It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Mansion’s Tennis Court Hides a Batcave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is some random food for your mind. Personal opinion this is awesome

Under the residence’s 2,500 square-meter property, architects from Australian firm Molecule, have constructed a garage modeled after the one featured in “The Dark Knight.”

Just wait, it gets better.

“In a very well-mannered heritage house… we were asked to reintroduce some of the glamour,” said Haberfield.

What could be more glamorous than a home fit for a superhero?

The garage is buried about 20 feet underground. It sits next to an almost-as-impressive 12-seat underground private movie theater.

How do you get in, you might wonder? Cars access the garage when part of the tennis court is hydraulically lifted, of course.

“It takes a minute to lift the tennis court,” Haberfield tells Domain, “and a minute to close it down."

Once inside, the owner gains access to the residence via a staircase that feeds directly into the home, in true Batcave fashion.

Talk about some technical construction. Kind of. Really cool though!

More pictures/Link

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
AMG,Ferrari,Maserati a car collection worthy of Ironman not Batman.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I would say less Bruce Wayne and more like Tony Stark.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

hahaha, right? imagine that?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
More like my online character in Grand Theft Auto V...

edit on 5-8-2015 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

HAHAHA! NICE!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

reply to: slapjacks

Look how reflective that garage floor is. My own floors couldn't reflect like that.

My assistant is reading a book about this very subject. How the Uber Elite have underground mansions, rail transportation, tennis courts, etc. All so they don't need to walk among us.

Whenever I think of this attitude, I recall what my mother used to say "Even the Queen of England flushes". I'm not so sure that SHE does, but there is a visual that lowers her social status equal to the rest of us, if only for a fleeting moment.

Lots of life underground.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

They call them iceberg homes. The "mansion" above ground is just the "tip of the iceberg".

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yeah it's pretty cool. Have you ever seen the house in the country that looks like a house but the whole front of the house retracts open and is one giant garage? That one is pretty cool.

top topics

join