It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Baphomet?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I'm just curious about the kind of answers I might receive to this question, so fire away.
If I am encouraged I will share some of my own

edit on 5-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
When the Knights Templar got too big for their breeches, they were accused of worshiping this contrived goatheaded deity. Mess with The Vatican, get the goat horns. The fact that King Phillip of France was a little envious of the Temple Knights' financial position didn't help.

It's a made up thing, has nothing to do with Freemasonry, if that's where you're going. That all started with the known hoaxer Leo Taxil. Some lies are harder to kill than others.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A pagan "god" stolen by organized religion to convert them to their religion?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm agree with the poster above's comment regarding the Knights Templar (God Bless them!).

Regarding the OP: Basphomet is much closer to you than the hairs on your head. Don't climb the signpost (with conspiracy theories)...follow it (esoteric nature/what it symbolizes).

That is all I have to say on the matter.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think it means...

Right and Left
Up and Down
Sun and Moon
Day and Night
Light and Dark
Male and Female

Duality/Choice

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
is it a New York baseball player infected with "bapho" bacteria?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The lotus or flame atop his head is supposed to reflect enlightenment or kundalini. Someone else mentioned duality also.

Ties to Kinghts Templar...

Tied to Aliester Crowley...

Etc. almost as though by present day he/it's been rather molested. Didn't some group want to build one in front of a courthouse down south?
edit on 5-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

A symbol, open to interpretation depending on your views

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Detroit To Unveil What Christians Call Satan. But Is It Satan? No!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Ask the Pope!

He seems to know him well.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Whatever you do, don't go searching for answers on YouTube because you will be bombarded by loons and their crazy thoughts.

Have you done an ATS search?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's a supposed deity worshipped by Satanists. Not exactly sure what you're asking about it specifically though.

The way I see it the gods' appearance represents the inherent duality of nature and the universe. One hand pointing up, the other down, the white celestial body, the black celestial body, the androgynous nature of the beast itself, etc.

I don't think the symbol is evil personally, just another god among thousands of others.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
When the Knights Templar got too big for their breeches, they were accused of worshiping this contrived goatheaded deity.

Yes, and the resemblance to the name "Mahomet" is probably not a coincidence.
From the mind of the interrogator to the mouth of the Templar, via the instruments of torture.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

U R spelling it wrong it is supposed to be chinese for Bath A Mat, sheesh

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

A thought , a precept. Nothing more or less.

The knowledge of which leads down a path if followed correctly. With results which can be deciphered easily enough given enough data.

I will say this one time and this once.

Channeling is best left to channeling your own spirit. It leads to the narrow path, don't like the path change now to change your spirit.

It maybe what it is is what it is, or it can be how this is changed without manipulation or collateral damage.

There are many spirits but one truth.

Following truth leads to finding the rest one way or another.

On the other hand as someone whom appreciates art, it was a nice picture which started a meme about the artists thoughts, based on a previous work.

Weird idea for a thread though, rather random.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Careful there youtube has been around longer and who is to say this ATS site wasn't founded by those same youtubers you are calling loons?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
Hello ATS, I'm just curious about the kind of answers I might receive to this question, so fire away.
If I am encouraged I will share some of my own

I see the similarities here.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

What are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

A gorgeous concoction of religious idiocy probably designed to scare the meek. All this figure shows is a conundrum of opposites which as we associate Baphomet as a devil, its odd he has angelic wings, unless he is symbolic of what some thought happened to fallen angels when they crashed the earth and met its women. There were a lot of pagan Gods such as Hern, Pan etc all with horns from beliefs from all around the world.

I think this is Elephas Levi's drawing within which you have angelic wings, devils horns, women's breasts, a huge penis with the kundalini snakes, hooven booties, a white moon and (possibly a French Black moon) or dark moon, a pentagram on the forehead of a goat with a three pointed mitre/type elongated hat with what looks like a flame or symbolic lotus. East meets Western symbology all mixed ludicrously into one delightful pagan figure. The arms appear to indicate the above and below principle.

The only thing they forgot was to put the legs into a yogic pose such as Cernunnos, which has caused a lot of confusion as this bit comes from Indian beliefs. Its skewed though because there is no sun as the real opposite of the moon and there is only one face. Great symbol though.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
I'm agree with the poster above's comment regarding the Knights Templar (God Bless them!).

Regarding the OP: Basphomet is much closer to you than the hairs on your head. Don't climb the signpost (with conspiracy theories)...follow it (esoteric nature/what it symbolizes).

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Cryptic answer
I like it

Much closer to me than the hairs on my head... Dint climb the signpost, follow the esoteric nature of it?
Hahahahahahaha

Where is it pointing? What is it pointing? (Is it pointing to a sign post???)
My understanding is that it's a state of being, rather than an intrinsic part of our nature or some kind of deity...
But I still don't fully get what it means of what it is. I mean is it a metaphor, a signpost, or a deity? It can't be all three.

Anyway
I wanted to talk about some possible connection to the mafia (or "the mob"). But wasnt sure how to put that into words. I'm still not, and furthmore wary of wasting time by attempting to... If you get it you get it, and if you don't you don't, and I think that's part of the occult esoteric cryptology of Baphomet. But one thing I should mention, you probably won't get this unless you're past a certain age.
edit on 5-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join