It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, There Are Paid Government Trolls On Social Media, Blogs, Forums And Websites. What about ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I honestly do not see the point. When was the last time anybody changes their opinion on something based on what others post on the internet? I mean honestly has anybody here done 180 on a subject based on what somebody posted on forums or social media? If anybody is paying for people to do that they are throwing away good money.

Right: "Oh, I see it your way now! I've now changed my mind on the issue!" said no one on ATS ever.

BTW, Laz is not a shill or troll. I just post here.

BT, BTW, I now think I know why Al Gore "gave" us the www. A gift? Or not...
edit on 31-7-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I do have a serious question for you. Even if everyone you spoke to was a paid shill, does it matter? Are you not discussing a topic and basing the replies on the information presented? Do you fact check anything?

If I bring credible links to prove my point, it doesn't matter that I get paid $187,500 a year plus bonus to post here.

Influencing public opinion can be misleading and at times dangerous.

I can not tell you what I do for a living (I don't want to misdirect the thread on what I do for a living) but I often do fact checking..... it is a part of my job.

I also know from extensive Psych OPs training the importance of manipulation. It is not about the truth but about getting the majority to agree with your objectives.

(post by EndOfDays77 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If I bring credible links to prove my point, it doesn't matter that I get paid $187,500 a year plus bonus to post here.

Well if that's so, put your hand in your pocket and cough up for the server time...bit cheeky taking tax payers money to talk nuts when most of us do it for free mate.

Pay up.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I honestly do not see the point. When was the last time anybody changes their opinion on something based on what others post on the internet? I mean honestly has anybody here done 180 on a subject based on what somebody posted on forums or social media? If anybody is paying for people to do that they are throwing away good money.

Don't know about a complete 180 change of view, but yeah, i've read posts where i've thought 'Of course...that makes a lot of sense' and 'i hadn't considered that angle to this topic before', and altered my research profiles or thought patterns as a result of what others say or point to.

edit on 31-7-2015 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I gave at the office. No, really.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: networkdude

hey don't want to be the new guy who tries to outdo everybody in the office just to get attention and brownie points with the boss, but I totally brought danishes, assorted bear claws and cinnamon rolls instead of donuts.

Noob. When I was new, I brought pie. Key Lime. I got a field promotion to Shill 2nd class first week out.

link   
a reply to: Bedlam

(sucks teeth ) I Know!!! Tell me about it! doctor says I have to give up gerbils and switch to low fat pinky mice instead! Says my cholesterol is getting too high. Im like HOW!?! I only eat twice a month! i wish theyd let us go back to eating humans again, these new rules by the council suck. (pouts and crosses arms)

link   
There are some members who seem to have limitless amounts of time to post here and elsewhere, and for the most part, stick to one topic in particular.

edit on 31-7-2015 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MysterX

Of course there is...why would a well used, popular website like ATS which regularly discusses sensitive topics and Government and corporate shady agendas, be left out of the monitoring and disinformation campaigns? It wouldn't be.

I think a lot of the regulars have a rough idea who these groups / packs of government employees are too (the 'tag' team groups)

Never going to mention names...i feel quite sorry for the poor slobs actually.

Me too. I feel sorry for some of them.......the blind leading the blind.

Actually I need to stop making waves...... I have been here much longer than most members. One of the MODS knows me under a different alias from a long long time ago.

Thank God for VPN.........

And BTW I have only ONE account!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: MysterX

I gave at the office. No, really.

Good for you.

Now, about that pie...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I think this thread plays right into the doctrine used against us that contains these deadly trolls.
We see responses by all manner of folk, some joking, some serious, some in denial, etc.
We've come a way with a pattern in mind of what a troll does. That is what they want. The instigators are far more accomplished masters of human psychology than to simply have trolls out there, some being too obvious--like the apparent Russian ones that you can spot and think that you've done a good job of figuring him/her out.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I just accept it as part and parcel of using controversial websites like ATS.

It's obvious, when you've been here and there for a long while - despite their efforts at rotating 'the attack pack', patterns become obvious.

Gotta take the rough with the smooth i suppose.

Makes it a little more edgy at least, just be careful not to be baited into losing your cool..well, too often anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

shill second class after two weeks! I've been here for two months and still haven't got promoted. awww!! your benefit package must look so much better than mine! hey do you think it will look bad if I bring Apple pie next week or will it get our director to notice me more.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Every so often we get one of these threads telling us to "beware the paid shills!" I find it funny that your OP sources infowars though.

Though really, who cares if someone is a paid shill or not? Just say what you have to say and back it up with evidence. What else can you do? Be that guy who has to declare everyone who disagrees with him a shill? It doesn't help your argument to do so and just makes you look silly for doing it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I think this thread plays right into the doctrine used against us that contains these deadly trolls.
We see responses by all manner of folk, some joking, some serious, some in denial, etc.
We've come a way with a pattern in mind of what a troll does. That is what they want. The instigators are far more accomplished masters of human psychology than to simply have trolls out there, some being too obvious--like the apparent Russian ones that you can spot and think that you've done a good job of figuring him/her out.

The rabbit hole is much deeper than you think and I can't not tell you more than that because if I do I will be removed from ATS. So I will play along with everyone else.

Classified material can not be released on this website.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This thread is now closed, as will most threads regarding this subject. Please refer to this thread, for anything regarding ATS being anything but what we claim it to be.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join