It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$200k homes on offer in every US state: which would you pick?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Interior wise, I want a good kitchen with plenty of room to work. I would also like a room lined with bookshelves. 1.) I have that many books and 2.) It's practical. Books are good insulators.

im with you. ive always wanted a sick kitchen. lots of room. some bad ass sub z's. maybe an island.
with you on the books too. i have lots of books. i have several shelves in my living room. theyre on 3 walls plus 2 in the spare room and one in my bedroom. plus the stack by the toilet. hahaha
i would love to have built in shelves all around the main hang room.

even if i had the cash to buy an 8k square foot house i wouldnt. it is only 3 of us an a 20lb dog. dont need that much space. i would sacrifice living space for more land.

i would also need a big ass garage. need room to put all my shop equipment.

it would be nice to have 1 special shelf dedicated to first editions though. i only have a few of those but i am working on getting more

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
i love houses like this

but i couldnt own one unless i had some serious property and a wall/fortification around it.
it is beautiful but i would not feel secure.

there is a house in a little tucked away neighborhood by us that is like 90% glass. which is why we call it the glass house. it looks awesome but it would make me nervous

something like this would be sweet

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Unfortunately, it is real.

Here is an example of a recent listing.

On this list there are 1 bedroom 1 bath condos going for half a million.

When I lived with my mom, we used to watch the American realty shows and gasp over the homes you could get in the USA for $100,000 - $200,000. Practically palatial to what the market looks like here.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Really I was just skimming through your link and couldn't believe the difference in house prices. The house from St. Louis was just to highlight the difference in prices between the UK and the US.

Otherwise, like you, I prefer bricks and mortar in a neighbourhood that doesn't have a high murder rate or six months of shovelling snow off the drive. Call me fussy...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Kiwi land. Auckland is out of control with house prices. They say kiwi land, Aotearoa or new zealand is a bit like Scotland.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
200k is peanuts. My house is close to that and by choice I make less than a minimum wage couple and I afford it just fine, while paying for all the bills for me my wife and our pets. We also take vacations, about to go on our 2nd one this year.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Thanks for posting the image, I'm no good at that stuff. The initial size and stature of the building got me. Seems almost majestic to me. And the front grounds are beautiful. Great place to raise kids, I reckon. I really can't believe it's 199k. You couldn't buy a home like that in England for 200k pounds, let alone dollars.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join