratic chalice...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If the DNC gets desperate enough, they could "nudge" Obama to resign this year.

Biden stands a better chance of getting elected President if he is the incumbent.

You never know.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If the DNC gets desperate enough, they could "nudge" Obama to resign this year.

Biden stands a better chance of getting elected President if he is the incumbent.

You never know.

I never thought of it that way till you mentioned it however, I do not think the Narcissist in chief would ever let that happen….

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I doubt he would even have a remote chance of winning if Hillary dropped out of the race. He'll be aligned with Obama if he runs which will be a huge negative for him. If Hillary drops out, I would guarantee Bernie Sanders would be the undisputed front runner for the Democratic party. In fact, I think Bernie will eventually over take Hillary in the polls once the democratic debates start.

I only somewhat agree with this. We can look at Gore as an example, he couldn't win coming off of Clintons reign but Bush Sr. did manage to win coming off of Reagan who was rather unpopular at the time, and he did so essentially by running against his predecessors policies. Remember the no new tax pledge in response to Reagan having raised taxes 10 times in 6 years?

I think that Bidens biggest strength here is that internally he plays the part of the opposition in their policy debates. There's a substantial record of him going against Obama's decisions and he can use that to essentially run against the president by claiming those are his true opinions. He even has a long record internally of opposing Hillary.

So that positions him as having high level experience.
A long, influential, and positive Senate career.
A lot of disagreements with the previous administration.
He has in hindsight been considered correct on Iraq and Afghanistan.
His financial history is nearly as clean as Bernie Sanders.

I think that if he makes a serious run at it he has a chance.

www.ontheissues.org/Joe_Biden.htm
There's his opinions, there's not a whole lot in my opinion that's way out there in them.
edit on 14-8-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11

A Trump vs Biden race is in the offering...

Only Kidding! It's fairly obvious to me at least that the deck is being cleared for Hillary Clinton to claim the Democratic Party's presidential nomination. As such Biden won't run. He may drop the odd hint otherwise in order to take of the heat of Hillary when she is avoiding media interviews. Also by doing this he helps the columnists fill space during a slow news period.

Strange this post did not show up as something I needed to respond to, sorry for being late.

I think that Biden running would be a seriously comedic event. That being said, the more that the DNC loses potential candidates, (I know Bernie is not a bad choice however I am not sure the DBC wants him due to his decency) the potential of Whifflehead looms stronger.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Strange this post did not show up as something I needed to respond to, sorry for being late.

I think that Biden running would be a seriously comedic event. That being said, the more that the DNC loses potential candidates, (I know Bernie is not a bad choice however I am not sure the DBC wants him due to his decency) the potential of Whifflehead looms stronger.

Biden could probably beat anyone in a primary. He has better funding than Sanders and he absolutely destroys Hillary based on their shared records in office. Most of his VP accomplishments however aren't well known so that doesn't give him much of a national presence and that would hurt him in the general election. His biggest advantage is that he would be able to run against Obama while his opponents would have to run to promote themselves. Of the current Republicans he could probably beat any who are just running against Obama (as he would also be doing that), but he wouldn't beat the guys like Trump and Paul that are doing their own thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

He called Biden, who served as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for eight years, a "man of integrity." But he slammed his foreign policy judgment with this line reminiscent of a campaign attack line: "I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades."

Source

Robert Gates isn't a polorising partisan figure like Dick Cheney. Given the Obama Admin's disasterist(SP?) foreign policy track record I have no reason to disagree with Gates. If Biden ever gave any serious thought to running and for some reason his party let him he would be destroyed by the Clinton Camp. Biden has no intention of entering the 2016 race.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Tell your friends that the way to go is to draft John Kerry near the convention. Biden may run, but he does not appeal to the young voter, and comes across as too goofy ("goofy" being an official political word). A Kerry/Brown (not Jerry, bless his heart, but Sherrod) ticket may be the way to go for the Dems this time, although Bernie Sanders might just bring the Gene McCarthy thing to bear and make it work this time.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11
From what I have come to understand, Joe Biden was actually thinking that he would get a chance at the White House a couple of years ago and the DNC made it ver clear that he would not. It seems that there was quite a few of temper tantrums and bouts of anger by J. Biddy about the DNC's decision.

Some other deals were made which will pan out well for Biddy financially and he had reluctantly come to understand that Hillary would get the nomination. As Hillary is having quite a bit of trouble lately, you can understand that there is a glimmer of hope by the Biddy side to actually get to have his cake and eat it too. It probably is just a pipe-dream however as 2016 is already turning out to be a circus, who knows?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
My friends do not care whatsoever who wins the seat of POTUS. They are not actually in public office nor are they staff.

I have never thought along those lines (your personnel suggestion) before and the topic of DC only comes up in passing. Nobody serious really cares; isn't that the biggest joke of all?! Sad really.

edit on 14-8-2015 by notmyrealname because: thpelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join