It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

theory on the origins of Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Édouard-Marie Gallez, who is a Christian theologian and teacher at the university of Strasbourg in France, has a theory on the origins of Islam. I am going to synthesize a lot and then if you're interested to know more you can go read his website where there are some articles in English.

According to his research, there were 3 groups : The Jews, who regarded Jesus as a scam, then the group who accepted Jesus as the messiah, and then a 3rd group which he calls "judeo-nazareans" that didn't accept Jesus because they wanted a real down to Earth messiah, a real incarnation that would create the realm of God here and now on Earth. What this 3rd group did was to look for allies, and their closest neighbour were the tribes of Arabia, so they slowly made allies of them, and finally converted them to their views. That is why for example Jesus is mentioned many more times than Muhammad in the Quran.

That's about all. He gives historical references to prove his point. There are some audio interviews in which he speaks about his research ( www.youtube.com... ), but unfortunately it's in French like almost all his work.

Here is the English version of his website rootsofislamtruehistory.com...

Tell me what you think.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Greetings- Would You be offended if I waited until the follower of Islam gets to write the history of Chris†ianity? To be fair and all..

To stay in touch with the quid pro quo rules of an interchange: Do You think because Jesus is mentioned 5x more than Mohammed wouldn't the "extremists" in both religions welcome Jesus' return?

namaste

Edit: I forgot 'welcome'.. Wouldn't both welcome Jesus' return? Wouldn't this then bring both together?

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: forgot 'welcome'

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Islam started with Muhammad , Prior to that their were religions that delved in idol worship, polytheism etc.

As a Muslim my self I have been in many debates about this with other theologists . They always try and make a point that Islam is a perversion of Judaism and Christianity. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a "perversion "

But i can see how they would come to that conclusion because of the fundamental beliefs .

here is a ROUGH outline of the belief structure .

A single, indivisible God. (God, the creator, is just, omnipotent and merciful. "Allah" is often used to refer to God; it is the Arabic word for God.)

The angels.
The divine scriptures, which include the Torah, the Psalms, the rest of the Bible, (as they were originally revealed) and the Qur'an (which is composed of God's words, dictated by the Archangel Gabriel to Muhammad).
The Messengers of God, including Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus and Muhammad -- the last prophet; (peace be upon them). Muhammad's message is considered the final, universal message for all of humanity.
The Day of Judgment when people will be judged on the basis of their deeds while on earth, and will either attain reward of Heaven or punishment in Hell. They do not believe that Jesus or any other individual can atone for another person's sin.
Other beliefs include:
God did not have a son.
Jesus (pbuh) is a prophet, born of the Virgin Mary. They regard the Christian concept of the deity of Jesus (pbuh) to be blasphemous; it is seen as a form of polytheism.
Jesus (pbuh) was not executed on the cross. He escaped crucifixion and was taken up into Paradise.
The existence of Satan drives people to sin.
Muslims who sincerely repent and submit to God return to a state of sinlessness.
All people are considered children of Adam. Islam officially rejects racism.
All children are born on Al-Fitra (a pure, natural state of submission to Islam). His parents sometimes make him Christian, Jewish, etc.
When a child reaches puberty an account of their deeds is opened in Paradise. When the person dies, their eventual destination (Paradise or Hell) depends on the balance of their good deeds (helping others, testifying to the truth of God, leading a virtuous life) and their bad deeds.
Alcohol, illegal drugs, eating of pork, etc. are to be avoided.
Gambling is to be avoided.

Again Its a rough outline of the basic belief system. From this point of view we can see the similarity between Christianity and Judaism.

So essentially the Islam was founded because of the corruption within Christianity and Judaism , by that i mean scripture etc .

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Thought I would drop a few words before reading his English site . Earnest L Martin's book The People That History Forgot is a good read that kind of set's some of the Religious groups that sprung up around the time Christianity was growing .We see Jews who called themselves Jew's but were not as well as False Brothers or Gnostic's . www.askelm.com... there is text as well as audio files . Islam relied heavily on Judea / Christian writings and many of their end times stuff is pseudo/Christian writings that first appeared in Syria .

