It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racisim in the work place....need to read you will be outraged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
First off, I am not going to put down the name of the company, I will however tell you we are owned by the Japanese, and ran by Latin-Americans. In our orientation, they told us if you feel you are being treated unfair, go to HR, and if you are "punished" to tell HR because supervisors are not supposed to do that. I have been suspended 4 times, because I did what the company said to do. I got suspended once because I asked for a department transfer.

I go into work everyday and do my job, and I do it quite well, my supervisor even said so herself. I don't really talk to anyone, cuz "supposedly" the people I work with can't understand English. And, god frickin forbid if her "clique" who works with me should tell me if the product is not coming out right so I can fix the problem, they would rather have ALOT of rework, that they don't have to do. In my book, everything should go out on the first pass, that is being productive, Right? Not here......

And one would think if an employee makes a suggestion on how to make their job easier, management would at least entertain the idea. but instead management does something to make it 10 X's harder.

ETA: All of management are latin americans, except two white women, one a supervisor, one lead, and one white guy. out of I'd guess 65 supervisors, and leads.....

I get along with everyone, except her and her Cronies as I have nicknamed them. Of course, I do however have a problem with getting sneered at, looked down on, and dirty looks when I run the way the boss wants(their friend) And some of the looks they give me is like I owe them something.

People are supposed to be rotated everyday. I have done the same job for a year and a half, of which, I don't have a problem with, HOWEVER, after a while, its nice to do something different, I asked twice to be moved for just half a day.....I got laughed at by my supervisor and told to get back to work.....mind you I can multitask, I was already working as we were talking.

I know if someone is reading this, your probably thinking well, go talk to her boss.....right.......can't do that either, because they are having an affair, go to his boss......HR won't do anything about it. My next step is to go to HR's boss, then the president of the company.

There is WAY more to this than just this. Almost EVERY "white" person, espically us girls get wrote up, or yelled at on a daily basis.
In my case, I'm expected to keep the line running, and make sure quality standards are being met, basically run the line, but I do not have a title, but yesterday, one of her "Cronies" was putting something on that shouldn't have been there, I picked it up showed him, and he proceeded to put 3 more on glaring at me, I asked him if he was stupid. Mind you he don't know English. I get pulled into a hallway and told I can't say things like that, and I am not to talk, tell, suggest anything to anyone, just stand in my little 1 and a half spot and do what I do.

It's kinda hard when I have new people asking me questions I know the answer to, or show them an easier way to do things, which speeds production.

Any bosses here who agrees with her? I would think that if a boss had an employee who is willing to help make production go smoother, so more product can be produced, they would be more than happy. Not her.

Any ideas on what to do. I don't want another job, I like this one, I just don't appreciate who I work for.
edit on 9-8-2015 by thepolish1 because: lost a thought, then found it again.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If you think you're a victim of workplace discrimination I would suggest you contact both your state and federal EEOC complaint departments.

Despite being government agencies, they're usually fairly on point with things. The federal EEOC site also has a list of state agencies that can help. The state agencies are typically quicker to respond and react.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thank you for the tip Shamrock, I just think it's pretty bad we live in America and we are treated this way.

Not too long ago the kid I work with, which is Mexican told me, "Come on, get with it, you live in The United States of America, learn Spanish. A few days later the people on my line were talking, and he was telling her about it in Spanish, of which I can understand some, but, the Supervisor got a good chuckle out of it, as did her cronies. I am the only white person on the line.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thepolish1

No problem. A friend of mine was in a similar (somewhat) situation and had exhausted all possibilities like it sounds you have. She contacted the state agency and the ball was rolling by the end of the week, if I recall correctly. She was pleased with how they handled things.

Good luck to you

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
so where is the racism?
i read the entire OP and i am not outraged.

sounds like you work at some type of packaging plant.

supposed to be outraged but you like the job?

dont really know what to tell you.
either keep working there and deal or quit.
not really all that hard

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I thank you for your post, and I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion, But apparently you need to learn your English a little better. go back and re-read the last sentence, and to simplify the issue for you, cuz apparently you didn't get it,

I am an American who works under a Latin American who hates white people. And because of her "views" It makes the job for us white girls a lot harder., it's pretty simple really. You apparently aren't a red blooded American.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepolish1

I thank you for your post, and I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion, But apparently you need to learn your English a little better. go back and re-read the last sentence, and to simplify the issue for you, cuz apparently you didn't get it,

I am an American who works under a Latin American who hates white people. And because of her "views" It makes the job for us white girls a lot harder., it's pretty simple really. You apparently aren't a red blooded American.

ok. lets try it

here is your last sentence

I don't want another job, I like this one, I just don't appreciate who I work for.

yup. read it again. you said the company was run by latin americans. you never said who your boss was.

you mentioned a couple white women and a white lead.
how the hell am i supposed to know which one is your boss?

sounds to me you work some entry level position for some crap company and things are not going your way.
what do you expect?

you mention 'the line'
what do you do?

you also mention race several times.

eh, whatever.
sounds like your job sucks. its a wonder why you like it
again, maybe you should quit.

yup. just read it a 3rd time.
you seem pretty hung op on race as you mention it a lot.
get the job through a temp service?
have any qualifications?

if not, maybe you should go get some.

edit on 9-8-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Nobody cares if whites are discriminated against. THAT is the reality of America right now.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I know this situation well enough. This will probably surprise you, but my experience with management says that if the manager is a "typical" manager, then this is common behavior. Now, not all managers are bad like that: But in all of the jobs I've had, there is one manager that doesn't really care about the company; all they care about is not having any more work on their plates.

