It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Received Millions of Dollars After Lobbying Clinton’s State Department

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
More about the Planned Parenthood exposures coming into the light.

Looks like they (PP and affiliates) got big dollars awarded because of Lobbying efforts that apparently proved successful.

This controversy just won't go away despite all the points and deflections from many directions.

Hillary looks like she's neck deep now.

Maybe that's why she said the other day that the "videos" were "disturbing".

Depends on what somebody *thinks* is "disturbing" I suppose.

Planned Parenthood Received Millions of Dollars After Lobbying Clinton’s State Department

Planned Parenthood lobbied the Department of State many times during Hillary Clinton’s tenure there and received tens of millions of dollars from foreign policy agencies over the past few years, according to a new report.

As secretary of state, Clinton attacked the Mexico City Policy, which bans federal funding of abortion overseas. Her husband revoked the policy during his administration and President Obama lifted the ban upon taking office in 2009. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), which is tied to the State Department, steered more than $100 million in funding to Planned Parenthood and its international affiliates between 2010 and 2012, according to the Government Accountability Office—about 20 percent of the nearly $500 million pro-abortion organizations received from taxpayers during that time frame.

And a "disturbing" article from 2009 ....
Hillary Clinton Gets Planned Parenthood Abortion Award, Pro-Life Advocates Rally

So how do they pick this one apart?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
An organization lobbied for government funds?!

That is TOTALLY unheard of!

What an outrage!

....Come on now.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't we? Lobbying the government for funds is somehow wrong now? LOL! Y'all are just trying to find ANY reason to hate this organization you guys know next to nothing about.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

a reply to: Krazysh0t

People should be looking for the "good", not the "bad".

Right?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't we? Lobbying the government for funds is somehow wrong now? LOL! Y'all are just trying to find ANY reason to hate this organization you guys know next to nothing about.

I don't know. You tell me. I thought lobbyists and lobbying activities were part of what made government bad and system so corrupt.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yeah, look for the good in this.

4th Video Catches Planned Parenthood VP Discussing How to Break the Law to Sell Aborted Babies

SOURCE

4th PP video

If someone wants do a thread.

I am going to throw up.
edit on 7 30 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It sure is. So let's make lobbying illegal.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Sure, but your thread is making it sound like the fact that PP sought money from the government is a bad thing. So don't pretend like you are just being a fair presenter of information or anything.

Be honest, you made this thread to try to pick on PP again, even though you didn't really have a valid reason to do so.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't know. You tell me. I thought lobbyists and lobbying activities were part of what made government bad and system so corrupt.

So now this is supposed to be a conversation on lobbying in general? If that is the case, why single out PP then?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Rebuttals mean everything don't they.

The blame game is stale.

It's *Always* my fault lately.

Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Jesus.

The exposures are compelling.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

YOU posted the thread. Who else's fault would it be?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

YOU posted the thread. Who else's fault would it be?

The Lobbyists and Hillary.

Or, the people that wrote the story and the government agents that wrote the reports.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So... wait.

Lobbying is Hillary's fault?

...what.

ETA: I don't even LIKE Hillary. ...and... what?
edit on 30-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If I went around blaming the media every time they posted some sensationalist bull# article, I'd have no time to do anything else. Instead, I'd rather blame the people who deem to repost those idiotic articles to try to mine for high fives and back patting from the people they know will agree with them.

As far as blaming Hillary and the lobbyists? Why? They are just doing their jobs. If you wanted to make a discussion on lobbying in general, then make one, but trying to pretend like PP was in the wrong because they did what ALL lobbyists do is just deceptive.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Once again we see that lobbyists are buying politicians left and right in the corporates agenda of owning the government of the US of A. The current two party system and lobbying are the greatest threat our nation has ever faced.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Can we follow the money and see how much of it ended up in the Clinton Foundation coffers?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970, when President Richard Nixon signed into law the Family Planning Services and Population Research Act, amending the Public Health Service Act. Title X of that law provides funding for family planning services, including contraception and family planning information.

en.wikipedia.org...

So that's 5 Republican presidents(if you include Ford) and 3 Dem. prez's that gave funds to PP. What's the problem?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And the millions they received before the Clinton Foundation ever existed??

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

So... wait.

Lobbying is Hillary's fault?

...what.

ETA: I don't even LIKE Hillary. ...and... what?

Yes.

It's the Lobbyists along with who they represent.

Now you're cooking with gas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join