It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli University leaders warn of Iran's educational overtake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The title says it all . Talk about delusion and madness :

"We're afraid of the Iranian bomb, but if the State of Israel doesn't come to its senses, and continues cutting funds to higher education and research, while the Israeli 'brain drain' continues - Iran will win the race," he asserts.

"This is an arms race for all intents and purposes, except the weapons here are not missiles, but the human brain. Iran must not have the strategic advantage over Israel in research. There are quite a few measures that show that the qualitative gap is getting smaller every year. After all, Iran’s bomb is not built by the farmers working in the field. This is a red line, and it must not be allowed to happen. That is why we joined forces, all the heads of academia, because otherwise the damage to the State of Israel will be unavoidable."

He says he has been aware of the existing problems for a long time. "On the eve of 2009 elections," he says, "when I was the president of the Israeli Friends of Tel Aviv University, I organized a big conference on higher education, attended by Benjamin Netanyahu and Tzipi Livni. Among other things, I talked about the connection between education and defense, and presented a comparison between higher education in Iran and in Israel. It turns out that in 1996, the national investment on higher education was 0.9 percent of the GNP, and in Iran it was 0.1 percent. In 2006, the investment in Iran and in Israel was the same, and by 2009, Iran had surpassed Israel. The most recent data I have, from 2012, shows that in Israel, that investment went down to 0.7 percent, while in Iran it increased to 1.4 percent.

"Israel got to where it did thanks to its human assets, its research and development. Iran understood that well, and is doing the same thing. Compared to research in the world, Israel is on the decline, while Iran is in a constant state of advancement."

www.ynetnews.com...

Just one question : Is Iranian higher education a new threat to world (lol) order ? is there any guarantee that we'll not be asked to curb our higher education in future ?

since you know , we've negotiated our inevitable rights before ....

just saying ....

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Well they have their own nation, try make peace with some neighbors, thats a start.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Trixster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So a country spending more than Israel on higher education for it's people is a threat now?

BOMB THEM, BOMB THEM ALL NOW! WE ARE THE MASTERS!
US / NATO to do the bombing of course - Israelis are too busy being dicks, and well, the chosen ones can't get their hands dirty, that's what all the "campaign donations" via AIPAC and other such organizations are for

That place sure is increasingly full of psychopaths and idiots.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trixster

Well they have their own nation, try make peace with some neighbors, thats a start.

Iran is not a neighbor of Israel . Iran's neighbors are all allies of Iran . Iraq , Pakistan , Afghanistan , Armenia , Turkey ,.....

Israel's neighbors on the other hand , are not in good terms with that regime at all . forget good terms , all of them are invaded by Israeli regime .

The era of forceful bullying is over . you cannot be a thug and continue to exist - not for long at least .
edit on 2-8-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Higher education in Iran than Israel eh?

Israeli mouthpiece advocating bombing Universities and schools, in case Iranians get intelligent enough for kids to start building nukes in their bedrooms in 3....2....1....

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This sounds insane; fear mongering at its finest.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It all starts at Captain Paranoia AKA Netanyahu.

He cries wolf while poaching his neighbors sheep.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Education systems are notoriously difficult to compare. That said, one comparison which allows you to draw conclusions is literacy.

Literacy in Iran is 87%, which is OK for a developing country. As you would expect from an Islamic country, women’s literacy is poor at 82% and male literacy is better.

In Israel, literacy is 98%

In most other advanced developed countries, literacy is pretty much universal.

If a better education system produces such levels of illiteracy – especially amongst women – I’d say the OP is lost in space and panicking for no reason.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Interesting fact is that more women than men go to university in Iran.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It becomes obvious what the nature of a government is when it becomes afraid of citizens being educated.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I don't get it.
Education counters religion... and religious fundamentalism... if anything, Israel should rejoice Iran is getting more educated.

*Not Netanyahu of course... he'll just lose a bogeyman. The citizenry of Israel should though.

edit on 2-8-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Education systems are notoriously difficult to compare. That said, one comparison which allows you to draw conclusions is literacy.

Literacy in Iran is 87%, which is OK for a developing country. As you would expect from an Islamic country, women’s literacy is poor at 82% and male literacy is better.

In Israel, literacy is 98%

In most other advanced developed countries, literacy is pretty much universal.

If a better education system produces such levels of illiteracy – especially amongst women – I’d say the OP is lost in space and panicking for no reason.
No my friend .

Education rate for youth Female adults is 97.8 % and Male adults at 98.3 % :

www.indexmundi.com...

The overall education rate is 85% , thats true and i've gotta admit it's low - not compared to ME countries who stand at 65% but compared to 1st world nation .

but this includes the old adults and aged population as well whose education has been neglected before . i assume thats not gonna change very soon due to the fact that life-expectancy in Iran has raised to almost 80 years which is leaps and bounds ahead of all 3rd world countries and among the Top figures in world .

So my dear , the OP - being me , is not panicking for no reason . actually he is not panicking at all .

literacy rate among Iranian women is 98% which is only 1 percent lower than USA . thank you .

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You are correct. Iran is let down by adult illiteracy. Literacy of 15 year olds is high.

This is an interesting resource for matters pertaining to our world...

> UNESCO data

Here's a good review of gender and education courtesy of UNESCO.

> World Atlas of Gender Equality in Education PDF

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Israeli University leaders warn of Iran's educational overtake. Don't you know Israel always portrays itself as the victim? far out!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along?
edit on 30-12-2015 by BenBLevins because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join