It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caitlyn... Check Yourself!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I didn't dispute that.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Masterjaden
I honestly don't give a # what anybody says. There are two genders, male and female, and it's SOLELY based on what parts you were born with.

Thank you for your educated assessment Dr. Masterjaden. I can't wait to read your peer-reviewed article about how your worldview of something as complex as gender is summed up by vaginas and dicks. I'm sure it's very scientific.

lol gender is not complex. There should not be 20+ "genders" , and that probably is the cause of all the confusion among people who believe there is 20+ genders.

I didn't quantify it as "20+". I said that scientists have long understood that it is not binary.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

In other words, “cisgendered” is a term for people whose doctors got the gender right at birth, and “transgendered” is a term for people whose doctors got the gender wrong at birth? This sums it up pretty well even according to some trans people.

I'm not up on all this language and its proper usage but as stated earlier, sex and gender are not the same thing and all a doctor can determine at birth is if your sex is male or female. Even this isn't always clear.

Have a penis, grow up as a boy into your typical hetero a masculine man? Congratulations! You're like most male people in the world. Understand though that not everyone fits this narrow little window that you seem to think everyone should. Things are not always as black and white as you make them out to be or obviously want them to be so you won't have to be uncomfortable perhaps due to your own insecurities?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: Hefficide

I'm a male lesbian feminist. Accept me now. /rant over.

Well I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

And I'm a surface to air laser guided rocket platform...BOOOOM goodbye Apache...

I hide behind tree lines, good luck.

Good thing we can change at will then these days because now I'm an F-18, your toast...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Lol I'm not upset at all. Just because someone voices an opinion that you don't like or agree with does not make them upset. It just means you don't agree with them. Thats your right,just as its mine to disagree with you.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

But the thing is,I am not imposing my views on the transgender community. I don't go where they do,and I am not saying they are not people.Of course they are.Their sex is the only thing up in the air. I know i know,its the going thing to make me a monster because I don't agree with what they are doing,and don't feel they are any sex after they are done. But what concerns me more,is the fact of their suicides. These are not happy people after they have gotten what they want. Is this just a matter of forbidden fruit for them? Then once they finally get it they find they didn't want it?Sad to work that hard for something and then not be happy with it or yourself.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19663940]berenike[/po
edit on 6-8-2015 by Dimithae because: Mods please delete as this was double posted.Thanks

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime
Really? Come on.
1.I never said that trans and gays were the same. I simply said that I wasn't bothered by any of that.
2.In order to be a man or woman,it takes a cocktail of hormones to trigger the changes in your body and without those same hormones,you can end up neuter gendered or revert back to your original gender. Their identity,is psychological,their physical body is controlled by hormones.

I am talking about this in a medical sense,and they must have those hormones in order to keep their new gender.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: berenike

But the thing is,I am not imposing my views on the transgender community. I don't go where they do,and I am not saying they are not people.Of course they are.Their sex is the only thing up in the air. I know i know,its the going thing to make me a monster because I don't agree with what they are doing,and don't feel they are any sex after they are done. But what concerns me more,is the fact of their suicides. These are not happy people after they have gotten what they want. Is this just a matter of forbidden fruit for them? Then once they finally get it they find they didn't want it?Sad to work that hard for something and then not be happy with it or yourself.

I'm still not understanding your conclusion. You posted a Swedish study that you think supports your theory of transitioned transgender people having a higher suicide rate. You can only conclude that because you aren't taking in consideration the suicide for non-treated transgender people which is about 41%.

The study only states that suicide is higher than the general populace but you are ignoring that it's still 1/10th of the suicide rate among non-ops or people who do not seek treatment and therapy.

Do you understand that the rates are being compared with cisgender people? It proves nothing other than transgender treatments are remarkably effective.

I don't know why people keep citing that study thinking it supports their argument against SRS.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

2.In order to be a man or woman,it takes a cocktail of hormones to trigger the changes in your body and without those same hormones,you can end up neuter gendered or revert back to your original gender. Their identity,is psychological,their physical body is controlled by hormones.

I am talking about this in a medical sense,and they must have those hormones in order to keep their new gender.

This is so mixed up I don't know how to respond because I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Hormones affect your physical self, not your identity, gender or psychology. Take the natal female that has had her ovaries removed and withheld HRT for health reasons or even menopause for example. These women don't suddenly want to become men or turn into one?

If you're talking someone that still has testosterone producing organs, sure, there will be some physical changes when stopping estrogen but what are we talking about here? I forget or it's unclear.

I'm blonde. Someone please help me!

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Hormone Therapy doesn't make your Gender, people who are not Trans take Testosterone or Estrogen.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DimithaeI don't go where they do,and I am not saying they are not people.Of course they are.Their sex is the only thing up in the air. I know i know,its the going thing to make me a monster because I don't agree with what they are doing,and don't feel they are any sex after they are done.

