It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You missed the part where the meat feeds people

You'd think that as Lions are an endangered species they'd perhaps feed people on something more plentiful.
How many people does a Lion feed ? , surely a Lion in the wild is better than a Lion in the stomach.

?

Its not like they are just going on there killing lions in masse to feed people...

Do you seriously not know how this works?

The lion has to be taken down for the preservation of the pride and continuing health there of.......

people want to shoot lions......

Hungry people in the area want food.......

Everyone wins and no healthy prides are adversely affected......

Its really really simple.......

but by all means continue ignoring facts in favor of emotional facts, it matters not to me

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If you are killing for the fun of it.........You are pathetic and cruel. If you are hunting for food........This is OK with me. Many sad pathetic mentally ill people kill for the fun of it. Crows and ground hogs come to mind. And Ya I understand the need to hunt wild pigs in the south because they are out of control.....They do use the meat.

Killing for fun or sport is cruel,pathetic,sad,lacking compassion and empathy. The people who do crap like this I have found to sometimes be very bad people in general. It is something deeply rooted in them.
edit on 28-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Once again, do they live forever? The money goes to conservation.

I also don't understand the draw to pay $50,000 to to kill something in a far away land but I also don't get being gay, that doesn't appeal to me at all BUT OBVIOUSLY being gay appeals to some. This mans schedule could be so busy he only has a few hours to hunt and he needs to pay others to do all the leg work? That's what paid hunts should truly entail.

Like it's said before tho this guy took this lion without a license and the property owner didn't have a license to let it be killed either so it's more then likely just a move for greed and hubris and all you "save the whale fruits" are right, it is despicable and gross, and someone will be punished.. Hopefully hard enough to help prevent this in the future.

BUT once again Trophy hunting in general is what pays for conservation efforts and it's a very big positive for the animal populations.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This wasn't a conservation group sponsored hunt

The lion was baited from a protected area.

The lion had a GPS collar. Which was remove and appears to be smashed.
That's how they found the remains.

The American dentist might have thought it was legal up until that last point...

Nobody should defend this...

Edit: The poacher/guide and the land owner where this lion was baited are facing criminal charges!

edit on 28-7-2015 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Killing for fun or sport is cruel,pathetic,sad,lacking compassion and empathy. The people who do crap like this I have found to be very bad people in general. It is something deeply rooted in them.

Proof please, thats a really huge generalized statement

Do you have a psychology degree , have you done studies with this that you could provide some data for us?

Ive gone on several big game hunts, the money goes to conservation, the meat goes to the locals, and I get to hunt something I normally wouldnt get to hunt, and the health of the population of the species is helped....

And I would bet dollars to donuts that you wouldnt find a single person I know that wouldnt describe me as a caring , loving individual who would give the shirt off my back for someone.......

edit on 7/28/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Trophy hunting should be banned and using conservation is about ironic as it gets. The people who do this are looking for a story to tell like minded cruel idiots.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Killing for fun or sport is cruel,pathetic,sad,lacking compassion and empathy. The people who do crap like this I have found to be very bad people in general. It is something deeply rooted in them.

Proof please

Proof of a personal truth........I have found. Check out my ATS name and understand what it means....Heck I will hel you out.....Personal truth is subjective the facts are not. You can not provide proof of a personal truth because it is subjective. Personal truths can change......Facts change far less often.

I have found........Me saying this shows it is personal truth not fact.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ground hogs are a weird one. Im a regular Heinrich himler to ground hogs, I grew up just SLAYING them. Wanna know why?

Each ground hog eats around $10,000 in crops, that's $10,000 a year per living groundhog that doesn't get injected into my local farming community through the pay of its employees who the spend it at bars and on food and whatnot. If we let ground hogs run wild the economy would crumble, we would be spending top dollar to farm nothing in return, a farmers yields are very important.

If every farmer just had to farm around ground hogs for real people would all die.. Kinda weird to think about it but it's a necessary evil.

