It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Union Responds To Calls For Reform By Shaming The Homeless

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Most big cities have a homeless problem anyway. I just don't get the police the rationale here, or are they hoping someone will come and take all the homeless away.

Yep so let's just let the cops shame them....

Booooo to you.....

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
(squad room, 7am)

"so, let's see.... these bums are already at the bottom of the barrel. they have nothing. hmm... ok i got it! let's put them on show to make ourselves feel better? any objections? no? ok let's do it. and remember, be careful out there."
edit on R2015th2015-08-12T11:36:34-05:0020150am2234 by RoScoLaz4 because: space

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

That song slays me everytime. They really do need to know what it's like.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
I bet the same as well. Because most of them have hearts and smarts and know there's more behind this.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: MystikMushroom
I bet the same as well. Because most of them have hearts and smarts and know there's more behind this.

Why is that? Because they are really people.....Yep that is something huh?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
I'd agree with this approach but for that one thing....we'll I'd agree with their permission. People should see this.

Just like they should see the consequences of war and starvation. That buffer zone we create isn't a good thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
The public should respond by taking pictures of the police's homes and posting them, along with the addresses and perhaps pictures of their family members. Never would the police make more of an effort to become more respected by the people as when they had peace of mind to gain from it.

While I understand this sentiment...I think the fundamental change in community policing is to blame. When I grew up, the cops were part of the community...everyone in the neighborhood knew which house the cop lived in, we got to see him washing his car, mowing his grass. Granted at that time Northern Virginia was a much smaller place. But now it seems that the police are not part of their own community anymore. This is where the problem lies, IMO. Police need to stop setting themselves apart from and above the community in which they work.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Wow, those "few bad apples" seem to just keep growing in number!

I have an idea... can we maybe organize for these officers to get some real experience of the people they are abusing, by firing every last one of them and hopefully putting them in the position of the people they want to shame?

With the massive facepalms and continued stories of police brutality coming out of the US right now, it's amazing to me that anyone still wants to be a cop at all.

I can't imagine any sane person wanting to join this club of cretins - maybe that's the problem, I don't think most cops are actually sane.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I don't think most cops are actually sane.

Wow did you hit the head on the nail there buddy!

How could they be doing this garbage?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join