It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Madonna - Isis, Gaia, Kali, Mary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
We all see all over the world nowadays the worship of the Black Madonna.

Mary

Protectress, Mother, Goddess & Saint

Mary is celebrated around the world as the Divine Feminine by millions of people, many of them Catholics. Those who are devoted to Mary, honor Her as the mother of Jesus. The Blessed Virgin Mary is known as the dispenser of mercy, the ever patient mother, and protectress of humanity, and special protectress of women and children.

Many believe that with the rise of Christianity and papal power, the Goddess slowly disappeared from westen culture and faded into the Mists of Avalon . . . . So great was devotion to the Goddess that She was ressurected in the hearts of the people by a new Goddess, Mary, Mother of Jesus, the Christian version of the GreenMan.

Officially, the Catholic Church teaches that Mary was mortal and is not a Goddess, but despite this official position, many Catholics honor Mary as a Goddess. Other Catholics revere Mary as Mother of Jesus, but not as divine.

Visions of the Virgin Mary have appeared to thousands of people around the world. Her sacred shrines are at Lourdes in France and Guadalupe in Mexico, as well as many other places. Her apparitions are often to children.

Artemis Diana of Ephesus

Mary was declared to be the "Mother of God" by the Christian church in the 7th century at Ephesus, Turkey. Ephesus was the home of a magnificent temple to the Goddess, Artemis Diana, one of whose sacred titles was "Queen of Heaven". Mary is a more recent and much loved incarnation of the Gteat Goddess of the ancient Middle-eastern cultures. Mary shares many standard Goddess attributes and symbols.

The Christian church also conferred the Goddess's title on the Mother of Jesus. They called Her,"Mary, Queen of Heaven" and "Mary, Queen of the Angels" both are very ancient titles of the widely worshipped Great Goddesses on the Middle-east.

The Madoona and child have been revered since the earliest times. Isis and Her son Horus, Mary and Her son Jesus, Demeter and Her daughter Kore, all have attracted a devout following. Long before Isis, and long before Mary or Demeter, the human psyche fashioned Madonna and child icons and placed them in sacred shrines. in ritual caves and worshipped the Icons as sacred representation in sacred groves. to honor the Mother & Child. Mary is always shown wearing a head covering like Muslim women today, a head covering was required for women throughout Christian history. In 1983 the rule requiring woman to cover their hair in Church was omitted from the updated official revised Catholic Canon pertaining to such matters.

Through time, the names and sometimes the images of the Madonna nad child have changed, but the location of these shrines, and the wide devotion to them has remained constant. in many cultures. Image of the Madonna & Child are central to Catholicism, as they were often central to the Pagan worship of the Goddess IsIs and other Goddesses in the ancient world. Below are Demeter and her daughter Kore.

Demeter and Persephone / Kore

One of the most beloved images in all Christianity is the The Black Madonna. Devotion to the Black Virgin has never been stronger, Her shrines attract thousands of worshippers each year. The Black Madonna is revered througout the world, particularly in France, Poland, Italy and Spain. She is the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Crusades and holy pilgrimages. There are thousands of these beautiful sacred Madonna Icons.

The Black Madonna is honored as a true Goddess figure, and has been since Christianity entered Europe. She is honored by many as Isis, Gaia, Kali, Mary, "the Other Mary" (Mary Magdalene), Diana, Sheela Na Gig, and the Ancient Primal Earth-Mother Goddess. All are beloved all are revered, each region has their own traditions.

For many European Christians, the blending of their ancient Goddesses with the Blessed Virgin Mary has been a well accepted fact of their faith for centuries, there is no conflict. The holy Black Madonna, be She called Isis, or Mary, or Kali, or Diana, embodies all the aspects of Female Divinity for many millions of people. Mary's blessings and intervention are still sought daily by millions who pray to the Mother.

Mary Magdalene

Mary Magdalene is believed by many to have been the wife of Jesus, or his most favored Apostle, though most Catholics today vigorously reject this idea. At the very least, Mary Magdalene was Jesus' chief Apostle and a Priestess of early Christianity in her own right. Church fathers have tried for two thousand years to erase Mary Magdalen as a woman of importance, spirituality and power. They have failed, Mary Magdalen remain a figure of importance for women. The Apostle Mary Magdalene is not a fallen woman, she is a free woman, and one of the "Three Marys" of the New Testament who shared the life and labors of Jesus. Fragments have survived of "The Gospel of Mary" written in the first century or two of Christianity. We will probably nevere recover a copy of the complete mary Gospel, but what has been found profoundly alters our perceptions of the role of women in early Christianity. Women were church leaders and teachers in the early years after the death of Jesus Mary Magdalene and Phoebe were among them.

