It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Nope.......I have family member who I know very well that are good people but still trophy hunt for the fun of it

Then how can your statement that Trophy hunters are bad people deep down be a "personal truth" if even then its not true?

edit: i see you went back and changed how you wrote that......after two pages of defending it......bad form man, bad form

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

I agree on these guys - awful, awful stuff.
But I disagree regarding hunting, if you're not eating it, wearing it or using it for some real purpose, then it's just killing.
To just mount a huge giraffe head or elephant or rhino head on your wall just because you 'can' is all kinds of messed up IMHO.

To have an urge or desire to go and kill for fun and sport is not right.
This kinda guy, this dentist, who goes all over the world killing huge animals as some kinda trophy or status - he's actually sick, he has mental issues as does anyone else doing this stuff.
edit on 28-7-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Because of people like him tho we are able to conserve the animals we have. I'm not paying to protect the animals.. I can barely protect my family.. But if someone has the urge for whatever reason to go and expierence a hunt and he pays big dollars to help protect the species to cull a past breeding age male there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Very very smart professionals that dedicate their entire lives to single species of animal decide on what the best course is, and very many time it's that some need to be hunted, even in near extinct species.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This guy deserves ALL the crap he's getting because of this,
and then some.

Poacher scumbag.

brentsinclair.blogspot.co.uk...

Such a BIG man...

edit on 28-7-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: mOjOm

yes, this particular case was unfortunate and could have been illegal, im still waiting to find out more facts.......

My repsonses are in response to the people condemning all hunters........

Thanks for playing

The facts are in. It was illegal. The lion was baited and poached. It had a tracking collar. It's body left to rot.

Sorry to inform you that just because you don't like what I have to say you can't just dismiss me. It doesn't work that way.

I'm not playing either and this isn't just a game. Nice attitude though.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

yes, this particular case was unfortunate and could have been illegal, im still waiting to find out more facts.......

My repsonses are in response to the people condemning all hunters........

Thanks for playing

The facts are in. It was illegal. The lion was baited and poached. It had a tracking collar. It's body left to rot.

Sorry to inform you that just because you don't like what I have to say you can't just dismiss me. It doesn't work that way.

I'm not playing either and this isn't just a game. Nice attitude though.

You made the accusation that I didnt read the OP, and then went on a tirade against me under THAT pretense.......

I write back that my responses were in response to people saying that all Trophy Hunting is bad, and that this case could very well be illegal....

And IM the one with an attitude , and dismissing you?

How does that work exactly

link   
What about all the unknown animals being killed all the time to supply McDonalds and Burger King? What about the mass murder off millions of cattle for burgers and shoes? Millions of sheep for kebabs?

link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

Because of people like him tho we are able to conserve the animals we have. I'm not paying to protect the animals.. I can barely protect my family.. But if someone has the urge for whatever reason to go and expierence a hunt and he pays big dollars to help protect the species to cull a past breeding age male there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Very very smart professionals that dedicate their entire lives to single species of animal decide on what the best course is, and very many time it's that some need to be hunted, even in near extinct species.

Oh that's horse#*#* man - this lion was on a reserve, he was tagged.
There are people looking after them, this guy did not do anything good.
No conservationist or animal lover or animal welfare professional would EVER say that an animal needed hunting, that some rich asshole should come flying from overseas to kill an animal.
It's just BS - the kind of delusional crap that people spout to make it OK for what they do.

It's nonsense and to be honest we're just going round and around.
You think it's ok to kill stuff for fun, especially when you pay big bucks to do it - awesome.
I don't and I think that hunting unless for food or necessity it morally reprehensible and in cases like this ****, completely sick.

So I'll leave it there. Good day to you.

link   
youtu.be...

Could someone embed that for me?

That's a podcast with Corey knowlton and Joe rogan. Corey paid $350,000 to harvest an endangered black rhino.

Now I don't know Corey and frankly, I doubt I would like the guy afterw watching a few interviews with him, but that doesn't make him a bad person. Especially over this whole rhino fiasco.

Spend a few hours watching that podcast with Joe and then get back with me.

