It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We ignore the most obvious sign that life is abundant in the universe.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Looking at it from another angle, we're so obsessed with our definitions of life that we fail to see the most abundant life form. All life forms as we know it are just walking chemical reactions, why have we never considered our planets to be life? We've always said we could see alien life and not know what it actually is.

Man - Considered to be most intelligent of it's co-efficient on it's planet. Fairly complex biological system. Self sustaining.
Plant - Complex anatomy, self sustaining.

What makes a planet not considered "Life"?
A planet is more complex than us ourselves the mere fact that we can berely manipulate it shows that it's much further complex than we know. Our definition of life in itself could be considered a "virus" as we are rather parasitic. A planet moves, sustains itself and has it's own complex biology, even defends itself from the sun.

We see so many of them and the way they are created or thought to be created is essentially the same way we are thought to be created. A bunch of random things crashing into each other and chemicals mixing and matching all over the place and then years of slow evolution. We compare life to what we are and that's that.

If you take a good look at our universe, it's could be considered the 'limit' of technology.
edit on 6-8-2015 by SuspiciousTom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

I've also considered the idea of stars being superintelligent, living entities. Astrophysicists may understand the mechanics of things like stars and planets, but who are they to say these things aren't conscious or alive?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great thread, there is actual theories on " Our Living Universe " Living Universe Theory

We cannot walk around and claim just because something doesn't need what we do to live that they aren't alive. It's never that simple.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
well put and said. It reminds me of the comment from a guy on "Nasa's Unexplained Files" who says, " we don't know whats' out there. There could be anything." Indeed. We have just begun to scratch the surface of what may be out there in the cosmos. There is life as we know it, I think, and then there is life as we do not know it too. Planets or as someone else suggested, stars may be alive in some form or another. I see the possibilities as limitless. Who knows???!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
has someone been watching rodenberrys Andromeda i think that show touches in this theme
inso much as stellar objects are alive and express themselves through humanlike avatars
see Trance Gemini andromeda.wikia.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A reply to: ShayneJUK

HI Shayne and all.

Hoooo boy !! NICE souvenirs with "Trance Gemini" !! B-)

If you want a version of the sun in relation with us on earth, check
the link of the second line of my signature: The Ra material.

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Many think the Earth is a living entity....

www.gaiatheory.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's a nice thought, but by definition a planet on its own is inorganic, so not strictly 'alive' or responsive to any stimuli. It's the organic compounds and organisms that make it alive.

Our particular planet has an iron core, and it's this magnetism that protects the organisms from the sun's emissions – the planet itself would not be affected at all by these. So far, aside from Earth and Jupiter, only one other planet has found to have an aurora, which suggests that it also has ferrous core:
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't see why not...should also note that we are one terrible terrible virus for Earth.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

I believe I just read that the new exo planet they found in the Goldilocks zone of its star has aura many, many times brighter than ours. I'm sure there are plenty more that have ferrous iron cores.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Avantgarde
a reply to: 321Go

I believe I just read that the new exo planet they found in the Goldilocks zone of its star has aura many, many times brighter than ours. I'm sure there are plenty more that have ferrous iron cores.

No, it's the one I linked to you're thinking of – K452b is too far away to see an aurora, or anything in fact.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yup. Stars and the Earth have been worshiped by diverse
cultures for millenia.

Kev

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.gaiatheory.org...
imgibe the earth is alive. Tha would explain those noises around the world that are unexplainable. Interesting.... I started wondering about this hollow earth thing too. I believe there is going to be a new expedition.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I don't see why not...should also note that we are one terrible terrible virus for Earth.

No we are not. Why do people like repeating this stupid line.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondBlessed

originally posted by: olaru12

www.gaiatheory.org...
imgibe the earth is alive. Tha would explain those noises around the world that are unexplainable. Interesting.... I started wondering about this hollow earth thing too. I believe there is going to be a new expedition.

No there isnt. Because only idiots belive in hollow earth and idiorts would never in a million years be able to put together a expedition like this.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom

Yeah, but... so what? Aside from trying to be clever, what does it get us?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Our definition of life in itself could be considered a "virus" as we are rather parasitic.

I never take anyone seriously who has such a low opinion of his fellow humans

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Take life off the p[lanet and it doesnt come close to the requirements for being alive

E - energy use
H - homeostasis (stable internal conditions)
G - growth
R - reproduction
C - cells
O - organization (orgainzed, for a certain point)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

Quite possibly your missing the point...

Take the living cells out of your body and are you still classed as a living entity. We even rely on billions of living bacteria that make up parts of our body. So perhaps it quite possibly is very much a living entity.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
Looking at it from another angle, we're so obsessed with our definitions of life that we fail to see the most abundant life form. All life forms as we know it are just walking chemical reactions, why have we never considered our planets to be life? We've always said we could see alien life and not know what it actually is.

Man - Considered to be most intelligent of it's co-efficient on it's planet. Fairly complex biological system. Self sustaining.
Plant - Complex anatomy, self sustaining.

A planet is more complex than us ourselves the mere fact that we can berely manipulate it shows that it's much further complex than we know. Our definition of life in itself could be considered a "virus" as we are rather parasitic. A planet moves, sustains itself and has it's own complex biology, even defends itself from the sun.

We see so many of them and the way they are created or thought to be created is essentially the same way we are thought to be created. A bunch of random things crashing into each other and chemicals mixing and matching all over the place and then years of slow evolution. We compare life to what we are and that's that.

If you take a good look at our universe, it's could be considered the 'limit' of technology.

Humans are the planets Brain cells. We are a collective consciousness that formed on the earth just like our brains form in our heads. By extension humans are also the brain for the solar system, the Sun it's heart.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join