It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Five Children, Three Adults Found Dead Inside Texas Home

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Of course, it's the PD's fault for not running him down quicker. Of course we have no idea how old the warrant was right now but yea.

Then again, had he like...not killed and/or assaulted anybody, then it wouldn't have happened either but yea, let's go with the cops should've tracked him down quicker.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Another thing I don't get is cops, this day in age, are killing people left and right for stupid stuff like minor traffic violations, or weed, petty theft and yet here is a guy that murdered eight people, five of which were freaking children, shot at the officers and yet he is STILL ALIVE.

Maybe they do this so they can have one more who, if found not guilty and not given the death penalty, will be incarcerated for a long time. That's where prisons make more money... an "understaffed" jail is a bad investment these days, y'know? The minor busts aren't filling enough pockets anymore I guess.
edit on 9-8-2015 by boneoracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Of course, it's the PD's fault for not running him down quicker. Of course we have no idea how old the warrant was right now but yea.

Then again, had he like...not killed and/or assaulted anybody, then it wouldn't have happened either but yea, let's go with the cops should've tracked him down quicker.

That's not at all what I getting at here. That was just the first thought that popped into my head about it.

I don't understand what the warrant has to do with anything and why that was even mentioned? What is your thought's on it since you pointed it out?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Its like people want cops to act as Judge, Jury and executioner. This is not the year 2050 this is not the movie DREDD.

#ing take the crazy bastard in and figure out wtf happened, and let him stand trial.

Yes the sickos have rights too!

Anyone who says otherwise is unconstitutional.

I find it ironic that they did not shoot him dead when he fired on them yes. But then again its a bit harder to kill someone when they are shooting back. Respect of the fire power is what got him out alive.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
Its like people want cops to act as Judge, Jury and executioner. This is not the year 2050 this is not the movie DREDD.

#ing take the crazy bastard in and figure out wtf happened, and let him stand trial.

Yes the sickos have rights too!

Anyone who says otherwise is unconstitutional.

I find it ironic that they did not shoot him dead when he fired on them yes. But then again its a bit harder to kill someone when they are shooting back. Respect of the fire power is what got him out alive.

In this area right now regardless of what the criminal is doing the police are hesitant to use deadly force. I live in a community just west of Houston in Waller County. There was an officer involved shooting in a small community here yesterday as well. A suspect was shooting at his brother when the police arrived. He fired on the police as well. The officer hesitated to fire back because of all of the "activists" in the Bland case. When officers start to hesitate to do what is necessary innocent people get hurt. Sounds to me like damned if you do - damned if you don't. While I believe that some officers do go overboard, I think the over reactions to normal circumstances will continue to cause the police to hesitate. If that happens, you will see the wild west because the normal citizen will take protection into their own hands.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

I lived in katy for much of my adolecent life. Had my fare share of run ins with waller pd.

The one thing I will say about them is in that small town they "make their own rules" as i have been told that by 2 different officers on different occasions. They were always cool to me, even after I hauled ass on one of them on 362 where I admitly use to top out my car, and do 110+ on the banked roads. They detained me, said they were gonna take me in then decided to write me 2 big ass tickets and let me go.

When I heard about Ms. Bland and the turn signal resulting in death I was disheartened. And I remembered they make their own rules. Bunch of good old boys out there old and new.

Whether she commited suicide or was murdered we probably will never know.

That said. I'd rather an officer be hesitant and take one to the vest than shoot and kill a guy pulling out a cell phone. Ofcourse if the #er fires first put the glock 18 on full auto and empty the clip.
edit on 9-8-2015 by AlongCamePaul because: Got damn autocorrect.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The warrant is relevant because the guy was going to be taken into custody regardless of what happened at the house once police arrived.

It's also relevant in that people are throwing out all kinds of "what if" scenarios, when I would argue that finding a guy in a house full of dead people who has a warrant out for a violent crime directed at family gives reasonable suspicion that he may have perpetrated the crime.

I'm glad he was taken into custody. And I'm glad those espousing vigilante justice aren't in law enforcement.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul

I lived in katy for much of my adolecent life. Had my fare share of run ins with waller pd.

The one thing I will say about them is in that small town they "make their own rules" as i have been told that by 2 different officers on different occasions. They were always cool to me, even after I hauled ass on one of them on 362 where I admitly use to top out my car, and do 110+ on the banked roads. They detained me, said they were gonna take me in then decided to write me 2 big ass tickets and let me go.

When I heard about Ms. Bland and the turn signal resulting in death I was disheartened. And I remembered they make their own rules. Bunch of good old boys out there old and new.

Whether she commited suicide or killed herself we probably will never know.

First, Waller County is more than the city of Waller. Bland died in Hempstead not Waller. The shooting yesterday was in Brookshire. My husband and I got pulled over in Brookshire for drag racing (I told him my TA would beat his truck). Turns out when the copy looked at our license he knew my husband.They used to drag race on the back roads together. He let us go. I don't think they all necessarily make their own rules. I think they are people like the rest of us and dependent on circumstances they try to give as much as possible. At least that has always been my experience.

In another instance my husband was pulled over (in the hot rod truck) because his tag light was out. In actuality, because of where the officer saw us he had good reason to suspect we had been drinking. (he was right - but not drunk). My husband had an open beer in the truck which he promptly dropped behind the seat. The cop asked him if he had an open container. My husband said yes I just dropped it behind the seat. The cop said yes I saw. My husband kicked the bumper on the truck the tag light came on and the cop let him go. Open container here is a $500 fine.

