It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Five Children, Three Adults Found Dead Inside Texas Home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
a reply to: Justaposter

Police have repeatedly bravely charged into danger and killed people who turned out to be completely defenseless. Now they SAW A DEAD CHILD AND HEARD GUNSHOTS and they ran away and waited for the suspect to comply. Shame on them. They don't need their guns because they refuse to use them for the reason they were given.

Feel free to actually say ANYTHING in defense of these men who men who are regularly called heroes but DIDN'T DO THEIR JOB when push came to shove. Because playing a little old southern lady doesn't exactly establish you as someone of great social insight all on its own. Matter of fact I reckon that and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee.

How do you save a CORPSE? they were already dead. And yeah you would run too if shot at im sure,but to get out of the line of fire. It didnt say how far they retreated to did it? Military does it all the time its called Strategic withdrawal so they can regroup. Theres a fine line between BRAVE and stupid. Now personally if he was there and i saw the corpses had holes in them i would not had taken the guy alive. Anyone with a brain can figure out what went downand who was most likely responsible.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

But the cops didn't know that at the time did they? They had an active shooter at a murder scene and no way of knowing that they hadn't walked in to the middle of the act.
Cops generally shoot the unknown- but not when they know it can shoot back, and that means they have no reason to carry firearms. It also means they are cowards.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond

But the cops didn't know that at the time did they? They had an active shooter at a murder scene and no way of knowing that they hadn't walked in to the middle of the act.
Cops generally shoot the unknown- but not when they know it can shoot back, and that means they have no reason to carry firearms. It also means they are cowards.

YEah. how many times have swat rushed a building and civvies got killed because of it? Just because they could had rushed in does not mean there would had been time to save anyone. an dmost likely would had resulted in another death of the family. Yeah its REAL SMART to blindly rush in and cause more death than if you had waited a moment.

ALso I have sene plenty of cops shoot when they could shoot back before so your example is way off base. Also COPS are there to PUNISH the lawbreakers not protect you really.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

1. Cops are not there to punish, punishment comes after trial. And in point of fact it's called the correctional system, not the punishment system, because the goal is to stop it from happening again.... to protect us! Thanks for illustrating how police support stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of justice.

2. I'm not saying the cops should have rushed in. I'm saying that regardless of what they should do since they don't intervene against active shooters they shouldn't have guns, because those guns are clearly primarily for threatening and sometimes killing people who are NOT an immediate threat and that's not necessary.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Man. Where you got the idea that cops don't shoot people who are armed truly escapes me. Step away from the rhetoric for a minute. Yea, cops are killing unarmed people. And dogs. And probably some cats. And some squirrels. But you make it sound as if every last person killed is unarmed and cops run away like brave Sir Robin at the first sign of gunfire. Which is pure unadulterated rhetoric and nothing more.

Maybe the officers were in a fatal funnel. Maybe, since they had prior experience with the same residence, they knew everybody was dead when they entered the house. Maybe maybe maybe.

But let's crucify them all over a maybe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join