It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

originally posted by: IanFleming

...the lengths that men will go to, to cure erectile dysfunction are amazing...

Å99

Why do liberals always go for the John Thomas in debates? And they claim conservatives have sexual issues.

You can tell my pollytics, from that?

...unbeleivable...

I was referring to the egotistical uselessness and flawed belief, that like jumping from a plane with a parachute can be described as some sort of daredevil behaviour (I know, since I spent many years hearing it, when I worked repairing parachutes, from said daredevils)...my reply was always - I'd consider them daredevils if they jumped without parachutes...my stance on this topic is the same, do it without weapons...

P.S. Probably should clarify where I stand before that line of non-reason goes any further - pollytics is a parrot that has swallowed a clock...

Å99

So you always go for the weiner but are not a liberal? Okay. So you are not a liberal then?

I don't mind walking 'round the house without clothes...does that make me 'liberal'?

I certainly wouldn't put it on the interwebs...ooops...

Å99

Fascinating. Are you often glib?

How do you mean?...as 'glib' as trying to justify killing animals for pleasure?

Å99

No.you might have to look that one up.

Don't need to, but thanks anyway...

Å99

Shrug. Some people find learning threatening.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That dentist is a tool. Glad he's getting harassed. How fun to hunt and kill a living animal when there is no danger to yourself. Why not just play Halo or something on the XBOX? Same thrill but your not helping a to make species extinct. At $50,000 we know he didn't do it for the food.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: mOjOm

You kill it's because it's a passed breeding age male that needs to be culled and the rest of the herd needs the hundreds of thousands of dollars raised in funds for the tags which are handed out by biologists that know how many animals is acceptable..

Really??? Then how did they survive for all these years without culling them off and biologists around to control their population and without all that money being exchanged which Giraffes couldn't care less about???

What a bunch of BS. Once again, the only creature that needs culling on this planet is humans. They are the only creature who doesn't find some balance with nature and the rest of life who shares this planet.

The population was controlled through disease and starvation and competition and other predators.

More farms. Less free range. Competition with man.

You wanting remove African tribesmen? That's rather racist of you. I have many friends in Kenya who would laugh at you and challenge you to live thier life
edit on 28-7-2015 by IanFleming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

a reply to: bellagirl

So you take joy from another life suffering? How are you different then what you precieve this hunter as being?

Hey mate... Cant put this any clearer.....made my day to hear that he has had to close his surgery because of the backlash

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

...the lengths that men will go to, to cure erectile dysfunction are amazing...

Å99

Why do liberals always go for the John Thomas in debates? And they claim conservatives have sexual issues.

You can tell my pollytics, from that?

...unbeleivable...

I was referring to the egotistical uselessness and flawed belief, that like jumping from a plane with a parachute can be described as some sort of daredevil behaviour (I know, since I spent many years hearing it, when I worked repairing parachutes, from said daredevils)...my reply was always - I'd consider them daredevils if they jumped without parachutes...my stance on this topic is the same, do it without weapons...

P.S. Probably should clarify where I stand before that line of non-reason goes any further - pollytics is a parrot that has swallowed a clock...

Å99

So you always go for the weiner but are not a liberal? Okay. So you are not a liberal then?

I don't mind walking 'round the house without clothes...does that make me 'liberal'?

I certainly wouldn't put it on the interwebs...ooops...

Å99

Fascinating. Are you often glib?

How do you mean?...as 'glib' as trying to justify killing animals for pleasure?

Å99

No.you might have to look that one up.

Don't need to, but thanks anyway...

Å99

Shrug. Some people find learning threatening.

Agreed...that's what I've found over the last 30 years...

Å99

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

Nature gave humans the intelligence to do what we do,

It also gave us the intelligence to know know better than to do stupid stuff. Unfortunately it didn't give us the intelligence to see past our own stupid destructive greedy self interest.

Prohibition got the rhino and the elephant to the brink of extinction.. Hunting and conservation have grout them back.