Pope John Paul II was deeply devoted to the Blessed Mother and did much to bring honor and a vitality to Her worship. His deep devotion to Mary is shared by many millions of Catholics around the world. It is because of the love for Mary that the Church considered elevating the Blessed Virgin Mary to the role of Co-Redeemer with her son Jesus Christ. This is a controversial issue in the church.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

It is because of the love for Mary that the Church considered elevating the Blessed Virgin Mary to the role of Co-Redeemer with her son Jesus Christ. This is a controversial issue in the church.

That should go over well with the protestants. Controversial is a bit understated, I would think.

The original Madonna and child?

edit on 8/11/2015 by Klassified because: resize

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'm a devout Roman Catholic and would like to point out that there are several, rather blatant inconsistencies (untruths) in the block of text you pasted. I don't have time to get into all of them, so I'll just address the very last one.

It is not controversial in Catholicism to refer to Mary as Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix, and Advocate. No controversy here. It's a dogma.

Blessed Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus Christ, Mother of The Church. Spiritual Mother of all humanity.

"All generations will call me blessed"

When a statue sits in a church for a couple or 700 years, it eventually can turn black from the constant exposure to candle soot. That's it, that's why they're black, nothing supernatural here.
edit on 11-8-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

I'm a devout Roman Catholic and would like to point out that there are several, rather blatant inconsistencies (untruths) in the block of text you pasted. I don't have time to get into all of them, so I'll just address the very last one.

It is not controversial in Catholicism to refer to Mary as Co-Redemptrix, Mediatrix, and Advocate. No controversy here. It's a dogma.

Blessed Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus Christ, Mother of The Church. Spiritual Mother of all humanity.

"All generations will call me blessed"

When a statue sits in a church for a couple or 700 years, it eventually can turn black from the constant exposure to candle soot. That's it, that's why they're black, nothing supernatural here.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Which era and religion?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Im a student of theology and history there are certian esoteric aspects i cant really go into. There are certian things in gnosticism which are of esoteric values for humnaity. Pope francis will adress you when the time comes.

I will pray for you.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

Which era and religion?

Sumerian, or slightly pre-Sumerian. So about 4000BC, give or take.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka It is because of the love for Mary that the Church considered elevating the Blessed Virgin Mary to the role of Co-Redeemer with her son Jesus Christ. This is a controversial issue in the church.

It is a controversy between the Roman Catholic cult and the Protestant churches as well as the Baptist and neo evangelicals.

The roman Catholicism does not represent true Christianity

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Well a few of us knows who the summerians are, but it seems a very controversial subject atm, or has been for a long time. The aspects kinda gives it away, and at present time its a mythical story. Sometimes its better to hide the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I had to look that one up. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

you found the answer

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
"Black Madonna"? ...that's racist.

hahahahahahahahahaha, jk.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

"Cult" defined: A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

Christianity is a cult.

Because The Church started by Jesus Christ in Mathew 16, IS The Catholic Church, therefore yes, The Catholic Church is a cult, because Christianity is a cult.

I love my Jesus, I love his message, and I certainly love his cult.

The cult, here on earth, is run by the person holding the keys. That would be the keys handed to Saint Peter. The Catholic Church has the keys. Jesus said so, and I believe him.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Spirituality dear brother, know all aspects not just a brotherhood. A soldier follows blindly, a man follows his heart. Know right from wrong, not what you are taught.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I am a soldier for Christ, in The Church Militant. I don't follow blindly, I have eyes that now see, dear brother. I once was blind though.

I am a sheep, He is The Good Shepherd. His rod and staff comforts me. One word: Obey.

My heart tells me what is right from wrong. It is The Spirit that dwells within me that prompts my heart. When you see anything I may write on this forum, it is no longer the words of Ignatian, it is The Spirit that dwells within Ignatian. This soldier has already died. Died to "self".

I do heed what My Fathers have taught me. I hold fast to The Traditions that my fathers have handed down to me....traditions that extend straight back to Jesus Christ, and his teachings.

It is those with hardened hearts who follow their own "self"...any whim or feeling as THEY respond to The World...that are too easily led astray, and wreak havoc in The World.

I live in The World, but I am not of The World. This is not my home. I'm on layover in an airport.

AMDG

edit on 12-8-2015 by Ignatian because: To ad an AMDG

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Dont be afraid of what the future might hold, a crescent moon comes before a new dawn. The ways are still the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Romani (gypsies) also have black Saint named Sara www.youtube.com...
Romanes shes called Sara la Kali sharanya.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Are you a gipsy?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: yulka
a reply to: romilo

Are you a gipsy?

Yep Finnish Rhoma, mainly tribe of Kale

top topics

<<   2 >>