It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jurassic Park's hidden messages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well, yes, there are dinosaurs but after watching it last night I think there is something far deeper.

Most people watch movies without knowing the symbolism. For instance, the movies "The Magnificent Seven" and "A Bugs Life" are essentially a re-telling of Akira Kurosawa's "The Seven Samurai" while "The Lion King" is a re-telling of "Hamlet." I have also heard that "Back to the Future" is based on the Egyptian story of Horace. And of course "Star Wars" fans will recognize the contributions of psychologist Carl Jung and the archetypes employed in the journey of the hero.

Now, as for "Jurassic World" I would guess it is ultimately based on ancient history. Note the typical artwork associated with Atlantis and compare it to the island dinosaur resort village in the movie...complete with a central pyramid with an illuminated apex. So what is going on? Book of Jasher? The scientists are mixing all sorts of DNA together to create new life - including perhaps using human DNA in the mix? That is not answered but is left to speculation I believe. You also have a debate on the military applications of bio-tech v. robotics. Not sure this was happening before Noah's flood but the Book of Jasher at least presents the idea that it was the mis-use of genetic technology that was intended to provoke God and led to the flood. The Book of Revelations certainly has a lot that may be understood only in the context of robotics, bio-warfare and nanotechnology.

And back to the pyramid...not something associated with NWO stuff nowadays, no, not in the least.

Of course this could all be incorrect speculation but it sure would add a deeper perspective to the movie if it was influenced by more than just trying to make a fun action movie. Yet as Orwell once stated, "All art is propaganda" and so even in the most low-budget movie there is a message, so why not in the big blockbusters?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: edward777
Well, yes, there are dinosaurs but after watching it last night I think there is something far deeper.

Most people watch movies without knowing the symbolism. For instance, the movies "The Magnificent Seven" and "A Bugs Life" are essentially a re-telling of Akira Kurosawa's "The Seven Samurai" while "The Lion King" is a re-telling of "Hamlet." I have also heard that "Back to the Future" is based on the Egyptian story of Horace. And of course "Star Wars" fans will recognize the contributions of psychologist Carl Jung and the archetypes employed in the journey of the hero.

Also Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress was a huge influence on Lucas... he's said as much himself.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I love the spin this theory puts on the film:

Theory

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Good post. Thanks.

Most, if not all, stories are takes/spins on earlier stories. Shakespeare used a lot of early Greek stories. They were know to the audience.

Maybe we are just comfortable with the same, few recipes. IDK

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Michet

your link to the 'Theory' sounds like elementary school stuff

the reason for re-creating long lost dinosaurs was because the present day meat/protein source for the present day food chain was contaminated by the feed sources for food chain animals using GMO crops and recycled dead animals into cattle/pork/chicken/even horse nutrition by the big mega-corporations... at least in the earlier rendition (circa late 1970's -1983) of what became the lame and ludicrous screen BS called J.P.
~too much mad-cow disease, bad prions (before the Prion craze started by the time traveler guy)
~too much avian flu
~too much pork recalls
~the whole food chain was corrupted, poisioned by the lust for profits

the 'island' was actually created by the Chesapeake Bay, the eastern shore along with Delaware ... a natural barrier was created when rising sea levels cut off the Eastern Maryland-and Delaware peninsula from Maryland and NJ and made the landmass an island... not some Atlantis island with a NORAD Mountain (Pyramid) as the operations center

see: www.pinterest.com...

the modern alligator/crocodile egg was stripped of nuclear DNA and as complete a code of a dino genome was inserted as possible from various mosquitoes trapped I Amber from the rich sources of Amber found in Lithuania ... not the hocus-poke-us from the Juvenile Presentation slapped together by the famous author some 10 years after my self made story/tale got leaked out by an not-so-trustworthy renter down in murrells inlet sc back in the '80s

my Primal Forest story had at its roots the poisoning of the food chain and the coincidence of global warming/sea level risings
to create a resurrection of large meat sources in a very advantageous location...
the vegetarian dinos could forage in the swamplands of the newly formed Reserve, eat the garbage from the metro areas like NYC/Boston/Philly/DC/Newark NJ etc

the later to be introduced meat eating dinos would cull the herds of plant eating dinos , the aged or unhealthy dino meat would never hit our tables with something like 13 varieties of meat from dinos replacing the very scattered livestock ranches/farms all over the place

My story was utilitarian not sensationalism
edit on th31143914462309232015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I always thought (in the first movie) it was mainly a cautionary tale about relying on technology (And/or underestimating the randomness and chaos of nature). Of course those themes are not really hidden. But most people I know never really commented on them and mostly took the movie at face value (Dinosaurs trying to kill people and people trying to get away).

I also found it kind of interesting there is a really quick shot of Oppenheimer's photo on Nedry's computer monitor. Again, it's not hard to guess why it's there but that's another case of something most people probably never noticed. That's pretty unfortunate. That such a powerful message (Or I should say messenger) is buried just deep enough in one of the most popular movies of all time that most people won't even receive it.

There's also some info out there that makes note of the fact that Grant improvises a seat belt for himself in the helicopter by tying the two female ends together when he finds he doesn't have a male part.
edit on 9-8-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: edward777

Jurassic Park's hidden messages - Kerry Cassidy says her informants say its about the return of the raptors who can come in human shape.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: edward777

Jurassic Park's hidden messages - Kerry Cassidy says her informants say its about the return of the raptors who can come in human shape.

Hey we have those now.....USA government

new topics

top topics

join