It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topless 'Bare with us' protest rally in Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hundreds of woman took part in Saturday's "Bare with us" march in support of three sisters who were stopped by police for cycling without shirts.

It is legal for women to be topless in Ontario after a court ruling in 1996.
Protestors held signs that included the slogans "They are boobs not bombs, chill out" and "Nudity isn't sexual."
The three sisters, Tameera, Nadia and Alysha Mohamed, say that they took their shirts off because it was a hot summer day.
However, they allege that a police officer approached them and told them to cover up. But when they challenged this, the officer said he was stopping them for bike safety reasons.
One of the sisters is an award nominated Canadian singer under her stage name Alysha Brilla.
"I had no idea how polarizing the issue would be. I thought people wouldn't be so disturbed by the female breast," she told CBC news.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I for one support the right of my sisters to walk where they please topless.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Do you think we would be able to do a balls out march?.
Anyone in?.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The only problem with this is, it's not sexual to women.

Some men do see women's breasts as sexual. We have been wired to see it that way. Call it modernisation, call it programming. In today's world a woman's chest is, to the average man, a sexual organ. It's made to be that way - if it wasn't advertisers would lose billions in revenue because a little cleavage wouldn't inspire the same response as a fully naked chest would.

It's all well and good for those women to parade around topless saying it isn't sexual, but that's their opinion. Why would you want to walk around with your breasts out in a society that see's them almost exclusively as something to look at?

Also I'm willing to wager an entire months salary that some members clicked this in the hope to see some breasts on ATS.....Which further proves my point.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

You know every few years there is an increase in traffic accidents at specific places due to sexy advertising placed at intersections and other dangerous road ways? Has happened in the UK, Russia, and the States.

Am just curious if we're going to need 'breast free traffic zones' until male drivers adjust. Or perhaps just a general rule like 'tops on at traffic lights'.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
lol of course nudity is sexual...

except in these situations... its very far from it

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Anyone in?.

Suns out, Balls out!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I enthusiastically support the girls 1000%! Where can I find more... Errrr, coverage, if you'll excuse the pun. I have a new founded interest in protest rallies. Call it an epiphany.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

"Nudity isn't sexual."

Did they drop their knickers . No , why not .

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Genius. For the cause, ladies. For the cause.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Ugh no thanks lol

Nudity is not always sexual, at least to me it's not, so i'd support them!

I find women sexier in clothes than nude, what do we do about that one?

edit on vamSunday50am831 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Quite a titillating article

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Now that's one march I could get behind

Lol

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Anyone in?.

As a hetero male, I will definitely pass on participating in any balls out marches.

The original idea that these ladies have is, in my opinion, infinitely better than yours.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

As a hetero male, I will definitely pass on participating in any balls out marches.

Agree absolutely , there are some sights too horrific for my fragile little mind and that is No1

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I can hear the chant now...
"There's no shame! Let them hang!"

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Women don't see bodies as sexual. And the opinions of a minority group should not be making the laws, savvy?

At birth, 52% are male. Nature compensates for the injuries and death of males. By age 20, 52% are female, ie 4% of the male children died off. By age 30, 40, 50, you do the math.

Women are the majority citizen and while wearing clothing is a modest and society normative thing to do, having laws and rules that dictate dress codes is illegal, unlawful, unnatural and abusive.

In societies, where nudity is natural, before whites arrived on the scenes, there were no rape statistics at all.

By the way, opinions are really important, they make and endorse laws.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Since when did the fact that a group is a minority mean that they don't get to make policy? That's pretty much the EXACT OPPOSITE of what's been happening for the last couple of decades in Western culture...
And for that matter, how can you say women don't see bodies as sexual? Do you mean their own bodies? Or specifically their own breasts? That is a ridiculous generalization. And while you may have been playing around with the phrasing, it's fairly clear where you were going with that. If you want to blame all societal ills on the white male, just come out and say it. Have the courage of your convictions.
edit on 2-8-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I will flatly say that you don't know what you are talking about in your first sentence.
First, women use their breast as advertisements, and that is merely a modern phenomena
Second, while the breasts have a major function--or did at one time--for nursing their young, those things are most definitely sexual organs even if under appreciated by the owner and males that lack experience in proper love making.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Protests are always minority. This isn't about the percentage that turned up, this is about the sexes and misogyny. An overall picture. You're talking trees, I'm talking forests and who sets the laws.

Most women don't want to walk around nude by the way, but the intelligent ones don't appreciate minority asshats setting laws and anything that is misogyny and know they're free.

Most men who can walk around bare chested wear clothes most of the time too.

By the way, as a majority citizen, when I'm driving a vehicle, more likely to have an accident checking out a barechested male than a woman. And I've heard that argument given by the so called law makers as to why they think they can make unequal laws.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I'm not arguing the point of whether or not women should be allowed to go topless. I honestly have no issue with the human body, clothed or nude. I'm saying that you made some inaccurate statements and sweeping generalizations in your post that don't stand up to reality.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join