It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Program on History Channel " Missing in Alaska"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I recently came across this program series which just started a few weeks back. The show uses the information that for every 1,000 people in Alaska, 5 go missing every year, some for explainable reasons, some are not. There is a large "bermuda-type triangle" within Alaska. They have an Investiagtive Team comprised of 3 people. A former Cop, an Expert on Alaskas' myths and fokelore, and an Investiagator who is familiar with the paranormal aspects. In this particular show, the storyline is that Mt. Hayes in Alaksa is notorious for lights and ufo's in the skies around it. A Hiker has gone missing and strange green lights have been seen in the sky. The hiker is never heard from again.

The team decides to hike up Mt. Hayes which is a large mountain. They have also brought along a local man, who claims he has been an abductee many, many times. They set up special cameras at a point in their hike so that what is seen in the sky will be seen on these cameras. As luck would have it, they just happen to catch a white looking orb, that veers, left veers, veers right and hovers, and then in the blink of an eye, the orb disappears in a downward motion behind the mountains. I have only seen this type of behavior in a few ufo cases over the many years I have been following them.

For anyone who wants to check this episode out I will include it.

The team also heads back into town and speaks to a gentleman who has been with MUFON for some time. He informs that there are rumours that there is a large underground alien base within Mt. Hayes. I was not aware of the ufo background of this mountain before or the rumor that there is a large underground alien base. But in checking on ATS it seems the subject has come up over the past many years.

The team was able to get to the area of the mountain where the white orb ufo apparently landed, and you could see a large circular "hole" where the ufo touched down. They took snow samples to have analyzed and found out there were very high levels of tungsten in the snow. The thinking being that the source, was either from space, or deep underground. One of the investigators got a high radiation level at the landing site as well.....when he first tested a magnetometer on the mountain, it was pegged, later when he tested th elanding site, he got nothing.
I enjoyed this program and plan on checking out more episodes. This was the 3rd one. The first program deals with a missing military plane that may or may not have gone into some type of "vortex."

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
For some reason I couldn't get the vids to play on your link. There are some episodes on youtube though. Here is one I found.

I'll watch later. Thank you for bringing these to our attention!

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

sorry it didn't work. Hopefully it will for others.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I had some hope for this show, praying that it wouldn't be another one of those over-the-top shows with bad acting and obviously fake mysterious occurrences and blurry sightings for dramatic effect (you know, like Finding Bigfoot, Chasing UFOs and those other shows where in every episode they magically find evidence but it's never enough to actually prove anything).

So I gave it a shot. After all, the tales of vortexes and mysterious disappearances fascinate me. However, the minute they started flying that drone and detected magnetic field anomalies, my BS meter started going off. Then when the drone mysteriously vanished without a trace in that cloud, I just went "Nope". Once they saw the flying light over the mountain, scaled it and then found their drone that "vanished" into the implied vortex earlier in the episode, I knew for sure that this show was BS. :/
edit on 9-8-2015 by Charizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

lol. I said nope when I saw the words 'history channel and ufo'.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Ingo Swann, the psychic that wrote the original CIA/Army manual for performing Remote Viewing wrote a small, strange book later in his career. Entitled Penetration it included one section supposedly he was taken to Alaska to scope out a UFO base and was actually taken out in the field to view a gigantic UFO raising up from its underground base. He had much fear of the event. I assume that the event he describer took place in the late 1970s.

I never gave his account much credibility. I was so disappointed in the book that I gave it away--something I NEVER do with my UFO books.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

It's mostly stupid people that are not prepared to go in the woods and have absolutely zero talents or skills with no resources,it's not aliens just unpreparedness

edit on 9-8-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Check out the very last one on the page. "Doe".

dps.alaska.gov...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Dp

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nvrmnd

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

There was a movie made about people going missing in Alaska called "the 4th Kind." It was supposedly taken from true events and had some actual "video clips" of a UFO or abduction encounter. There was a little girl who was supposedly abducted, and was never heard of again. I don't know if this film was labeled to be non-fiction to attract movie goers, or it was the real deal.

edit on 9-8-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091 Do you have another link? Cant watch this one

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It seems like a cross between Finding Bigfoot and a UFO show to me. Their "investigations" seem to swing toward paranormal way too quickly and then they just walk around the woods with a thermal camera doing a lot of "what was that?!" nonsense.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I swear they are churning shows out like this to debunk a community like ATS and make it look like we are all literal wearers of tinfoil hats.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Saw this thread so I decided to pop over to youtube and have a looksee.... More twoddle to make serious people with a genuine interest in unsolved mysteries look like idiots IMO.