No, prohibition didn't kill rhino's any more than legislation regarding tax law did. Rhino's don't care what laws we make. Poachers and people slaughtering them is what almost made them extinct. Whatever reason you want to give for why Humans slaughtered them is up to you. Money, Entertainment, parts to be used in love potions, voodoo...whatever, I don't care. It wasn't the reasons that killed them, it was the people not using any of that intelligence that nature gave them that killed them.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Check out this goofs dr. Walters YELP page. lmfao hours of fun. Here guys lol. This is something he should of thought about. m.yelp.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The population was controlled through disease and starvation and competition and other predators.

Exactly. Wholly crap we actually agree on something. Things were balanced by normal processes within nature. Then man came along and for a long time things were still ok.

Then man became uncontrolled in his breeding and devouring and destroying of the planet and all life on it. Now we're racing around trying to fix or control everything that's messed up. The one thing we don't seem to ever try and cull or cut back on is ourselves and our greedy destructive ways. If we would address that one out of control animal, Humans, all those other issues would fix themselves naturally. Instead we run around culling all animals. We are the only animal that is the problem. The rest will fix themselves if we'd get the hell out of the way and quit screwing everything up all the time with our BS.

You wanting remove African tribesmen? That's rather racist of you. I have many friends in Kenya who would laugh at you and challenge you to live thier life

So now I'm a racist. I'm done talking to you. Everything is an attack on a person level made out of your ignorance and inability to have a conversation without making accusations about someone on a person level. You don't know anything about me yet you can't seem to keep from slandering me because you don't have a valid argument to stand on. I don't have anything more to say to you. Goodbye.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

No it isn't. And that's a pet not a lion. Not fully anyway. Check out Katherine Chappell for what most lions will do.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There is no "sport" in what these rich people do. None. Zero. It's a bunch of people with too much money murdering animals to look cool. Given the opportunity, I would put their heads on my wall.

This idiot illegally killed this lion. Lured him with food, shot him with a crossbow.. tracked him and then finished him off with a gun. Then proceeded to cut his head off and skin him.

I seriously hope this guy gets caught and thrown in prison.

edit on 28-7-2015 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
Check out this goofs dr. Walters YELP page. lmfao hours of fun. Here guys lol. This is something he should of thought about. m.yelp.com...

Wow, some of those are funny as hell.

This guy may want to learn a different trade or get some plastic surgery and a name change after this.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

lol just read some of the reviews. He is ruined.

Will forever be known for what he has done. His actions will stalk him for the rest of his life.

I cant stop smiling at the fact he spent $50 thousands of his hard earned money to ruin his own life...bahahahah

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I can't believe somebody is actually defending this hunter, the lion was a tourist attraction, the lion was a new father, the lion had a gps collar, the lion was purposely lured out of a protected area. This hunter couldn't even make a clean kill.
He still chopped his head of for a trophy, even though he was "so upset" about it, yeah right.
The government is pressing charges even though he had the papers to hunt legally.

How is this defensible at any level ?

I hope this folds his dentistry business, I wouldn't want him working on my teeth after I found out what he did.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Exactly. Wholly crap we actually agree on something. Things were balanced by normal processes within nature. Then man came along and for a long time things were still ok.

Then man became uncontrolled in his breeding and devouring and destroying of the planet and all life on it. Now we're racing around trying to fix or control everything that's messed up. The one thing we don't seem to ever try and cull or cut back on is ourselves and our greedy destructive ways. If we would address that one out of control animal, Humans, all those other issues would fix themselves naturally. Instead we run around culling all animals. We are the only animal that is the problem. The rest will fix themselves if we'd get the hell out of the way and quit screwing everything up all the time with our BS.

So now I'm a racist. I'm done talking to you. Everything is an attack on a person level made out of your ignorance and inability to have a conversation without making accusations about someone on a person level. You don't know anything about me yet you can't seem to keep from slandering me because you don't have a valid argument to stand on. I don't have anything more to say to you. Goodbye.

Man is part of nature. That we are an apex predator with self awareness, it is on us to try to balance our needs with conservation. Paid culling is part of the management.