Ethically - if you want to try to stay on the job, talk to other people in the station you are looking to do. Try talking to another manager that might be able to help. Try to get the person causing you problems to email you (IE: Ask via email why you cannot switch stations, even though you are supposed to; try your best to get an email back, because now you have physical proof). If you have proof in some form, that is the only time you should try for someone higher than your boss getting involved: Remember, they already have proof: Your record and suspensions. So, you need to present some proof other than word of mouth to equal out.

I used to work for a German-based company where there were two bosses and a manager. The boss in the USA liked me, but the other two, who came and visited, didn't. They would ask if I understood German, and I affirmed that although I knew a few words, I couldn't speak it. Google Translate did know how to, though - well enough for me to know that they were talking about me

Try not to show them that it bothers you: My two best defenses against the manager and boss were that I remained silent, and I would always smile, even when they would openly call me some...not smile-worthy names and comments. If they called me out on something that I had evidence for that contradicts what they said, I'd pretend I was confused, and also openly remark that the (note, email, meeting notes, etc) said otherwise, and would they please clarify the request. If they yelled at you for doing something wrong, ask them to politely show you how to correct your mistake (because, after all, you want to keep this "mistake" from happening in the future, right?).

-foss

PS: Sorry for the long read (as usual).

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If it is Japanese owned, write a letter to the Japanese owners. They DO care about production and workplace issues. Sounds like the owners need to do a shake up and you alerting the owners may put you in a much better position of authority. Maybe.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Go troll somewhere else, as far as qualifications, I am qualified to do my supervisors job. I don't want that position there, because I don't want the head ache. And what exactly is it that you do?

edit on 9-8-2015 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

THANK YOU MR. OBAMA!!!!!! I always thought tshtf scenario would be nuclear war, or something along those lines, but a civil war is more likely, I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepolish1

Go troll somewhere else, as far as qualifications, I am qualified to do my supervisors job.

yeah.
im a total troll cause i dont see the racism in your post and formed an opinion based on your attitude.
so trollish of me.
i was just being honest.
there is a difference.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Check your pm's, Polish

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Unfortunatly, I have no access to computers, and when anything is said, she takes whom ever out in the hall where there are no cameras. And believe me, this place is wired for sound if you know what I mean. If you are caught taking a pic of you and your friend outside on your cell, you get fired.

A lot of us are livid over this, but everyone is afraid they are going to lose their job. Even some of the Mexicans. And it also has to do with favoritism. like I said, there is a lot more to it than just what I put.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Your attitude couldn't be the cause of this alleged discrimination now could it? You are being very defensive and rude to those who don't see things from your perspective.

And nice .. Rag on someone else's English skills "cuz" yours are top-notch?

Good luck with the job thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

check your pms

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Would you put up with it? the supervisors "friends" can walk around, talk to people, not do their job, and that's ok, I guess I shouldn't have an attitude, I'm so sorry, I forgot what I was thinking. You really put things into perspective. Thank you.
And cuz is short hand for what??? People use it everyday. And thank you for the good luck.

edit on 9-8-2015 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

There still might be a way to get evidence, then - Is there an explicit rule stating that this individual has to say everything where there isn't a camera? If the place is as wired as you think, then the next time they try: Have them say it right where you are standing, and make sure you hold your temper: Say only what needs to be said, loud enough that several other people hear it. For me, I'd say I'm uncomfortable with talking with them in an area that the cameras can't see; if it needs to be private, then request that at the least, there is a third person you both can agree on present in the room with you. Take notes in the meetings or individual sessions; it'll make them watch what they say and do.

My old manager would do the same thing: He'd pull us into a private room, and tell us what he really thought of us (he wasn't a fan of "kids" working in the office; I'm hardly a kid at 24). One day, when he tried to pull his antics again, I told him "You can tell me whatever it is you want to right here, in public; I think it's something everyone needs to hear". Guess what? He stopped doing it.

I'd still recommend another job though: Getting another one while still working is much better than searching for one when you are out of work.

Feel free to message me, at the least, I can help cheer you up.

-foss

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yeah .. Have an attitude to strangers online that posted their very tame opinions to your very public post on a high traffic open forum. Save your vitriol for those doing you these perceived injustices.

Sorry that you're going through tough times, then again who isn't? And you're welcome, keep your chin up!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join