It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else getting tired of accidently clicking the DENY IGNORANCE twitter link?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
(post by sheilala removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Elvis_Is_Dead

Having accessed this site from an iPad for most of the last two years, I have to say that I have no clue how the HELL people are accidentally clicking the twitter links... seriously. I mean, physical disability aside, there is no excuse for that sort of ineffectual flailing!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Having accessed this site from an iPad for most of the last two years, I have to say that I have no clue how the HELL people are accidentally clicking the twitter links... seriously. I mean, physical disability aside, there is no excuse for that sort of ineffectual flailing!

Try viewing it on a desktop. If we click ANYWHERE outside of the forum page box we are taken to their twitter page. And "outside of the forum page box" is 50% of what is on screen, split in two, 25% on the left 25% to the right of the white area. It's quite easy to accidentally click somewhere on 50% of a page. Here's a screenshot.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sheilala

Do what I do, narrow your browser window so the sidebars don't show.

Fellow twitter loather here.

edit on 8/2/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Obviously we can make due, but that doesn't cure the main issue of user interface unfriendliness.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yeah, well.
Nothing's perfect. Even *gasp* ATS.

edit on 8/2/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Raises hand

I'm a recovering Clickaholic.

I click the hell out of the link then spend the next thirty minutes shutting all the tabs if my browser doesn't crash first that is.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i just pull a face
close the tab and continue

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh yes it's irritating, been using a laptop for awhile with the stupid mousepad..its a good day if I can drag it through twitterland to get to the side/scrolly thingamado without accidentaly clicking..I guess an external mouse would help.

link   

originally posted by: sheilala

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Try viewing it on a desktop. If we click ANYWHERE outside of the forum page box we are taken to their twitter page. And "outside of the forum page box" is 50% of what is on screen, split in two, 25% on the left 25% to the right of the white area. It's quite easy to accidentally click somewhere on 50% of a page. Here's a screenshot.

It looks like your zoom level is at 75%. That would explain why your screenshot looks particularly bad.

link   

Oh, I know that the desktop site has those side banners and all, but the poster to whom I was responding mentioned issues when using an iPad.

I have never had any such problem using any hand held device, leave alone an iPad.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

i find touchpads virtually un-useable now, even though for my first year of laptop ownership that was all i had. once i tried a mouse the touchpad was and remains history.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Just don't click it and problem solved.

or click it then make a thread about how you keep clicking it .
my cursor wonr fit exactly on the nose of the off topic face, this is also an issue

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Ah forgotten about (no really I have) we can all get passionate sometimes but I bet we would all have a great time in the pub together.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I hooked up an optical mouse last night and it's way better..I always used a trackball with my pc but it has the old style non usb connect so I may go buy a newer one. I have gotten used to just moving the ball rather than the whole mouse..the concept of the mousepad is supposed to be simular but you are so right on it being a serious pita.
So in keeping with the topic at hand..problem solved for me

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
I am pretty sure that you can buy an adapter to make it plug into a USB, I had an old mouse that used one a few years back.

I hate those damn laptop touchpads, I don't think I could even function with one of those these days. I have a fancy gaming mouse with 8 buttons and a scroll wheel lol.
edit on Mon, 03 Aug 2015 16:51:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join