It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup Poll - Bush Most Admired Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Gallup Poll has named George W. Bush as the Most Admired Man of 2004.

Hillary Clinton was named Most Admired Woman.

This from Fox News this morning.

What do you think about that?

[edit on 29-12-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Was thinking Bush woulda won the most hated man. Hmm who woulda thought?

With news like this, you'd think Condo woulda won in the womans column

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Was thinking Bush woulda won the most hated man.

I'm sure he's on one of those lists also. But first, Time Magazine, now Gallup. Must be all those red states.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I don't think President Bush is the best President the US has ever had but i believe he is convinced beyond a Shadow of a doubt that the things he is doing in Iraq and at home are the right things for the United States.
He has the most difficult job in the world, he is the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth and that can be no easy job and from what i have seen at least half of his country think he is doing the best for them.
Love him or loath him i think he is doing the best he can. He is Human after all and sometimes we make mistakes, President Bush is no different, he has made mistakes. Perhaps people should stop bashing the guy and get behind him.
I think President Lincoln said something, and I'm paraphrasing, like : " A house divided against its self must fall " a wise man President Lincoln.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just who are they asking? Has anyone one this Board been asked anything by the Gallup poll?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Isn't it just amazing!? Who do these people poll?
Do they have a list of those die hard "bush is god" types to call? What's wrong with this picture folks!?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I suggest you pay Gartner to look this up in their chrystal ball for you....

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Bush isn't the most admired man of the world, not by a long shot. President Bush has way too many political enemies to even suggest such a thing. I'll bet there's a great deal of movie stars more so admired than him. I think I'd like to know how much Bush and/or his associated have "donated" to that polling agency as well as Time Magazine. I smell propoganda and the odor is intense.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't really consider Bush or any president for that matter admiral, because they usually are up to their necks in bs, politics and scandals. Somehow I find scientists and doctors infinitely more admirable, they work towards finding cures, improving technology, and helping the sick. More and more I'm loosing faith that these people even conduct legitimate polls so much as they just make crap up.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yep, he is the most admired man by the insurgents in Iraq that supported his re-election because it woulds be easier to recruit for thier cause
Must have been who the polling people called

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Isn't it just amazing!? Who do these people poll?
Do they have a list of those die hard "bush is god" types to call? What's wrong with this picture folks!?
Whats wrong is they poll the Republican die-hards for this and by the same token, the Dems as far as Hillary. It doesnt mean a thing except it provides a little entertainment, thats all!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I admire the way he pronounces the word "America" as well as his many creative contributions to the English language.

Part cowboy, part used-car salesman, part Kennebunkport party boy and 100% "Amurican".

Knock him all you want, he's President and you aren't. Neener neener.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Gallup is influential and historically has a decent reputation, gives actually some bragging rights to Republicans.

One thing that I personally can admire about Bush is that he seems sincere about his believes (allthough I might not agree with him on many issues), thats a true rarity among politicians!

When Bush says God speaks to him, I believe him,
when Rumsfeld or Cheney would say that , I would think that they misstake God with the Dow-Jones.....

To a certain degree i can vision Americans in general standing by their wartime president, even cross parties, but on the other hand i have seen so many examples of the current administration where politics, legislation and opinion have become a product that you can buy and sell , one even begins to question if the old trustworthy institutions are eroded by nepotism?

Granted, Clinton was also a real opinionbuyer, but economy happened to be with him at that time so not too many complained, it was only after the grapes went sour with Enron that people started thinking that there is something wrong about corporations having tremendous influence on politics, but since the war on terror corporate america seems to have been given the driver seat again.

Personally my idea of an admirable president is more like Yuschenko, paving the way for real democracy on pure willpower past poisoning and electionfraude, but hey nobody polled me

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What can I said with all these polls and I have never being asked to participate on any of them, I guess I am not part of the rest of the nation.

Even satan will make it on the hit list given the proper Gallup poll.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, Bush got the same award in 2003 with 29% of the vote. I read that this year he got slightly less percentage.

But, with over half the voting American public giving him another four years, it's really not surprising that he won.

top topics

join