It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Tsunami?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacemunkey
Ohhhh!!! check him out ^^^^^^ someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

if you are talking to me, than i can tell you i ALWAYS get up on THIS side of the bed.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by spacemunkey
Ohhhh!!! check him out ^^^^^^ someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

if you are talking to me, than i can tell you i ALWAYS get up on THIS side of the bed.

This is beginning to look a lot like a couple of other boards I used to go to.....little tid bits at each other over this or that said that is really not too pertinent to the conversation.....I'll add here to stop yelling also, all caps on a BB indicate yelling....
...I'm not a mod...just got up and this was the first thing I opened and it hit me wrong. ::::Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn::::

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Actually this was a thread awhile back - here is the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   

This is beginning to look a lot like a couple of other boards I used to go to.

what other boards ?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

This is beginning to look a lot like a couple of other boards I used to go to

Could you please elaborate on this statement.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by c00ster
please dont give the terrorists any more ideas!

I wouldn't worry.

If any terrorists even have nukes, they don't have many and they probably paid a hell of a lot for them, and they probably can't easily get more.

The last thing they're gonna do is chuck it into a volcano and hope it causes an eruption.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Also, just think of all the radioactive fallout that 'would be lost' (thinking from a terrorists point of view), detonating it underwater, granted the seas would be contaminated but not the land.

Detonating a nuclear device inland would be more catastrophic and have an affect on crops, livestock, water etc. for many years and would make it un-inhabitable.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
I was just reading an article about the tsunami's in Asia, and how they expect the death toll to reach 60,000 or more.

Then I got to thinking...what if a group of "terrorists" dropped a couple of nukes off the coast of Florida or near New York City for that matter...wouldn't that create an artificial tsunami that could kill thousands if not millions?

If a tsunami wiped out half of India, I can only imagine what would happen to Florida.

Scary thought.

Countries don't even have nukes strong enough to create deadly tsunamis like that, let alone terrorist.....
Do you realize how much energy is needed to do something like that?

Besides, Florida is not SE asia. Due to the frequency of Hurricanes that hit there (and this being a much richer country) the houses, buildings, and other structures are much more stronger. Even in NYC. You would be hard pressed to get a thousand deaths let alone 10s of thousands.
You cause a lot more casualties by just nuking the city...

btw, not only half but about 99.9% of India was NO WHERE NEAR being wiped out....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
I was just reading an article about the tsunami's in Asia, and how they expect the death toll to reach 60,000 or more.

Then I got to thinking...what if a group of "terrorists" dropped a couple of nukes off the coast of Florida or near New York City for that matter...wouldn't that create an artificial tsunami that could kill thousands if not millions?

If a tsunami wiped out half of India, I can only imagine what would happen to Florida.

Scary thought.

Way too interesting, and I thought about that, too. The whole situation seems to be too perfect and too methodical to be just a natural coincidence. I guess, there are some possibilities that will never come to surface, but there could be a hostile community behind this horrible act.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A volcano taking out Florida? now I've heard everything

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Way too interesting, and I thought about that, too. The whole situation seems to be too perfect and too methodical to be just a natural coincidence. I guess, there are some possibilities that will never come to surface, but there could be a hostile community behind this horrible act.

may I ask what is perfect about the situation ? what was methodical about it ?

why is it easier to believe a hostile community was able to get a bomb alllllllll the way down to the ocean floor, and explode it exactly where it had to be, but its harder to believe it was a natural earthquake ?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This tsunami is helping my theory that HAARP has gotten out of control. I think that the people running HAARP lost control of it and created this tsunami. It is also why there were like 5 hurricanes hitting FLorida in a month. WHat do you think? Good? STupid?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just how, if I may ask, did HAARP cause the tsunami?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Build new islands in front of the coast of Florida, build large prisons on it with thick high walls that not only serve to counter escapes but also withstands a huge wave, kind of a very long Alcatraz, if the large concrete structures still fail , you would lose the less productive part of your population
, there will be lot less damage in florida.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
After much late night studying of such great hollywood films "deep impact" and "armaggedon" i have come to the conclusion that an asteroid impact in our oceans could also develop Tsnammi waves like the one which recently hit Asia.

So,

Earthquakes and Asteriods = yes

Nuke detonation = no

Anything else?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
After much late night studying of such great hollywood films "deep impact" and "armaggedon" i have come to the conclusion that an asteroid impact in our oceans could also develop Tsnammi waves like the one which recently hit Asia.

PTTTTT!

Now look what you made me do. I have to clean off my monitor!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's not the volcano per se, it's that the whole side of the volcano is slipping already any any eruption/quake will have it go or so the scientists think. The part slipping is west facing - e.g. pointed at US coast and is pretty big....

Sorry - but FL will be toast as the abrupt uplift in the continental shelf would cause a massive wave to form quite close to shore and given a gallon of water at around 7lbs - you can work the math. A hurricane surge of 10-20 feet is enough to take out most structures but a wave 200 feet high - kablammo. You also don't just get one wave, you get a whole series in decreasing magnitude - ouch....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So is this bigger than the Mt. St. Helens land slide?

Even if the size of the landslide was bigger then the Mt. St. Helens slide, the displacement would be localized from a single point, unlike an earthquake displacement which can be many kilometers long. Also it is on the continental shelf of Africa, not north America, so that some of it�s energy would be expended before it reached the deeper mid ocean. Then, the energy of the wave would decrease the further from the source that you are. (I don�t know if it would be a true inverse square, but it would be similar).

The portions of the tsunami that hit Africa did only moderate to light damage compared to Micronesia.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't know the exact size - but it was pretty big as I recall. Yes it would dissipate some but they speculated that because of the position, most of the energy would be focused to the west and the fact that the continental plate off the coast of FL rises so abruptly, that it would cause a doozy of a wave....

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
"RESONANCE" is the key to taking small power, and turning it into BIG power. Not a single big explosion.

Nikola Tesla knew a thing or two about resonance.

just type Tesla, and Earthquakes into a search engine, there are SO MANY links...

btw: THIS IS YELLING, ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME.
and THIS is EMPHASIS, one or two words in a sentence.

actually, neither of these hurt my ears..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join