Another incident, we had been riding motorcycles all day bar to bar. We left the last bar and one rider went a different direction. When the rest of realized it we split up to see if we could find them to be sure they were OK. Shortly after getting home the rider called us and said he dropped his bike in his yard and couldn't get it off of him and his ankle was broken. We jumped in the car and headed out to help. Well, in the meantime, he called 911 and told him he had bike wreck. Just as we arrived we saw the highway patrol go by. We loaded the rider in the car and took him out to the end of the drive to wait for the ambulance. The officer knew we had had too much to drink but was understanding of the fact we came to help a friend. His instructions were and I quote "back down the driveway and wait until you can't see my taillights." He could have taken us both to jail.

All this to say cops are people and are, just like everyone else, are dealing with work and personal issues. A little respect and good manners by all goes a long way whether you are dealing with a cop or the kid at the drive thru at Jack in the Box.
edit on 8/9/2015 by TXTriker because: grammar

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I will agree to that.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
For anybody interested, the guy was charged with 8 counts of murder this morning. One count is apparently "murder of a person under the age of six" fwiw.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
For anybody interested, the guy was charged with 8 counts of murder this morning. One count is apparently "murder of a person under the age of six" fwiw.

Thanks for the update Sham

I was just reading over on The Blaze and they have this lil update:

The Houston Chronicle reported that there had been calls to police from that home in the past.

UPDATE: Deputies knew there was a history of family violence at home where 8 people found dead #KHOU11 #HouNews @KHOU pic.twitter.com/njCUg7muB7

edit on 8 9 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

This is tragic #ing tragic. Had I of been the cop entering the house upon seeing dead children and being shot at I would of gone PTSD on the dude and killed him. He wouldn't of walked out of that one. Then again it might be better as dead people don't talk. Just a tragedy all around and makes my stomach turn.

Im confused....in the cop gets beat with his own gun thread youre bashing cops it seems. I also think that the police need to start a you shoot at me i kill you policy no exceptions in those situations.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Well cops arresting people ruins lives.

But doling out street justice to anybody found at a murder scene isn't ruining lives.

Totally different. Duh.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The hypocrisy is strong on ATS LMAO.

I also love when people on ATS say "what ifs" aren't relevant to law enforcement officers and the decisions they make.

The Michael Brown incident is the perfect example. "What if" Wilson didn't shoot Brown after he charged at him the final time? Would Brown have beat him to death? Would Brown have taken his gun and shot Wilson? The "what ifs" don't matter in these situations because they apply in favor to the officer.

However, apparently when it applies in favor to a person (suspect) inside a house full of dead bodies, that shoots at officers, "what if" situations apply. For example, from this thread;

" 1 What if someone else in the house killed them and committed suicide?
2 What if he had nothing to do with it and lost his mind when he discovered the bodies?
3 What if... "

Couple that with the beliefs of another ATS poster that feels (which of course he is entitled to) the police should not be able to shoot back at a person that is shooting at them and you have undeniable proof that there are people that view police officers as less than human, expendable.

As a police officer and when I am no longer one, if you shoot at me I will shoot at you until the threat is no more.
edit on 9-8-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
More at the Houston Chronicle

The man accused in the murderous rampage that left six children and two adults dead inside a northwest Harris County home climbed through an unlocked window, restrained them and shot each one in the head, according to prosecutors.
Conley has a history of domestic violence that dates back to at least 2000. He has previously threatened and attacked Valerie Jackson. He was last arrested in July for allegedly smashing her head into a refrigerator multiple times, after she fought to get a belt from him that he said he was going to use to discipline one of her children for staying out late.

In another case, a Harris County judge in 2013 issued an emergency protective order to keep Conley away from Jackson

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
From what I've been reading in various articles, this was an odd family. 6 kids, mom & dad, plus the killer, father of the eldest child all apparently lived together. Some articles mention she had the eldest with the murdering SOB, the relationship ended & she eventually married the current guy. And somehow that soured and she ended up back with the murdering SOB, while still with the husband & everyone lived together.

Either some facts are really messed up, or this is the weirdest cohabitation arraignment/love triangle/whatever between current & former spouses I've ever heard of.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well I'll be danged, a man with a gun the police don't immediately advance on and shoot. I guess this one really was armed. Cowards. I wonder if these cops will kill themselves wondering if they missed a chance to save someone because they weren't the bad mofo's they thought they were, even with their vests and numbers.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
Well I'll be danged, a man with a gun the police don't immediately advance on and shoot. I guess this one really was armed. Cowards. I wonder if these cops will kill themselves wondering if they missed a chance to save someone because they weren't the bad mofo's they thought they were, even with their vests and numbers.

What?!

I really hope you are being sarcastic.

If not... *clears throat and uses my best lady like voice*
Bless yo heart

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

Police have repeatedly bravely charged into danger and killed people who turned out to be completely defenseless. Now they SAW A DEAD CHILD AND HEARD GUNSHOTS and they ran away and waited for the suspect to comply. Shame on them. They don't need their guns because they refuse to use them for the reason they were given.

Feel free to actually say ANYTHING in defense of these men who men who are regularly called heroes but DIDN'T DO THEIR JOB when push came to shove. Because playing a little old southern lady doesn't exactly establish you as someone of great social insight all on its own. Matter of fact I reckon that and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Now if you would have used more words, I wouldn't have said bless you heart.

I totally understand your outrage , this story is heartbreaking and infuriating. Sometimes a news story is so overwhelming, for my heart and soul, I have to walk away from.

The 2 things I will say to you are, 1) I am southern, and a lady but not old, and 2) your anger would be better served then directed towards me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join