It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African-American Statehood

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: TonyS

I don't think it's up to the African American community to solve the racism problem.

They aren't the ones perpetuating it.

~Tenth

I disagree.

It's everybody's problem.

To absolve someone of the responsibility based on the color of their skin, is. . . well. . . it's rather racist.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Oh, absolutley true, they harbor no racist animosity whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I don't think it's up to the African American community to solve the racism problem.

They aren't the ones perpetuating it.

~Tenth

Brill.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Youtube mostly...

Thats like asking 12 yrs olds to perform a brain operation.

I always find peopel read online comments and scare themselves into thinking what a horrible place the world is or how extreme it is.
edit on 8/4/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If there is a problem directly affecting you, do you not think the best course of action is to take an active role in resolving it? Ie if bad roads in your town cause a flat tire on your car is it not up to you to help solve the problem of the flat tire, even though you are not responsible for the roads? Your line of thinking with that statement seems quite obtuse

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You're own little piece of America. You're own country to run however you see fit.

How about Hispanics...Do they get the same kind of deal?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Action will always have a reaction, something doesn't react in its neutral state.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I didn't say they didn't have a part to play, I said that it was not up to them to solve the problem on their own as they could not be perpetuating racism against themselves.

Maybe I should have been more specific.

Sure *some* of them do. But it's not universal, just like not all whites are universally racist. I'm talking about the institutions that were created by those who think they know what's best for everybody. It just so happens that those were predominantly white men in the past.

This has changed in the last few decades, but the systems put in place by those other guys years ago, are still there and are still causing the same problems.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

This has changed in the last few decades, but the systems put in place by those other guys years ago, are still there and are still causing the same problems.

This. For those that claim it is all over.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

And where did you get this information?

Youtube mostly. That's kind of what its for... self expression. Do you disagree with what I said?

If you want to know what is real in the world you live in, go outside. Shut down the internet and all the programming. Use your eyes, your ears, your soul. Communicate with the world the way you were intended.

I can tell you are young, and it is not really your fault that you were raised in a world were you have been conditioned to believe what someone else tells you. Were "pics" or it didn't happen and if it is on TV or YouTube it is gospel.

You would never assume all white people like or want the same thing. You would never expect to have a one size fits all solutions for white people. How can you possibly think that all black people think, desire or behave the same?

In a world with billions of people, were the average person doesn't even know the name of their neighbor, the world has become about self. The sad outcome of service to self in the destruction of community, and no man is an island.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You would never assume all white people like or want the same thing. You would never expect to have a one size fits all solutions for white people. How can you possibly think that all black people think, desire or behave the same?

I don't assume anything... hence the thread and my opening statement.

I'm curious as to whether or not this is even something African Americans would be interested in.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Apologize and go back to bed.

Apologize for what? My curiosity? Asking African Americans for their opinion?

Are you black?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Are You black?

Why does it matter what the poster is?

Keep it at.
edit on 8/4/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You're own little piece of America. You're own country to run however you see fit.

How about Hispanics...Do they get the same kind of deal?

Well of course they do! Then we arrange a state for gay people, and one for Christians, and one of Muslims, and one for Republicans. Then we aren't The United States anymore. We're just "The States".

(And what kind of 'state' we would be in remains to be determined. lol.)
edit on 8/4/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Are you black?

Why is that important? What does it matter? Does my skin color have it's own opinion, or do you want to converse with my brain?

thanks luciddream, you beat me to it. : :

(*oh, yeah, you really do need to go back to bed.)
edit on 8/4/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Why is that important? What does it matter? Does my skin color have it's own opinion, or do you want to converse with my brain?

Because I'm specifically addressing African Americans and I'd like to know if I'm being told to apologize and go back to bed by an African American or just a typical progressive liberal thought cop.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

just a typical progressive liberal thought cop.

Yup, this thread is done. This person is already pretty biased starting an "understanding" thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm either Black or a 'thought-cop'.

Sigh. So I can't escape a label from you then. I see.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You know, if we can't be frank and talk about race, race issues, and are always trying to be "sensitive" to the issue, then we'll get absolutely nowhere.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

just a typical progressive liberal thought cop.

Yup, this thread is done. This person is already pretty biased starting an "understanding" thread.

Agreed. It was nice reading your remarks though!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join