It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Cincinnati Officer Ray Tensing Indicted For Murder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Good lord, that is like candy to a baby. They would all play that bit over, and over to maximize the "dramatic affect". I seriously doubt they would have done THAT intentionally. They probably fired the camera guy on the spot.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They are playing the body cam video now:

Fox 19

BUT they stopped it BEFORE he shot him in the head.

He clearly asked Dubose about the "bottle on the floor" so he never just handed Tensing the bottle. Goodness, this is sick.
edit on 29-7-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Not the best of neighborhoods, still there are worse side streets a little further south of there.

But yeah, Joe Deters is pretty stand up kind of guy. He is good for Cincinnati. Judge Tracie Hunter hated him, so that speaks well for him.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
For all those requesting it, there is a video of the body cam footage HERE.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here's one Youtube link to the video. I didn't watch it yet though...

Mods, if this violates any T&C's, feel free to remove it.
edit on 29-7-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing it looked about like the one of the cop shooting the guy in SC? That one was pretty obviously gone wrong too.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Holy sh!t... they showed the Full video.

That is effing murder!

Oh my god!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Here is the footage of the body/dash cam I was able to find.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Seeing the video, I have to say, that's pretty cut and dry.

Murder. I'm not even saying Manslaughter. That's straight Murder. What a freaking shame.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I can't watch it but I believe you. I started it but knowing the ending I just couldn't finish.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Okay. That is pretty bad.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
geez...another psychotic LEO......the police all across this country better start policing their own people fast.....because this murderer could get a lot of good cops killed.....this is like in Viet Nam during the 60's, when a newbie Lt. fresh out of war college would think he knew his s**t, and had a massive ego to go with it, put his unit in some type of John Wayne, green beret, movie scenario....that louie ended up having a "tragic accident" in no time. the guys in that unit wouldn't put up with that crap for long...most often a seasoned corporal or sergeant would have a little talk with the new "louie" and explain things.
edit on 29-7-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I don't know--I haven't looked into it myself, but I've heard a few people well-versed in the legal system say that waiting for a GJ investigation to complete is not enough legal grounds to withhold the video from the public. Apparently Ohio has some sort of public-records laws that prohibit that sort of thing, at least at the discretion of the prosecutor. We'll see if that has any legs, I'm sure, later on.

edit on 29-7-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, I think this calls for a sort of Danny Deever solution, if he's convicted, which I imagine will happen. Don't let the situation go to waste. Use it as behavior mod for the local LEOs.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

the video was released on Gawker...I just watched it myself...and now I can see why that prosecutor said what he said.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Over the last ten years or so, in Ohio, all the Campus cops, Hospital Security, and Park Patrol officers, have been given arrest powers, and guns. They are all sworn officers now. That does not however, mean they've had any training past the basic certification of a couple hundred hours or so. Many of them would not be hired by an actual Police Department, and are what street cops sometimes refer to as wannabes. But, the can legally pull people over on any street and detain them and or issue citations. Very dangerous stuff, IMO.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
geez...another psychotic LEO......the police all across this country better start policing their own people fast.....because this murderer could get a lot of good cops killed.....this is like in Viet Nam during the 60's, when a newbie Lt. fresh out of war college would think he knew his s**t, and had a massive ego to go with it, put his unit in some type of John Wayne, green beret, movie scenario....that louie ended up having a "tragic accident" in no time. the guys in that unit wouldn't put up with that crap for long...most often a seasoned corporal or sergeant would have a little talk with the new "louie" and explain things.

You did see the part where this cop has been indicted on murder charges, right? And the part where the DA thoroughly trashed him? And the part where a chief of police said the video wasn't good? All that stuff?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It not enough for Justice to be working here. Some people want to see every LEO on the stake.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Okay, I feel like I have to preface this post with this comment: I think Tensing was wrong for pulling out his weapon and firing on Dubose when he did--I don't think that it was necessary, and I absolutely fault him for that.

Now...

originally posted by: lovebeck
Tensing was an asshat from the jump.

Wrong. Tensing, up until the point that Dubose decided it was intelligent to start his car and try to drive away, was absolutely handling this stop with the utmost professionalism and due courtesy. If you can tell me where you find him being "an asshat from the jump," then maybe I can get on board, but right now, after viewing the video 6 times over, I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment of his conduct.

Dubose was calm, but it appears that he was scared and seem to know what was about to happen. I feel SO badly for his mother, his family and his children. And, just like I thought, that bottle of alcohol WAS NOT open. So much for the cop apologists who said Dubose was driving with an open container in some of the other threads...

Nope. Dubose was not calm--he was sketchy and appeared nervous, he failed to answer the officer's questions directly numerous times, and he attempted to flee when the officer told him to unbuckle his seatbelt. If you call that calm, you and I have different versions of calm. In fact, from what I viewed, regardless if the bottle of alcohol was still factory-sealed or not, he appeared to be under the influence of something--I'm very interested to see if there was a toxicology report done on him. Maybe it was just his nerves, but he wasn't acting like an average individual acts in this situation.

Also, if someone claimed that there was an open bottle of alcohol, that doesn't make them a "cop apologist," but it does make them guilty of jumping the gun on evidence. I mentioned at least once in previous threads that it was reported that he handed Tensing a bottle of alcohol, but I never said opened or closed because that information wasn't known to me at the time. But regardless, if someone read that by a relatively trusted news source, it doesn't make them an apologist. If they pulled it out of their backside, that just makes them ignorant and a liar...with possible apologist motivation to say it.

Senseless acts of murder are not permitted in this fine city. There was no blue wall and no support for a killer cop. Thank God Cincinnati PD got there when they did, before he could manipulate the situation in his favor...Idiot must've forgot about his body camera though.

Okay, I was viewing you as being a very objective voice in this debate, but I think that has gone completely out the window after reading the entirety of this post. This above quote is so full of speculation and biased assumptions that I don't even know where to begin...so I'll stop here.

I also FULLY support doing away with the UC police and making that District 6 for the Cincinnati PD. Deters is right, they really need better trained officers who know the people and how to work with them patrolling the UC campus. Cincinnati PD is one of the best and had that been a CPD officer Samuel Dubose probably wouldn't have been stopped in the first place, but he'd definitely still be alive.

I agree that I'd trust CPD over UC officers any day (only based on what I know for sure about CPD and how they conduct themselves), but again, your conjecture and assumptions really have soured your voice in this matter.

Tensing was absolutely wrong to pull that trigger on Dubose--that seems to me to be indisputable--but to imply or state, at this point in the game--that Tensing was a terrible person and cop who probably would have tried to cover up the shooting were it not for the CPD is absolutely the type of comments that will result in a full-on riot in Cincy.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

OK so, I watched the vid and I'm still confused as to why the LEO shot the guy. Was it because the dude wouldn't let the LEO open the car door? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join