On the contrary I have a ground hog that lives in my back yard with her family of 3 and I feed them my left over vegetables... She's burrowed pretty good under my garage but it's foundation is solid she's not hurting anything... And I'm not hurting her.. That's the logic that's applied to hunting, there is a much larger goal in mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Trophy hunting should be banned and using conservation is about ironic as it gets. The people who do this are looking for a story to tell like minded cruel idiots.

its not Ironic its truth, the ones that are hunted have to be eliminated, they know people want to hunt, and they get to pull in more revenue for conservation by charging for the hunts.......

Your bias and emotions do not trump facts

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Proof please

Proof of a personal truth........I have found. Check out my ATS name and understand what it means....Heck I will hel you out.....Personal truth is subjective the facts are not. You can not provide proof of a personal truth because it is subjective. Personal truths can change......Facts change far less often.

I have found........Me saying this shows it is personal truth not fact.

Im still waiting for proof of your statement.......

you claimed trophy hunters are proven to be very bad people.......

So how many big game hunters do you know?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If the ground hogs are being killed to help out farmers I am OK with it......Just like the pigs in the south.I am pro-hunting for food or well being. Hunting for pure sport or fun is pathetic at best in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Either way, trophy hunting IN GENERAL is a positive for the populations of African animals.

wrong again, from people that actually go out in the bush and try to count them ahead of the trophy killers and poachers.
of course there are many reasons but one of the biggest, is hunting legal and illegal.

from 2013,
if you go to this link posted below these quote from National Geographic, they have links underlined in yellow to the studies and you can read from the people that go and see, not from people that make their money killing them or the killers lying to protect their income amd their blood lust. Warning about the links some of the open a PDF for those that don't like that.

The most recent study, led by a scientist from Duke University, shows that as few as 32,000 lions are left in the wild. Many experts say there could be far fewer. (See an interactive experience on the Serengeti lion.)

While habitat loss and human-wildlife conflict (often in the form of retaliatory killings after lions kill livestock and sometimes even humans) are the primary causes of the lions' disappearance from Africa's forests and savannahs, trophy hunting adds to the problem. Approximately 600 lions are killed every year on trophy hunts, including lions in populations that are already declining from other threats. These hunts are unsustainable and put more pressure on the species. Unfortunately, Americans are primarily to blame. Approximately 60 percent of all lions killed for sport in Africa are shipped to the U.S. as trophies.

There are several reasons why trophy hunting is so bad for lions, beyond the obvious one that it kills healthy members of an imperiled species. The adult male lion is the most sought-after trophy by wealthy foreign hunters. And when an adult male lion is killed, the destabilization of that lion's pride can lead to more lion deaths as outside males compete to take over the pride. Once a new male is in the dominant position, he will often kill the cubs sired by the pride's previous leader, resulting in the loss of an entire lion generation within the pride.

Opinion: Why Are We Still Hunting Lions?

here are some of the wild claims that you can add to your horseSH@@. warning PDF.
The $200 Dollar Question, How Much Does Trophy Hunting Really Contribute To African Communities

basically the same as the NG above just a little shorter, click light blue text forlinks to other other articles.

But there was broad agreement among other conservationists that the LionAid figures were within the range of possible figures. "We put the figure slightly higher, at around 25,000 lions, but whether you use these figures, the LionAid report or the Duke study, there is common agreement among everyone involved in conservation of African lions that the situation is extremely serious," said Will Travers, director of the Born Free foundation. "In west and central Africa there are clusters in Burkina Faso, Niger, the Central African Republic, Cameroon and Chad, but the overall situation is looking dire."

Last year the Fish and Wildlife Service in the US – which is the world's biggest importer of trophy-hunted lions – said it would examine whether the species warranted protection under the Endangered Species Act. Activists say more than 5,600 wild African lions were hunted and exported as trophies(pdf) between
West African lions on verge of extinction, report says

thought i would put this in seeing how the op source says that there is a photo album with him poseing next to a rhino, i thought about them and elephants. plus his photo album even further below.

notice the title to this one. sound like something he bought doesn't it.