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The other theory is that the Roman Catholic church was responsible. Mohamed's Mother feared the child was devil possessed and left him at a RC Monestary in Egypt. The Monks took him in and raised him as a Monotheist and had hoped he would go back and lead his people to the RC and help raise up and army to take Jerusalem from the remnant Jews in circa 600AD so the RC could have their capital in Jerusalem and not Rome. Instead he created a new monotheistic religion and took Jerusalem for the capital of his new religion.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Islam started with Muhammad...

The true origins of all false religions are always shrouded in lies.

Islam is no exception.

The bottom line: Satan is behind ALL false religion.

Archaeological discoveries in the southern Arabian peninsula has already proven Allah was one of the titles of the moon god Sin. Allah has appeared several times in inscriptions found at ancient pagan worship sites of the moon god. That’s the true hidden history of who the false prophet Mohammed really worshiped.

The myth of “three Abrahamic faiths”

"The Vatican wanted to create a messiah for the Arabs, someone they could raise up as a great leader, a man with charisma whom they could train, and eventually unite all the non-Catholic Arabs behind him, creating a mighty army that would ultimately capture Jerusalem for the pope. In the Vatican briefing, Cardinal Bea told us this story:

'While Muhammad was being prepared, he was told that his enemies were the Jews and that the only true Christians were Roman Catholic. He was taught that others calling themselves Christians were actually wicked impostors and should be destroyed. Many Muslims believe this.

'Muhammad began receiving "divine revelations" and his wife's Catholic cousin Waraquah helped interpret them. From this came the Koran.'

Some of Muhammad's writings were placed in the Koran, others were never published. They are now in the hands of high ranking holy men (Ayatollahs) in the Islamic faith.'

"When Cardinal Bea shared with us in the Vatican, he said, these writings are guarded because they contain information that links the Vatican to the creation of Islam. Both sides have so much information on each other, that if exposed, it could create such a scandal that it would be a disaster for both religions.

How the Vatican created Islam

The Prophet
The Prophet comic book
The Prophet scribd

Rome is the “Mother of Harlots” and Islam is one of her daughter harlots!

Ex-Jesuit Priest Alberto Rivera was the first to break the story internationally aided by Chick Publications’ release of The Prophet written in an easy-to-understand, comic book style.

Then recently on my broadcast, Biblical Truth in History and Prophecy, Count Vittorio Vivaldi III of Venice further confirmed that Rome wrote the Koran in Rome via her Augustinians, also the North African tutors of Muhammed. Practically speaking, it makes perfect sense to the casual observer: whenever Islam raises its bloody sword of genocide, the Roman Catholic Papacy ALWAYS benefits.

But more importantly, it is by means of the Koran, this Arabic book comprising a consolidated mass of “doctrines of devils,” that the beloved Arab peoples (possessing racial blessings from Holy Writ) have been locked down from hearing Biblical preaching and thus prevented from being able to give serious consideration to the Byzantine Greek New Testament-based, Reformation Bible-based, true First Century gospel of the grace of God in Christ Jesus.

Rome created a war-like religion for the constantly warring Arabs, as she had already created the war-like religion of Roman Popery for the White commoners of Europe—perpetually fighting among themselves commencing no later than the fall of the Western Roman Empire in 476 AD.

The Babylonian Talmud & the Koran: Born out of Satan’s Roman Papal PLOT

Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion
All false religions are illuminati created

edit on 1-8-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
The true origins of all false religions are always shrouded in lies.

How do you know your religion is not false?

Men wrote the bible and it has been manipulated many times for political reasons.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

ALL false sects of Judaism and Christianity as well as religions formed after 550AD are based on the same premise, that the Bible is corrupted. Not one believed God could keep his word as found in Psalm 12:6,7 to preserve his words to all generations.

