It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dentist hates my guts!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So I have been dreading going to the dentist all week. A month ago I went for a check up and found out that I had over 10 cavity's I developed in just the last year, mostly from depression at the beginning of the year and not brushing as a result of that depression.

I have to go to this really crappy practice because I am poor and they allow you to pay on a sliding scale.

The last check up was done by a new dentist and I instantly felt like he didn't like me at all.

Yesterday I go to get my first filling done. Same dentist as the check-up, same repugnant vibe and condescending demeanor from the dentist.

He is super rude and impersonal to me. He gives me a shot of local an the gum and not a second passes before he picks up the drill and tries to proceed. I yell, WHOA DUDE, aren't you going to wait until I get numb? He replies, oh I will give you a shot in the tongue. I am still not totally numb and he gives me the impression I am wasting his time and proceeds to drill, which hurt a lot but I was afraid to challenge him.

I have not left my house for a week prior to this visit and have came in contact with zero people. I am a germaphobe and wash my hands constantly and don't touch door handles, also there was no one else in the waiting room. Now I am magically sick with the flu today!

I am having thoughts that he purposefully didn't sterilize, or worse used dirty equipment out of malice due to his disdain towards me.

What should I do?

Complain? File some sort of complaint to the ADA?

I can't really make any wild allegations but this azzhat seems like he would do something like that.

I can't do anything, and I asked if I could get a different dentist and they said I couldn't.

Rant over.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I am having thoughts that he purposefully didn't sterilize, or worse used dirty equipment out of malice due to his disdain towards me.

Doubt it man, you are not worth a malpractice suit no matter how much they don't like you IMO.

People get sick, guess it was just your turn.
edit on thThu, 06 Aug 2015 15:43:53 -0500America/Chicago820155380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It could have been worse, Arianna Grande could have been the Dental Hygienist.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Had to google her name, ah the doughnut licker.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I forgot to mention the dentist is Japanese. Not pulling the race card but I felt like Collin Firth in the Railway Man.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's the dental hygienists I have problems with. Can'tstand'em.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Dentists have one of the highest suicide rates because they know most folks dislike going to them.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Dentists have one of the highest suicide rates because they know most folks dislike going to them.

Who is in first? I.R.S. employees?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Don't worry. You're safe from your dentist, as long as you're not a lion.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I am usually happy to see them if they are fixing my teeth, I mean I dread going but once I am there I am happy to have first world luxury's.

I hate having cavity's more than I hate the dentist

I have heard that statistic, as I am sure every person even interested in dentistry has too.
But some how people are still becoming dentists.
Maybe there is a correlation between people who are depressed/suicidal tendency to begin with, wanting to become dentist's.

I guess he could be like that with everyone else, but I have no way of figuring that out.
edit on 6-8-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I almost shot mine once. He thought he'd be clever, started drilling into an abcessed molar when the freezing didn't take. So he broke into the nerve canal, it kinda exploded and oozed out. He stuck a needle right into the nerve and I put a 44 to his head and yes, there was one in the chamber. To get back at me he gave me an experimental general anaesthetic and my heart stopped, but I was paddled out. Just hemorrhaged for 10 days through my sinuses when it was all over. Never used that dentist again lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If he hates your guts, just tell him to put them on the side of the plate and have the vegetables.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You know. Some things are worth finding a way to pay for. Dental work is one of them. If the dentist is that bad, then I'd really work hard to find that room in your budget for a good one who does the work right.

When I was a kid, the pediatric dentist my parents initially used was fine until I had to have my first real work done. I had a baby tooth that wasn't falling out even though the adult tooth was coming up behind. So it had to be pulled. They put me in the chair and numbed me and left me wait .... and wait ... and wait .... and wait ... and by the time they finally got around to pulling it, the medicine was wearing off, but they had a nurse hold me down and yanked it anyhow.

Needless to say, it was the last time my parents took me there even though we were poor. They found someone else who did the work and did it in a timely manner.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Do what we did get a different Dentist, we changed dentist when ours went to a Wal-Mart got into a heated argument with guys painting parking lot line, wave his pistol around jumped in his car and fled police and was caught behind his practice, and booked for DUI, Firearm possession ect. Told my wife to find new dentist, because we don't want a gun totting drunk dentist working on us.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Don't worry. You're safe from your dentist, as long as you're not a lion.

Lol, I am a Lion! and my dentist is a former Lion himself.

One thing that gets me when the OP talks about his injection, I think the proper procedure is to press the needle firmly against the gum at an angle and piercing only a small part of the surface, that way the outer part of the gum numbs very quickly, then the needle pushed in further, and you don't feel a thing. Years ago they used to give and injection straight in then packed you off back into the waiting room to talk shiite for a while, they don't do that now.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Maybe he gave you a flu shot instead of anesthetiser. But that's just my conspiracy hat talking. I really scared of the dentist, not the pain but then cost, hence not going to the dentist for ten years once and surprisingly only needing three fillings. Or maybe you just happened to get sick....... Have you heard of swilling coconut oil or brushing your teeth with coconut oil is a bit easier than swilling the oil. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

See that's what I mean, this guy seems like he has the propensity for this kind of behavior!

Yes I guess I am going to bite the bullet and find a different place to go.

I am just feeling very vindictive about the whole situation and want to go one more time to give him a piece of my crazy mind or I am going to feel unresolved.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What you need is a guy like the one that used to do my work.

Dude would give me laughing gas and use the cold stuff on my gums before injecting the site. He knew I was a tender mouth.

Then he left for maybe five or tens minutes before coming in a getting straight to work. I had some pretty big issues as a kid, including one tooth that rotted from the inside out necessitating a pulpotomy (which is like a root canal's little brother) and a filling that got infected needing it to be redone (not due to anything he did or didn't do; I cracked it). I also had my secondary teeth that tended to crack instead of just falling out so I had shards of tooth that would just hang out stuck to my gum and need pulling.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, when I lived in Montana, I would go to this practice aptly named Gentle Dental, they would treat me very good, I wish there was one here

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter

So I have been dreading going to the dentist all week. A month ago I went for a check up and found out that I had over 10 cavity's I developed in just the last year, mostly from depression at the beginning of the year and not brushing as a result of that depression.

I have to go to this really crappy practice because I am poor and they allow you to pay on a sliding scale.

The last check up was done by a new dentist and I instantly felt like he didn't like me at all.

Yesterday I go to get my first filling done. Same dentist as the check-up, same repugnant vibe and condescending demeanor from the dentist.

He is super rude and impersonal to me. He gives me a shot of local an the gum and not a second passes before he picks up the drill and tries to proceed. I yell, WHOA DUDE, aren't you going to wait until I get numb? He replies, oh I will give you a shot in the tongue. I am still not totally numb and he gives me the impression I am wasting his time and proceeds to drill, which hurt a lot but I was afraid to challenge him.

I have not left my house for a week prior to this visit and have came in contact with zero people. I am a germaphobe and wash my hands constantly and don't touch door handles, also there was no one else in the waiting room. Now I am magically sick with the flu today!

What should I do?

Complain? File some sort of complaint to the ADA?

I can't really make any wild allegations but this azzhat seems like he would do something like that.

I can't do anything, and I asked if I could get a different dentist and they said I couldn't.

Rant over.

Head to South america for some dentistry, be cheaper surely?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join