YOU are the one who wished man to be gone so the animals can live in Disney harmony. That you, in disgust of white dentists, forgot that the large portion of the issue rests in the laps of African villages does not obviate your wish for them all to be gone. Sounds pretty racist to me...or was it simply stupid and ignorant of the situation?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl

lol just read some of the reviews. He is ruined.

Will forever be known for what he has done. His actions will stalk him for the rest of his life.

I cant stop smiling at the fact he spent $50 thousands of his hard earned money to ruin his own life...bahahahah

He should of still had the right to go over and shoot the animal but he has to deal with the consequences also.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IanFleming

Mate...give it up. Go have a bex and a good lie down. You are fight a losing battle here.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

YOU are the one who wished man to be gone so the animals can live in Disney harmony. That you, in disgust of white dentists, forgot that the large portion of the issue rests in the laps of African villages does not obviate your wish for them all to be gone. Sounds pretty racist to me...or was it simply stupid and ignorant of the situation?

WRONG SIR. I never said anything about "WHITE" dentists. I never said anything at all about "AFRICAN VILLIGES OR PEOPLE".

It was YOU who said those things. I have never mentioned anything about a persons RACE, or HERITAGE or COLOR OF SKIN. That was YOU and YOU alone.

When I spoke of "culling humanity" I addressed it as a whole species myself included. I don't care what race or creed someone is like you do. I don't cater to one group over another or give one group allowance over another because they are rich or white or anything else. Those are your habits not mine. Don't push your racist remarks on to me. That is your problem and you deal with it.

Once again, what part of "do not talk to me anymore" did you not understand??? I asked that you not address any comments to me as I do not wish to discuss anything with someone like you and your method of debate. Please respect that. Do not talk to me anymore sir. Thank you very much.
edit on 28-7-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Not that I'm against hunting, people need to know that hunting licenses and tax on ammunition is what funds the majority of wildlife conservation programs and hires guards to save animals like mountain gorillas and white rhinos.

That said this man is a d*ck. Illegal hunting chaps my ass and he has a record of repeat offenses. I hope they pin him to the wall for this, making severe examples is the best deterrent to others contemplating skirting the rules.

Besides, any dentists that can drop 50 grand every year to go hunting is definitely overcharging his patients.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

WRONG SIR. I never said anything about "WHITE" dentists. I never said anything at all about "AFRICAN VILLIGES OR PEOPLE".

It was YOU who said those things. I have never mentioned anything about a persons RACE, or HERITAGE or COLOR OF SKIN. That was YOU and YOU alone.

When I spoke of "culling humanity" I addressed it as a whole species myself included. I don't care what race or creed someone is like you do. I don't cater to one group over another or give one group allowance over another because they are rich or white or anything else. Those are your habits not mine. Don't push your racist remarks on to me. That is your problem and you deal with it.

Once again, what part of "do not talk to me anymore" did you not understand??? I asked that you not address any comments to me as I do not wish to discuss anything with someone like you and your method of debate. Please respect that. Do not talk to me anymore sir. Thank you very much.

Nonsense. You didn't include yourself in culling humanity and it is disingenuous to claim so now. Besides, if you really believe that, the go ahead--cull yourself. Oh. Not going to do it? No surprise there.

You were talking about culling humanity in reference to African game hunting. No surprise that it's racist. Who the heck you think lives in Africa? Swedes?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
And do you know what's sad about this persons life being ruined? It's scared many people away from spending the money.

In the case of Corey knowlton and his black rhino he paid $350,000 for his license. They expected near $2,000,000 but all the bidders backed out at the last moment over fears of damage to their companies or their families. In a panic the local conservationist got ahold of Corey and asked him if he knew anyone who would want to bid on the license to try and raise money for the remaining black rhinos and Corey scrapes together every penny he could find himself. No one else bid and he paid $350,000. He coulda got it for $50,000 but he knew they need more and the licens was worth potentially millions.

All this online backlash is actually harming the animals in the long run, congratulations you guys cost the black rhino 1.6 million and who knows how many other licenses values have been drove down over fears of backlash...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join