It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes sentenced to life in prison

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: cfnyaami

WOW!! You seriously believe this?????

After the trial, after all the eyewitnesses, all the reports, all the findings, all the evidence...after all that, you actually believe what you posted???? Really???

WHOA!!

edit...don't you think if there was even the remotest shred of proof, even the remotest glimmer of truth, in any of this that the defense would have brought it up??? Not the prosecution, but the DEFENSE??? Instead, they never once disputed Holmes himself carried out the murders, the shootings, the bomb making...never once!
edit on 8/8/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
a reply to: darkbake

It's so expensive to execute people cause they are doing it wrong.

How much would it cost to just take them out back of the prison, make them dig a hole, kneel down and shoot them in the head?

In cases such as this where there really is NO question of guilt or possibility that someone else committed the crime, why do we go through all the BS?
When there is ZERO doubt about ones guilt in such a case nothing more than a small hearing and a quick cheap execution is required.

I agree 100%. I know that I for one, am really looking forward to paying this psycho's bills while he breathes air he has no business breathing.
He negatively impacted countless lives, murdered 12 people, one that was a 6 year old child. Another woman was pregnant, maimed for life, and lost her baby. He should be put to death.
How much does a single bullet cost these days?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I fervently believe that if you kill someone in anything other than an accident or self defense, you yourself should die. Society should not have to be burdened with your upkeep.

I also believe there needs to be an ultimate penalty.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Although you're making the point that it's better to be safe than sorry, you're really just showing how imperfect the system is. Sure, we can point at released killers who went out and killed again. In the UK we've had a handful of rapists/molesters who do it all again when they get out. Some people are too bad to live in society.

However, for all your released killers, there have been possibly more innocent people executed. Certainly, there have been many life-sentences overturned because of innocence. I've seen many US members celebrate how vicious and hard it is in the American prison system. This makes me wonder what type of person the innocent become after they've spent their time on death row.

Do you agree that the system is imperfect?

Without a doubt the prison system is more than imperfect--it's broken. Incarceration with the premise of rehabilitation is an outdated concept, our system is no more than a holding station where those serving become better criminals. Point is, there are many who can be educated and trained job skills while serving a sentence, many who refuse these services, and the last group of inmates who cannot be rehabilitated or recidivism is a high probability. It is the last group that should never again have the opportunity to walk the streets, seeking prey.

Until the system is overhauled, shucked the for-profit status, and steps are taken to keep violators out of the system, nothing will change. "Some people are too bad to live in society"--those criminals are the minority that will rape, rob and murder if free. I don't know about you, but I have no problem with high-security lifetime incarceration or capital punishment if they repeat heinous crimes against others.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: notmyrealname

I think this POS should die an instant death, at the cost of no more than.45 cents.
I am also sure that one of the family members of the deceased would have no problem pulling the trigger; if not call me.

And therein lies one of the reasons why the death penalty needs to be abolished. Too many people have desires to vicariously live out their murderous fantasies by advocating for the public death of others, all the better if they are the ones doing the executing.

Absolutely disgusting. What a backwards and barbaric way to think.

I actually do believe the system which is in place for criminal justice is flawed and needs some serious help. I also feel that corporal punishment is one simple and very base methods of an attempt at protecting society.

As far as your personal attacks on me, I am not trying to live vicariously through anyone. I do not relish the idea of taking another life however understand that there are times when it happens. I was expressing my opinion that Holmes made his decision on whether his life matters when he planned and killed those people. There is no excuse. The deed is done and it does not matter what labels you place on me, I feel fine with my statement.

I have been a knuckle dragger in a previous line of work and have moved on from there. That part of my life is neatly tucked away in a box (figuratively speaking). If or when it is necessary to open that box, I may resemble what you have judged me as however, you would not see that in me if we were to meet now.

You judge me from a one-sided point of view and for this I feel a little sad about your lack of ability to 'zoom out' and see the big picture of this world we live in.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

How much would it cost to just take them out back of the prison, make them dig a hole, kneel down and shoot them in the head?

ISIS does that too, and gets smeared globally for it.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Put him in with the general population and make sure everyone remembers that he murdered a 6 year old girl.

I give him 2 very painful weeks before he's terminated with extreme prejudice.

Some people just don't deserve to keep breathing.
edit on 8/8/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

ISIS does that too, and gets smeared globally for it.

Yeah, because they're murdering everybody they feel like murdering.

They aren't holding a trial and convicting psychopaths with a jury.

I don't think anyone would be too upset if James Holmes got a bullet to the back of the head and was left for the buzzards.
edit on 8/8/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Sorry but all those questions you babbled off are irrelevant.
My apologies for not clarifying that I don't necessarily mean this case in particular.