Wait, what? You don't go where they do? You mean like to places? OMG! You really don't know what you're talking about do you? Let's see, where do I go? Work, Home Depot, malls, grocery shopping, restaurants, to my hobby club functions, traffic court, movie theaters, the corner pub on occasion, to concerts, to vape shops, to sports bars for good sammiches, to the gas station to um, well, everywhere.

If you met me or knew me or especially if there was intimacy involved, you wouldn't have any questions that I was female. I sure as hell don't and my sex is "not up in the air" unless you're talking about the mile-high club.

But what concerns me more,is the fact of their suicides.

No you aren't. You're just making excuses to justify what you believe to be true.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
double post
edit on Thu Aug 6th 2015 by EKron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron

originally posted by: DimithaeI don't go where they do,and I am not saying they are not people.Of course they are.Their sex is the only thing up in the air. I know i know,its the going thing to make me a monster because I don't agree with what they are doing,and don't feel they are any sex after they are done.

Wait, what? You don't go where they do? You mean like to places? OMG! You really don't know what you're talking about do you? Let's see, where do I go? Work, Home Depot, malls, grocery shopping, restaurants, to my hobby club functions, traffic court, movie theaters, the corner pub on occasion, to concerts, to vape shops, to sports bars for good sammiches, to the gas station to um, well, everywhere.

If you met me or knew me or especially if there was intimacy involved, you wouldn't have any questions that I was female. I sure as hell don't and my sex is "not up in the air" unless you're talking about the mile-high club.

But what concerns me more,is the fact of their suicides.

No you aren't. You're just making excuses to justify what you believe to be true.

She's not even getting that right, either. Earlier in the thread, she posted that Swedish study and, because they indicated a 4.1% suicide rate, she thinks that's a bad thing. She has no idea that it's actually like a 90% reduction from those who don't.

Ironically, the study suggested better aftercare and therapy... which is funny because the reason we need therapy is not because we are trans; it's because of the ignorance that keeps us portrayed as cliches and peoples' refusals to look beyond a conservative blog for transgender information.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: EKron

You just said what I was saying. Their identity is psychological,their hormones control their bodies.Their hormones do not make them feel they are one sex or the other.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EKron

In fact I have already posted about their suicide rates. It does concern me. I think more counseling is needed before letting people do this. The doctors will make their money off this group,but that doesn't mean its for the best. I am always concerned when it comes to people. I see so many so unhappy in this day and age. Happy people don't commit suicide,so what ever those that take that route were looking for,they didn't find it.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

They must stay on the hormones to keep that sexes characteristics.
www.transgendercare.com...

Hormones are indispensable tools for the induction and maintenance of the characteristics of the sex the transsexual reckons him/herself to belong to.

Except for the sex chromosomes and gonads all bodily differences between men and women must be attributed to the actions of sex hormones. While the inherent tendency of the prenatal human organism is to develop along female lines, prenatal differentiation as a male depends on testicular hormones (Mullerian-inhibiting hormone and testosterone and its derivates)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

The study supports the fact that there needs to be a more careful evaluation of these people to be sure that this IS truly what they want and will make them happy. Messing with someone's body should never be done lightly and I'm not saying that it is being taken that way....just that there needs to be a better screening process so that those who might be a suicide risk can be given better therapy before even thinking of doing this.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

The study supports the fact that there needs to be a more careful evaluation of these people to be sure that this IS truly what they want and will make them happy. Messing with someone's body should never be done lightly and I'm not saying that it is being taken that way....just that there needs to be a better screening process so that those who might be a suicide risk can be given better therapy before even thinking of doing this.

There already is extensive screening in place. There are piles of protocol therapists and doctors have to comply with before diagnosing and considering if and how much of a transition should take place.

The transitions that are taking place now cut the suicide rate to about 1/10 of what it was before . The ones who still commit suicide largely do so because of the difficulty blending in to society without persecution. Transitioning helps that, not hinder. Delaying these steps have resulted in some of the most dire consequences in the past which is why it's considered the go-to now, as long as the WPATH guidelines are followed.

I can promise you that your view looking in is not nearly as valid as those looking out nor those of the doctors. Your other comments on this thread confirm this when it comes to the effects of HRT and SRS. You are wrong about these things. You can be right if you want to, though, so please take some of our posts seriously when we say we speak from experience.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Again, Hormone Therapy does Not make your Gender-Identity a Trans Woman would be a Woman with or without Hormone Therapy, and a trans Man would be a man with or without Hormone Therapy

If a Cisgender Man takes Estrogen he will not Transition into a Woman because he has always been a Man and taking extra Estrogen wont change that, so a Trans Woman or Trans Man taking hormones doesn't make their Gender-Identity

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join