More info on this topic can be found at other Joe rogan pod casts with the likes of Remmy warren, Steve rhinella, Cameron Hanes, and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head, just look up JRE hunter and you will get many suggestions.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Those animals would all get whiped out tho that's what your missing, they would strip mine whole areas or turn it into oil wells or farm land or whatever. If there isn't a value on those animals heads the local Africans will find something else that's valuable in the area and I garauntee you the animals won't like that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LionOfGOD
This guy deserves ALL the crap he's getting because of this,
and then some.

Poacher scumbag.

brentsinclair.blogspot.co.uk...

Such a BIG man...

Yup - the guy is pure filth.
There was a friend of his who had killed a giraffe and had a big s*** eating grin on their face.
These people are deranged, utterly deranged.
And those that jump to their aid so readily should take a long hard look in the mirror.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

youtu.be...

Could someone embed that for me?

That's a podcast with Corey knowlton and Joe rogan. Corey paid $350,000 to harvest an endangered black rhino.

Now I don't know Corey and frankly, I doubt I would like the guy afterw watching a few interviews with him, but that doesn't make him a bad person. Especially over this whole rhino fiasco.

Spend a few hours watching that podcast with Joe and then get back with me.

More info on this topic can be found at other Joe rogan pod casts with the likes of Remmy warren, Steve rhinella, Cameron Hanes, and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head, just look up JRE hunter and you will get many suggestions.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IanFleming

The operative word is "prosecuted". What I'm seeing here, and elsewhere, is bordering on "persecution".

In the court of public opinion he's been tried and found guilty. ...and I'm as guilty of it as any. I don't like what he may have done, in any shape, fashion, or form...but, he may have, indeed, been mislead. It would behoove us to remember that.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Because you keep talking about how these hunts help the animals. How tribal people eat the meat to keep from starving.

Well, none of that happened here did it.

You say you're waiting for more info to come in. What more do you need???

Let's say he didn't know at first. Well, when he tracked it down and shot it dead and noticed the collar did they report it??? Did they do anything to try and fix this "accident" at all??? Nope. They tried to destroy the collar, skinned the animal and took his head as a trophy and ran and hid hoping it wouldn't be discovered. Which seems to be the history and MO of this guy since he's been in trouble multiple times for similar acts of illegal hunting.

Don't act like I'm out of line because I'm staying on topic. I'm pretty sure this topic is about this lion being killed not just some general perspective on game hunting.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Uh huh - and the fact the tag the lion was wearing was found smashed?
At what point would he not known? Before they removed the tag, after?
He knew what he was doing, don't make excuses.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Shoot here embed this

8A1D-f_meFY

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Because you keep talking about how these hunts help the animals. How tribal people eat the meat to keep from starving.

You say you're waiting for more info to come in. What more do you need???

Let's say he didn't know at first. Well, when he tracked it down and shot it dead and noticed the collar did they report it??? Did they do anything to try and fix this "accident" at all??? Nope. They tried to destroy the collar, skinned the animal and took his head as a trophy and ran and hid hoping it wouldn't be discovered. Which seems to be the history and MO of this guy since he's been in trouble multiple times for similar acts of illegal hunting.

Don't act like I'm out of line because I'm staying on topic. I'm pretty sure this topic is about this lion being killed not just some general perspective on game hunting.

Absogodamnlutely man!!
These folks will keep defending him though, you may as well bash your head against a wall.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I see youre having a hard time with context.........

The discussion, was rebuttal , to Trophy Hunts, not necessarily this case........

Since the accusation was that all Trophy Hunts were destructive and serve no other purpose then for rich people to kill stuff......

I refuse to keep going into this circle just because you want to make my responses into something you took out of context

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Shoot here embed this

8A1D-f_meFY

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The operative word is "prosecuted". What I'm seeing here, and elsewhere, is bordering on "persecution".

In the court of public opinion he's been tried and found guilty. ...and I'm as guilty of it as any. I don't like what he may have done, in any shape, fashion, or form...but, he may have, indeed, been mislead. It would behoove us to remember that.

Everyone deserves their day in court, even villains. When we forget this, we are no better than they.

BTW: how does one "friend" another poster?
edit on 28-7-2015 by IanFleming because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join