It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Bengal Tiger Poachers Killed in Bangladesh

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Here is a video by CNN to demo how poachers snare tigers for poaching...very interesting

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Gotta agree there. Poor over there...no rice, no roof, no shoes, no hope.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Someone will be along shortly to explain to everyone that the meat would have been used to feed a starving tribe or family or whatever and therefore it should be allowed....

My poor attempt at sarcasm...
sleep and irritable...

I don't think anyone planned on eating a tiger. I will express the sentiment that none of us know if any of these poachers were actually greedy or just desperate. I don't think anyone should lose their life for trying to feed their family (if that was the case). I know that if I had hungry kids at home and I was desperate enough to risk prison time (or my life) to feed them I would kill a tiger if the opportunity arose. That may have been the situation... Or it may not. I would by God do it though if I were in that spot, and I think that if most of your finger-shaking conclusion jumpers here found yourselves in that situation, many would do the same.

I think it's sad that tigers died. I think it's even sadder (and more than a little sick) that so many people are callously dancing on the dead for the deed. Righteous indignation is the most effective tool to get human beings to not care about the lives or deaths of other human beings. That phenomenon is a far more heinous, insidious and common one than poaching, and I will always call people on it when I see them taking pleasure in the suffering or death of others over what amounts to a trifling thing. That is sadistic behavior, but it is depressingly common.
edit on 12-8-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I can't imagine agreeing with you more about the death of humans, needless, disgusting in it's own. That is why I didn't choose to comment on that just the act of poaching itself...
I certainly did not intend to come across as righteously indignant or accepting of the death of the alleged poachers.
I, too, would do what I had to to feed my family.

But, if I were killed in commission of a crime...just saying that it is not rational to think that law enforcement people are given weapons but, they aren't going to use them.

I also do believe that I stated that I was being sarcastic and irritable...
I suppose I am both now as well...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join