The first episode was a desperate attempt to try and link a probable ordinary plane crash to "mysterious vortexes" kinda put me off the whole thing straight away. But I gave it a chance and watched episode 2.

ERM.....???? Finding Bigfoot anyone????

OK. Episode 3.. I'm sure Ive seen that guy elsewhere who has the 6000 photos taken of "highly suspicious objects". Cant think where it was from though :/. The pictures i saw were lightly satellites taken with the 1 sec time lapse with 50th of a sec shutter speed to reduce blurring. like he explained. I am pretty confused about the high levels of tungsten though? Although I'm no scientist and I don't actually know if that is "high". Also I'm pretty sure that Atacama alien thing is something to do with Dr. Steven Greer, who I know has a less than favorable reputation in these parts lol.

If you want to know my standpoint on most things UFO then I'm a Sceliever. LOL. I do believe there are UFO's as there's plenty of evidence that has been collected over the years. But they are just what the name explains. UN-Identified....As to whether they are a result of aliens, then I'm skeptical. We still don't know a hell of a lot. In fact I'd go out on a limb and say we don't know a hell of a lot more than we definitively do know. If that makes any sense lol (clear as mud right)? Also I'm quite puzzled about the whole Bigfoot thing too and his relations (menk,grassman,skunkape etc)

Sure hes been seen on many occasions yet still after all this time no definite proof of existence to the general populace as a whole. I'm not going to say either way as there's a few people out there that seem sure of what they saw and with no evidence know what they saw wasn't a bear as they see them all the time.

Any-who.. Back to the "show" thats all I can call it. A show. Yet more of the history channel trying to make serious people look like tin foil hat wearing idiots. How long will it be before we see some decent TV made that makes a proper scientific attempt to solve some of these genuine mysteries without stomping around in the dark making more noise than anything they are lightly to see with thermal and night vision saying "what was that? Did you see/hear that??" As it makes genuine people with serious interest damn well annoyed watching these idiots doing what they are doing.

I'm also pretty sure there's enough retired USMC snipers and other military recon unit members willing and able to put together a proper scientific team and really pin down these things in a much more well presented way than has been done so far.

Well that's my 2 penneth worth anyway. thanks for your patience in reading what I had to say..

Peace.

M.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

I swear they are churning shows out like this to debunk a community like ATS and make it look like we are all literal wearers of tinfoil hats.

Yep, I had high hopes for the concept of the show but it was a total joke.

I figure it would have more of a David Paulides feel where they scientifically investigated the disappearances without immediately jumping to bigfoot and UFOs as explanations.
edit on 8/9/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

I figure it would have more of a David Paulides feel where they scientifically investigated the disappearances without immediately jumping to bigfoot and UFOs as explanations.

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for. A serious show talking about mysterious disappearance cases like the Missing 411 stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard

originally posted by: Answer

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for. A serious show talking about mysterious disappearance cases like the Missing 411 stuff.

If they went in seriously and investigated the disappearances, it would be a great show but they went for the typical History Channel angle and tried to entertain the gullible idiots instead of informing the viewers with a brain.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Its like the highway in Canada where they have all the missing women. So far they have identified something like 10 +/- serial killers who use/used the area they are finding the bodies as a dumping site.

Considering the size of Alaska and its remoteness its not surprising the number of people who go missing - either by carelessness or criminal action.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Definitely a lost opportunity. Even if all the causes of the disappearances were "natural" or environmental it would still make for interesting TV without the sensationalism.

History should rebrand themselves to Aliens, Aliens, Aliens, ALIENS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join