It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African-American Statehood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: Bone75

They are U.S citizens, born in the U.S.A. They already have a country. It is called America.

You are presuming too much.

I was reading over at the Guardian today. There is an article about a billionaire who is proposing buying an under populated area and dealing with the refugee problem by creating a new state. It is an interesting idea for people who literally have no country. The Americans you speak of have the same rights as you under the same laws as you. They already have a country. It doesn't apply in that respect.

That applies to both Black and Caucasian Americans and everybody in between.

Perhaps you should let black folks speak for themselves? That's what I'm trying to do here.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You're own little piece of America. You're own country to run however you see fit.

So are you unhappy with Blacks for some reason?

Do you think we can't read between your lines?

What kind of credibility do you think you will have after this thread?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm black and no way in hell I'd want some all black state. Heck no. Despite all the BS about micro aggression, institutional racism, and all the nonsense you hear from pseudo intellectual pro-blacks, most know there is no better place to live than America.

The biggest problem is that even if something like that were offered, it would fail massively. Most of the people who support separation tend to follow liberal ideology and what would happen is economic collapse followed by tyranny.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I agree 100% just wanted to get your take on the matter, so essentially institutionalized racism is still well and thriving.

It most certainly is, we just call it different things now. Like affirmative action, and mandatory minimum sentencing..

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Setting aside that it's segregation and history suggests that we'd either throw the segregated area overboard or steal it back if it became anything good, let's go ahead and explore the rest of this idea.

1. Where should this state be? Are we gonna try to pawn off Oklahoma on yet another group of victims? Maybe give up a state that white people couldn't make anything out of like Mississippi? Or maybe something out of the way and under populated like Wyoming? Or maybe we should really pony up- black people have done a lot for the state of Virginia, and Virginia hasn't exactly returned the favor, plus I see a certain humour in several federal law enforcement agencies ending up with minority landlords.

2. Just how much "their own" will this state be? Are we moving out every last white person? Can I drive thru it on my way somewhere else? How would the enforcement work?

3. What are the actual advantages of this and how will they be accomplished? Do black people actually get land ownership in this state automatically? Do they get back the civil rights unconstitutionally removed from them by the criminal justice system in other states? Can white people or corporations throw money into their elections?

4. What would actually be the main result in your mind?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Free trip to africa , why dont you add free trip to Europe as well?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

How would you figure out who would go into this little separate piece of America? What about mixed race people?
What other ethnic groups might want their own piece of land?

Strange proposition. ...

Like it or not, many African Americans are still pissed off about slavery and feel they are owed reparations. Many of them are not happy here. They feel they are being targeted by the police and that they are victims of institutionalized racism.

I'm simply gauging public opinion on a possible solution that I haven't heard suggested before.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Like it or not, many African Americans are still pissed off about slavery and feel they are owed reparations. Many of them are not happy here. They feel they are being targeted by the police and that they are victims of institutionalized racism.

And where did you get this information?

Are you relying on media reports, polling data?

Personal experience?

Because there is an organized effort to re-ignite terrible race relations in this country and it's likely that what you're being told about the African American community is a lie.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Separating people who are being targeted eh. i think you should call the new country Camps.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Who gets to pick out the real estate?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

But why?

What would this accomplish other than further the racial divide in this country? I don't know why any American would give up citizenship to the union for any kind of reason if you still lived in the Continental USA.

The whole idea behind America was to de-segregate people and cultures in order to work together to create the Union.

That would be a step backwards IMO.

~tenth

The racial divide will only continue to get worse regardless of what happens. That said, I'm quite sure the African population isn't going to accept this idea. They'll not be happy until they get what they want. Problem is, as far as I know, nobody seems to know exactly what it is they want. And, maybe that in and of itself is what they want; they seem to refuse to set out a tangible list of demands necessary for an end to the Racial Cold War in the US. By doing so, they can continue endlessly to agitate, demonstrate and generally speaking instill fear and foreboding in the hearts of their enemies......

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Who gets to pick out the real estate?

I wonder how the White folks would feel being relocated from the Hamptons, or Southern California?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I'm simply gauging public opinion on a possible solution that I haven't heard suggested before.

And now you see you have blundered. Apologize and go back to bed.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Youtube mostly. That's kind of what its for... self expression. Do you disagree with what I said?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

And now you see you have blundered. Apologize and go back to bed.

Hahahaha lady you made me laugh well done sweetheart well done.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
a reply to: TechniXcality

Free trip to africa , why dont you add free trip to Europe as well?

I'm in a quandary. What if you're mixed? I would be spread out from Africa to East Asia to West Asia and Europe. I think many Americans, regardless of physical appearance, would have this problem. Is this mandatory or do we get to pick which boat back to whichever ancestral homeland or which State?

Maybe we should just stick with the plan and go with an integrated and novel culture all our own? You know, an American one...? That seems easiest really in the end...

link   
a reply to: TonyS

I've seen a racist get a beer glass smashed on his head and still be in a better mood than the guy he provoked. Trust me black people are not going to forego their own happiness to keep white people scared of them. I think it's pretty clear they don't have to do anything to keep white people scared if they're still scared after pretty much slapping them around with impunity for over 200 years

link   
a reply to: TonyS

I don't think it's up to the African American community to solve the racism problem.

They aren't the ones perpetuating it.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Youtube mostly. That's kind of what its for... self expression. Do you disagree with what I said?

Yes.

Because there is no actual data, outside of anecdotal which shows that the majority of African Americans don't like the USA.

All Americans mostly Love America, or at least what America used to be. The problem they have in general, is the institutions that are created and funded by their tax dollars that seem to do nothing but oppress them. That's true of any American, be it black or white, brown etc.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey I know black people and they aren't mad at me. My family was still in Prussia when all the slavery business was going on.

If anybody has the right to hold a grudge it's the Native Americans, anybody who is related to anybody who participated in the killing of Native Americans needs to pack their bags right now and go back to their country of origin.
The rest of us who came later on, well we were just immigrants and had no hand in the genocide of a race of people.

I can only guess the OP was making a joke, that fell flat, with his idea.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join