It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even a pigeons life is worth saving!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
After all the horrible incidents recently regarding the murder of Cecil the Lion and his brother. I came across this lovely video from Mumbai, India. And would like to share it with you all))

It shows the rescue of a pigeon stuck on top of the tree. Take a look at human compassion here:

edit on 5/8/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

All life is valuable. That is all

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Even an ant is worth saving if one as the power to do so...

Faith in humanity restored. Star and flag.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

All life is valuable. That is all

originally posted by: Syllar
Even an ant is worth saving if one as the power to do so...

Faith in humanity restored. Star and flag.

Sadly people who think like this are a minority in this world. Most just dont care. They will walk over an ant and wont even think twice. Check out some hunter vids on youtube. The cheering while the animal writhes in pain on the ground is nauseating.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Not exactly recommended in the interest of human life but I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees with the sentiment of the thread

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Not exactly recommended in the interest of human life but I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees with the sentiment of the thread

Haha lovely vid! People do care!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Oh!, don't get me started!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I agree, everyone has a right to their life. A pigeon or an ant's life is as important to them as ours is to us.

Your post reminds me of a time when I worked about 4 storeys up in a tall building. Across a couple of roofs, a colleague noticed a pigeon trapped in the netting that was put there to deter birds from settling on the window sills.

So, we found a long pole and taped a small razor blade to it and, taking it in turns, leant over a very rickety railing and tried to cut the pigeon free. It wasn't easy because the blade was sharp on both sides and tended to cut the tape as well as the netting. However, we persevered and attracted a small audience from neighbouring offices.

After risking life and limb for some considerable time - Success. The netting was cut and the pigeon - bloody creature - plummeted to one of the lower roofs, never to be seen again. We shouted to our audience and asked if they could see where the pigeon had landed, but they just sort of gawped at us and we never discovered its fate.

To add to the heroism of my tale - I'm terrified of heights. In fact, not so long ago I climbed up onto a tall oil tank (in order to access an attic) and had to be lifted down because I froze and couldn't get down by myself

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

But a human fetus is just tissue.

The mental gymnastics are wearying

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

No, a human fetus is a human fetus. Period end of story not everyone shares these mental gymnastics
edit on 5-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

One word -------> contraceptive.

And please, why the need to hijack the topic?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
I agree, everyone has a right to their life. A pigeon or an ant's life is as important to them as ours is to us.

Your post reminds me of a time when I worked about 4 storeys up in a tall building. Across a couple of roofs, a colleague noticed a pigeon trapped in the netting that was put there to deter birds from settling on the window sills.

So, we found a long pole and taped a small razor blade to it and, taking it in turns, leant over a very rickety railing and tried to cut the pigeon free. It wasn't easy because the blade was sharp on both sides and tended to cut the tape as well as the netting. However, we persevered and attracted a small audience from neighbouring offices.

After risking life and limb for some considerable time - Success. The netting was cut and the pigeon - bloody creature - plummeted to one of the lower roofs, never to be seen again. We shouted to our audience and asked if they could see where the pigeon had landed, but they just sort of gawped at us and we never discovered its fate.

To add to the heroism of my tale - I'm terrified of heights. In fact, not so long ago I climbed up onto a tall oil tank (in order to access an attic) and had to be lifted down because I froze and couldn't get down by myself

Keep it up! This world needs people like you!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Maybe somebody should inform ISIS.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

But a human fetus is just tissue.

The mental gymnastics are wearying

I am a doctor. Most legal abortions are conducted while the neural connections are not complete, the heart is not beating. IT HAS NO LIFE. Its no different than a tumour. Many tumours which arises from failed products of conceptions even have teeth, hair etc. but its not alive.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Syllar

Oh please do get started. Post more vids. We humans are far too cruel. A few acts of compassion can show us that we can be better.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You asked for it!

Really, if you want to feel the warmth of the human race you just need to search for it.

The problem is... you will find the bad things first (welcome to today's media). But don't let that fool you, human beings can be good.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Syllar

I do regularly see thse type of videos on Youtube. This one I have not seen before. Thanks!

Lately the Cecil incident made me aware of illegal hunting and poaching. Checked out a few vids regarding those(DONOT SEE THOSE, IT WILL GET YOU DEPRESSED FOR WEEKS). So this new vid cheered me up and its addicting now))

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That was cool, but how the hell does a bird get stuck in a tree? LOL I'll watch the other animal vids later when I get home. Going out soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
While I`ll agree to help nature out if I can one must remember to let nature take its course as well. There was a case of a woman beating a falcon to death while it was feeding. The falcon was trained and was out with its handler at the time and a thread made the rounds on ATS a few months ago about it. The woman thought she was in the right by protecting the pigeon or duck from the falcon.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
That was cool, but how the hell does a bird get stuck in a tree? LOL I'll watch the other animal vids later when I get home. Going out soon.

Haha yea, but looks like the bird was sick or injured. And sadly in a poor country like India, I doubt it will get any medical attention.
edit on 6/8/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join