It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Ancient Aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So, in researching ancient biblical history (from the perspective of an atheist) one of the issues I've been curious about is the land of Nod. For those who don't know, after Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel, and Cain slew Abel, he was afraid of being kicked out of Eden because he thought people would kill him. But how could there be people outside of Eden yet? I found a website with an answer, though admittedly maybe not the best source. They said there were many gods and each was given a portion of the earth to manage and create people in. This sure sounds like ancient aliens to me. If you do enough looking you'll see that a huge amount of the bible makes a lot more sense when looked at through the viewpoint of aliens creating and managing humans.

www.conservapedia.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

If you do enough looking you'll see that a huge amount of the bible makes a lot more sense when looked at through the viewpoint of aliens creating and managing humans.

And if you look at it as a compilation of allegorical and moralistic stories, it even makes more sense.

Certainly not "proof" of anything in particular.

edit on 8/2/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What you both said. And it only makes sense, whereas anything else doesn't make sense.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Hidinout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
But how could there be people outside of Eden yet?

Because the Bible, particularly the Old Testament, is a collection of contradictory and largely non-nonsensical stories?

I mean we know other religions existed before Christianity came along, and even the Pope has admitted we should take the creation story as a parable and not a recitation of factual history.

So the other people referred to in the story probably just refers to all of the many many Pagan groups that existed in the world before Christianity came along.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ive seen atheist's ask that question before in the midst of mocking Christians , being an atheist myself i would be more inclined to believe that if we were created, that we were created by aliens rather than some almighty being, however saying that....maybe "god" is an alien....the part where god created eve from Adam's rib, sounds like some kind of DNA extraction kind of deal.

Or maybe i'm just talking crap lol

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

This sure sounds like ancient aliens to me. If you do enough looking you'll see that a huge amount of the bible makes a lot more sense when looked at through the viewpoint of aliens creating and managing humans.

Does it really make sense to believe Alice and Wonderland? The bible is a translation of a translation from a language about a story that was translated...none of it makes any sense much less offer up proof of anything other than a great imagination.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think that god was whoever was in charge of the aliens, probably in a spaceship "in the heavens", and the watchers were the ones who were here in earth managing us. Stories like Babel make more sense when you think that a growing human population might make aliens fearful that they wouldn't be able to control us, so they moved us around and gave us new languages. An allmighty god wouldn't need to be afraid of us, organized or not. Same with the watchers breeding with women. Why or how could etheral beings do that? Aliens could if they had already put their DNA in us. Also the whole making us in their image thing makes a lot more sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The only "proof" the bible is, is of someone's imagination
Its a book that way too many people take as fact.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So your basing your "proof" of 'ancient aliens' on the Biblical account of the garden of Eden?

What dictionary do you use? Because "proof" doesn't mean what you seem to think it does...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If you do enough looking you'll see that a huge amount of the bible makes a lot more sense when looked at through the viewpoint of aliens creating and managing humans.

And if you look at it as a compilation of allegorical and moralistic stories, it even makes more sense.

Actually the fact that the New Testament says that
you are supposed to pay your taxes and obey
Caesar (this from the mouth of 'Jesus')

sounds rather like the whole thing was written
by Josephus for the self-serving purposes of
the Roman Empire.

(I really don't think that the creator of infinite
universes would care whether or not I obey
the Roman Emperor enough to put it in a
'holy book').

Kev

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If you are interested in pursuing this line of history, I suggest Our Occulted History by Jim Marr's. I found it fascinating.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If you go looking for proof of ancient aliens you're gonna find it - on weird websites written by people in tinfoil hats, in their crazed interpretation of a weird bird they found on a heiroglyphic rock and unsourced pictures taken directly out of context, or even just totally made up. And everyone thinks they've found the "truth", that they're one in a thousand.

Gods come and go like bad fashion. Have you ever seen a god? People have always been just as corrupt and hungry for power as they are now, including those who got to dictate history. How better to build an empire than with the blessing of the one true god, which conveniently enough happened to their god, or our god. All the gods are stories men made up so that their children would sleep at night. Once upon a time, not too long ago, people were afraid of being carried off in the night by creatures like demons, witches, werewolves, vampires. Now we don't believe in them anymore, so we turn to aliens. When all the mysteries have been sucked from the world our minds wander in strange places. Given that we live in an age of science where skepticism reigns and proof is demanded, of course we start interpreting history to include aliens.

What I'm saying is that if you look hard enough, you'll find aliens just about everywhere and conspiracies in just about everything. Lots of people think that their respective government is in cahoots with extraterrestrial wise men. I suppose that's more comforting than the truth. It's good to believe we've got help here in this world, be it from a god or aliens flying about in saucers and keeping a watchful eye over us all. Or perhaps the gods are demons, and the aliens malicious - it's good to have something to blame and be able to say "it's not our fault". Either way, it all comes down to an excuse for killing each other. The day people start taking responsibility for themselves, for the good and the bad, is the day this world will change for the better.

And what is the Christian god, what is Yahweh, if not an alien? Some great omnipotent being with great powers far beyond that of humanity's, descending from the sky; doesn't sound like he was born any place I've ever heard of. Now we've got this common mental image of a grey-skinned alien with big black eyes. Once, perhaps, they would've been our gods - after all, they fit the description. History becomes legend, legend becomes myth. People have never been the most reliable of narrators. Many things change in the telling, and become far greater in the story than they ever were in reality. If you want people to venerate someone, why not add a little flair to the tale? And this, I think, is from where we get all these fantastical tales. These stories prove nothing but the flawed nature of our race.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You are missing the point. Unless you suffer tunnel vision whenever you read the Bible, it is clearly far more than just a collection of allegories and moralistic tales. Genesis in particular contains very mysterious passages, like that referring to the nephalim ("And in those days there were giants....") and verse I:26, which has Elohim talking to himself apparently (!) and referring to Himself as "us" ("Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness,..."). Such anomalies cannot be trivialised by your superficial dismissals and need serious explanation. The ancient alien hypothesis is a genuine attempt to do so. It is one that makes far more sense than your vacuous attempt to dismiss, which don't even start to get to grips with the issues posed by such mysterious, biblical passages. That said, the ancient alien interpretation must remain speculative, and it certainly does not amount to proof of aliens.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
After reading the source material discussion, I have to admit I'm fairly interested in learning as much as can be gleaned from the antediluvian time period. This branch of Alien theory is intriguing, but to date I still have much to read before forming a solid idea of what could have happened during this time and how it might relate to the field.

Interesting food for thought though!

new topics

top topics

join