The Dallas Safari Club, an international organization of hunters and wildlife enthusiasts, said they plan to auction off a permit to hunt an endangered black rhino from the government of the Republic of Namibia. However, the organization says their goal is actually to save the rhino, of which there are approximately 5,055.

that's right save a engendered spices by killing them, just sad sad sad. that's some twisted logic right there.
Texas Hunting Club Auctioning off Permit to Hunt Endangered Rhino
from 2015

Populations of both species are in free fall as poaching frenzies drive the brutal killing and butchering, for their tusks, of tens of thousands of elephants every year. The number of Central African forest elephants declined by 62 percent in less than a decade, devastated by a lethal cocktail of illegal hunting, habitat loss and civil strife, and are the more urgently at risk of the two. Savanna elephant populations have also significantly declined throughout their range, with particular devastation in Tanzania, where one of the strongest populations of elephants — 109,000 animals — dropped to about 43,000 in just five years, between 2009 and 2014.
Save the Elephant

man i could go on and on, and your try at using the facts of life in the bush about having their butts eaten are nothing but a pitiful attempt to justify a blood lust. give it up that part of the life of animals, always has been always will be. just part of nature.

now get to peddlin.

ETA: i almost forget to post his kill list.
Walt Palmer Kill list

edit on 28-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How can you provide proof of truth......Do you not understand this simple......SIMPLE concept? Truth is subjective.

Can you provide proof of your religious beliefs or what color the sky is when you look out.......Facts are not subjective. I put forward personal truth not fact.....Get it.....

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Since I've said just about all I have to say on this topic, I wanted to let you know I sent you a PM.

Hope it finds you well.

&& I hope that whoever is responsible for wronging Cecil and the Conservation of all the tourist money Cecil brought in, is brought to justice.

link   

If the ground hogs are being killed to help out farmers I am OK with it......Just like the pigs in the south.I am pro-hunting for food or well being. Hunting for pure sport or fun is pathetic at best in my eyes.

Why do you conveniently ignore that those hunts are for the well being of the "prides", "herds" or otherwise ?

Ill tell you why, because "lions" and "tigers" and Bears oh my , cause a more visceral reaction.....

Because groundhogs dont evoke that emotional response......

again, not logic, because if it was logic, the facts would make a difference to you

link   

You lost me at 'being gay'.
I have no idea wtf you're taking about.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

How can you provide proof of truth......Do you not understand this simple......SIMPLE concept? Truth is subjective.

Can you provide proof of your religious beliefs or what color the sky is when you look out.......

obfuscation is not an answer........

I wont hold my breath....

But I will leave you with this, you should probably not make such sweeping statements about groups of people ........

especially since im willing to bet you probably dont actually know anyone thats ever been on a trophy hunt, to make that sort of judgement

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

We got those pigs up north here too and not only do unchecked wild pigs ravage farm land but they ravage wild lands too, I can accross one of my favorite swamp areas to deer hunt and it was DESTROYED. Even the Beavers abandoned their dam and den and moved on. I used to sit their watching beavers swim around between trout grabbing bugs and whatnot... Not it looks like a tornado came through, it's crazy what a pack of pigs can do and we gotta keep them in check. All animals too not just pigs.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Actually I did not ignore it......I made myself clear but it is obvious you are having context or comprehension issues. I will say it again......I am pro hunting for food or well being....Say a farmer fields are being ruined I am OK with killing to stop this.

I am against hunting for fun or pure sport.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Ok not gay, Goth. I do not see the draw to wear $400 dollar thigh high boots while my nipple piercings flail in the wind but some people obviously get a kick out of that..

At the heart of it is this, paid hunting should just entail a help by locals to make sure your hunt is just and right. Not just to pay and swoop in and slay bodies then run away with horns... Your paying someone to put in the time to make sure it's a right hunt because you can't..

This guy in Cecil's case tho I'm not convinced he's not just a bad person like a lot of you are saying, probably wanted to kill the lion for ego reasons and social reasons. This guy isn't all trophy hunters tho, remember that, in general it is a very positive practice.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join