It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: IanFleming

Since when is this a partisan debate about political ideology??? Who gives a f*ck if another member is Liberal or Democrat. That has nothing to do with this topic. Stop trying to label others in an attempt to pigeon hole them into your myopic views of the world. Go to the Mud Pit for that sh*t.

Calm down. You will give yourself a stroke. A nice cup of tea perhaps?

The other member was trying to pidgeon hole people about their masculinity--do you find that sort of blanket generalization and condescension acceptable?
edit on 28-7-2015 by IanFleming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I hope this prick is hunted through his business, social media and the press.

I hope he feels threatened, afraid and attacked.

I hope the media camp outside his house and he feels closed in.

I hope this attention destroys his life.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
I hope this prick is hunted through his business, social media and the press.

I hope he feels threatened, afraid and attacked.

I hope the media camp outside his house and he feels closed in.

I hope this attention destroys his life.

Got to love the tolerant. Well done. (Golf clap)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

You can't hate on someone for having a smile when they kill a giraffe if it was all on the up and up, that person did something very hard and it's an amazing relief once you finally take you game. It's amazingly intense when everything is just right.... When it's not just right... It's wrong. And there's consequences for when that's the case.

Why would you kill a giraffe??? Just so you can see if you can??? Let me save you the time, yes, you can kill a giraffe. You're not the first one and it's not exactly a great accomplishment. If you do it with a sharp stick or hand to hand I'll give you some credit but if you shoot it you haven't impressed me. If you shoot it with a .22, at 500 yards, in poor conditions and kill it, again, I'll give you credit. In fact, I'll give you credit for any unique or extremely difficult way in which you actually killed it. However, being that you just killed a Giraffe, I would still think you're an ass and I'd still wonder why you did it.

It's not a threat. You don't need to kill it to survive and it's not even something you'd typically eat. All it does is roam around and eat leaves off trees and make little giraffes. What point is there in killing it??? Why not just go shoot a tiny target in the same conditions to see if you can??? Why not just let it be so I can enjoy seeing it instead of killing it and taking it's head where only you can enjoy it in your living room???

I see what you're saying about the skill required but so what??? It takes skill to hit an artificial target when it's moving too so why not do that instead??? Why must you kill an animal to prove something to yourself??? Also, what exactly are you trying to prove???

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanFleming

originally posted by: akushla99

...the lengths that men will go to, to cure erectile dysfunction are amazing...

Å99

Why do liberals always go for the John Thomas in debates? And they claim conservatives have sexual issues.

You can tell my pollytics, from that?

...unbeleivable...

I was referring to the egotistical uselessness and flawed belief, that like jumping from a plane with a parachute can be described as some sort of daredevil behaviour (I know, since I spent many years hearing it, when I worked repairing parachutes, from said daredevils)...my reply was always - I'd consider them daredevils if they jumped without parachutes...my stance on this topic is the same, do it without weapons...

P.S. Probably should clarify where I stand before that line of non-reason goes any further - pollytics is a parrot that has swallowed a clock...

Å99

So you always go for the weiner but are not a liberal? Okay. So you are not a liberal then?

I don't mind walking 'round the house without clothes...does that make me 'liberal'?

I certainly wouldn't put it on the interwebs...ooops...

Å99

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The other member was trying to pidgeon hole people about their masculinity--do you find that sort of blanket generalization and condescension acceptable?

I'm not saying I find it acceptable. But at least they were still addressing people who hunt. WTF does someone's political ideals have to do with this??? Not all hunters are Conservatives ya know. You also don't have to be liberal to be against Game Hunters.

This isn't about politics.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Å99

Why do liberals always go for the John Thomas in debates? And they claim conservatives have sexual issues.

...unbeleivable...

I was referring to the egotistical uselessness and flawed belief, that like jumping from a plane with a parachute can be described as some sort of daredevil behaviour (I know, since I spent many years hearing it, when I worked repairing parachutes, from said daredevils)...my reply was always - I'd consider them daredevils if they jumped without parachutes...my stance on this topic is the same, do it without weapons...

P.S. Probably should clarify where I stand before that line of non-reason goes any further - pollytics is a parrot that has swallowed a clock...

Å99

So you always go for the weiner but are not a liberal? Okay. So you are not a liberal then?

I don't mind walking 'round the house without clothes...does that make me 'liberal'?

Å99

Fascinating. Are you often glib?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm not saying I find it acceptable. But at least they were still addressing people who hunt. WTF does someone's political ideals have to do with this??? Not all hunters are Conservatives ya know. You also don't have to be liberal to be against Game Hunters.

This isn't about politics.

As the bard said, "Methinks thou dost protest too much."

Of course this is about politics--there is no conservation in Africa without political deals and wrangling.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Å99

...unbeleivable...

Å99

Å99

How do you mean?...as 'glib' as trying to justify killing animals for pleasure?

Å99

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Å99

...unbeleivable...

Å99

Å99

Å99

No.you might have to look that one up.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You kill it's because it's a passed breeding age male that needs to be culled and the rest of the herd needs the hundreds of thousands of dollars raised in funds for the tags which are handed out by biologists that know how many animals is acceptable..
edit on 28-7-2015 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2015 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Å99

...unbeleivable...

Å99

Å99

Å99

No.you might have to look that one up.

Don't need to, but thanks anyway...

Å99

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl

/facepalm

So you take joy in people's lives being ruined? Tell me again how that makes you a good person?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You kill it's because it's a passed breeding age male that needs to be culled and the rest of the herd needs the hundreds of thousands of dollars raised in funds for the tags which are handed out by biologists that know how many animals is acceptable..

Really??? Then how did they survive for all these years without culling them off and biologists around to control their population and without all that money being exchanged which Giraffes couldn't care less about???

What a bunch of BS. Once again, the only creature that needs culling on this planet is humans. They are the only creature who doesn't find some balance with nature and the rest of life who shares this planet.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this is the same lion that's in the youtube video of the guy with the gopro cam?

That video?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Nature gave humans the intelligence to do what we do, we are an animal, technically everything we do is in balance with natur... Technically.. Because we are nature... BUT every thing we do is not good for other species of this planet and that's where we need to be courteous and try our best to take care of them.... THAT COSTS MONEY.. The best way to raise that money is to auction of licenses to hunt the passed breeding age male and females.... It's pretty simple.

Prohibition got the rhino and the elephant to the brink of extinction.. Hunting and conservation have grout them back.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

/facepalm

So you take joy in people's lives being ruined? Tell me again how that makes you a good person?

His life ???....Yes...absolutely.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So you take joy from another life suffering? How are you different then what you precieve this hunter as being?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

No it isn't. And that's a pet not a lion. Not fully anyway. Check out Katherine Chappell for what most lions will do.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
people are sick, i look forward to the great shift

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join