I'm talking about when a murderer is caught red handed, why do we waste millions of dollars with trials and such?

Barbaric or not the killing or keeping of one imprisoned murderer is not going to make society any better or worse.
I assure you, mans inhumanity to man knows no bounds, the removal of one killer has little to no affect on the advancement of man.

As far as I'm concerned murderers have zero to offer society, why should we pay for them to continue existing.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Either way, he's gonna die in prison.

Wisconsin doesn't have the death penalty. So Jeffrey Dahmer wound up getting life in prison. Well guess what happened? Someone in the prison did the right thing and killed his sorry ass. I figure that's a form of justice right there. That way there wasn't all the bull# with endless appeals and all that.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I agree with everything you say there with the exception of capital punishment. Even then, there's no escaping the fact that some individuals are incapable of abiding in society even when it's prison society.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

So, you're going to stick your fingers in your ears and chant "Nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh..." so you can't hear anything and hope it goes away???

It would appear you just have a personal objection to capital punishment without regard to the rationalization of the reasoning behind it. That's fine I guess, you're entitled to your own opinion. However, don't try to couch this opinion into some abolition of capital punishment argument. It's your opinion, so just state it that way!

Further, let's distill this apparent thought process down to its lowest common denominator, shall we. By your logic, capital punishment is wrong and regardless of the crime committed everyone should be allowed to live. I respectfully (and heartily) disagree, but let's go with this for a moment. Extrapolating this thought for a moment we get, you must also believe in survival of the fittest at its most primal level. Kill or be killed, right? Sounds extreme, right? Well, maybe not so much...

You see, if you advocate not removing (read: executing) completely counter productive monsters from the food chain, people who will never provide one iota of value to the human race, then you must also advocate that all humans should be allowed the freedom to live (without regard to the burden on the rest of society). Why incarcerate anyone at all? Why not just grant them the freedom to live amongst us, irrespective of their deeds? Seriously, what other purpose can they serve?

Or, is your argument just the not in my back yard argument?

edit on 8/9/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The alternative to the death penalty is life in prison. The alternative is not letting the person go free. When someone is in prison, they are removed from society.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

The alternative to the death penalty is life in prison. The alternative is not letting the person go free. When someone is in prison, they are removed from society.

They are not 'removed' from society, they join a smaller society where they can and will influence others. The society that they join is paid for by the rest of our society. Some believe that that payment should not be the burden of those in our society not responsible.

Save millions with a 45 ACP.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good let him rot.

Death is the exit, why let him leave this wonderful place?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It's just hilarious when I see new photos of this guy
in orange. Supposedly to signify he's in jail. But does anyone
question the absolute gawd awful fact. That inmates nation
wide are lawfully barred from changing their appearence.

No acceptions to fashionably correct color matching to
orange apparel. Seriously!

And he wouldn't even be in orange." High power" is RED
mass murder trials constitute " High power" classification.
the only other possibility is to PC up. That would be Kaki
FEI.
edit on Rpm80915v15201500000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

To what end?

Further, this guy Holmes thinks he is just smart enough to outsmart everyone else. He is evil all the way to the core fiber of his very being. This guy is a monster! Do you honestly think he's going to be sitting around just doing his time like a good little inmate???? No, believe me, from day one he's going to be cooking up some scheme to get out, play the system, corrupt the minds of others or worse. This is less than zero value to society...it's negative value.

Holmes should take a long fall with a short rope (around his neck).

And here's the worst part, when they get him in prison they will have to segregate him from the rest of the prison population (at exponentially higher cost to society) because if he were to show up in general population he'd be dead within an hour! This should send a pretty clear message to all the anti-death penalty advocates...even the prisoners already inside prison think he should be DEAD, and would gladly do what the jury could not during the sentencing phase.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Opinions expressed in accordance to an already proven
corrupt information source. Why is" before it's news"
rejected and not the MSM?

We know Sorcha faul is FoS and we know the MSM
can't be trusted. What's the big gawd damn difference
that any one feels comfortable, expressing shall we say,
belief in a source of information far less credible than
say, scripture for example ?
edit on Rpm80915v41201500000055 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So mental illness = evil...
Yes he should pay for it every day of his life.
Get the guy mentally well to make sure he knows what he has done.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No, mental illness does not = 'evil'; people who walk into crowded movie theaters and start killing innocent people for no apparent reason = "evil" (mentally ill or not). People who make bombs to explode on law enforcement when they investigate why they killed innocent people = "evil". People who keep journals about murdering people, and then carry out those heinous acts, = "evil". And people who feign mental illness as a desperate excuse to get away with murdering innocent people = "evil".

There's a difference! A BIG difference.

edit...oh, but I do agree with one thing; he should indeed pay for it every day of the rest of his life...all (3) days of it!

edit on 8/9/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join