However God is strong enough and has preserved it in one of the over 350 English versions today. Only those who seek the truth will find that one Bible which stands above all others in comparison.

edit on 1-8-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Men wrote the bible and it has been manipulated many times for political reasons.
You have a point which reminds me of one of the adjustments to a certain verse that could be described as a manipulation or a PR stunt . Deu 32:8 When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
Deu 32:9 For the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance. KJV

Deu 32:8 When the Most High gave nations as their inheritance, when he separated the human race, he set boundaries for the people according to the number of the children of God.
Deu 32:9 For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is his allotted portion. ISV

Note the differences . Now using the Dead sea scrolls and The Septuagint and using a little common sense we can determine which one is more accurate . It also tells us that yes there was some changes that were made in the The Masoretic Text .

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I respect your Opinion,however I disagree , It seems your sources are taking information from many differing sects of Islam who have formed their own Ideology's and history . All this information you have posted has been refuted many times over Including the origins of the name "ALLAH" .

As the saying goes "This is so elementary" .

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

ALL false sects of Judaism and Christianity as well as religions formed after 550AD are based on the same premise, that the Bible is corrupted. Not one believed God could keep his word as found in Psalm 12:6,7 to preserve his words to all generations.

However God is strong enough and has preserved it in one of the over 350 English versions today. Only those who seek the truth will find that one Bible which stands above all others in comparison.

Ill take my One original Quran over your 350 versions of of the bible

can you find me an original bible ?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I am going to go out on a limb and say ,you are probably referring to the KJV in which case I will refer you to my previous post and ask you , Which version is more accurate in Det. 32:8 -9 KJV or the ISV

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

there are no original Bibles or Qurans anywhere in the world

they are all copies

But God promised to preserve is word and he has.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

How do you know your religion is not false?

Interesting question...

I consider ALL religion to be false.

But my definition of religion is quite different from most...

Men actually created religion which is where the real manipulation takes place.

Religion is man made, the Word of God is not...

God had nothing to do with Religion.

Spirituality was never meant to be explained...

It was meant to be experienced.

Knowledge can never take the place of spiritual experience.

I see religion as nothing more than lies masquerading as knowledge.

Bill Johnson from Bethel Church in Redding, California has a very fitting thought on this:

“For centuries the Church has camped around a sermon...Israel camped around the Presence.” Bill Johnson

originally posted by: Dustytoad
You have to find the answer. Don't you think you would have figured it out by now if anyone could just tell you?
Words are analogous to experiences.. If you have not had similar experiences you cannot know what the symbols mean. Wisdom is only gained through experience, even as the knowledge is in the thread it will literally mean nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I was always under the impression it started with Ishmael, the first son of Abraham. Sarah got jealous as Abraham had the child with the house keeper and kicked them out, Ishmael then fathered Arab nations and subsequently Islam. Though I am not religious I was raised a Christian and found that in the old testament. All three worship the same God, just different views on Jesus.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

No need you already know which one I will say and you will refute it anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

What I hate is the institutional or organizational church and all that it implies.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Always amazed me how the angel Gabriel came to Mohammed and informed him that he was wrong 500 years before and here is the new scoop called the Quoran,I thought maybe he was smoking something.Actually the second Gabriels real name was Baal.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Well.. Satan was created by man as well!

I think that we could rank the Islamic doctrines of martyrdom and jihad pretty high on the list of humanity’s worst ideas. However, to have made a claim about the exclusive validity of Christianity, is at best, ludicrously provincial.

The so called evidence in support of Christian doctrine can be found in every other religion, saints performing miracles, resurrections from the dead, channeled books, psychic powers, devotional thrills, unconditional love, etc.

These claims are either equally compelling or equally bogus. But, of course, the Christians have no better reason to think they’re right than the Jews, Muslims, or Hindus do. But they do, and this is why religion is divisive and has become an instrument to separate those beliefs from the despised "others" who think differently.
They become a rationale to hate and even to kill.
This is how you justify "The bottom line: Satan is behind ALL false religion."

edit on fSaturday155585f554605 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

If all religion is false then surely Satan doesn't exist either, as the concept is an artificial construct from religion created by man?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join