It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Sisters of the Poor Aiding in the Religious Right Wing's Agenda for a Theocratic Government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Only foolish leftest would promote such a thing as reality. If that were to happen, it would have been in the 200 years that Christians actually held the major sway in this nation.

Except a little thing called the Constitution stopped this from happening. But now our government has been infested with a group of people who call themselves Evangelical "Christians" who don't follow the teachings of Jesus that want to let religion override laws and that goes directly against the Constitution.
edit on 7600000004231America/ChicagoSun, 26 Jul 2015 12:14:42 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Absurd.

No one is trying to stop anyone from practicing their freedom of religion. That talking point is just drama queen antics playing the victim card.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I fully agree. The Beckett Fund wants the press. They are part if the lobby that wants to beat into our heads the notion that Christians are being victimized somehow when they are not. They are also part of the organized effort to put religion into government.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You mean the Administration that said it wouldnt have lobbyists?

Irrelevant. You're still not grasping the difference. Can you tell me when those little kids claiming Obama was so great went to capitol hill to lobby congress, or used their wealth to take a case in front of the supreme court?

you can claim irrelevant in every reply if you want, it doesnt make it true

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Those idiots claiming Obama was wonderful don't have billions of dollars to bog-down the courts with meaningless lawsuits and lobby our representatives to implement laws according to their ideology.

Big difference.

If you really believe that ... you are being willfully ignorant, blind or both because it suits you.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

It's not about the violence. It's the extremism of the ideology.

Surely that point did not go above your head.

Extremism of Ideology?

Like what were seeing every day in the media , with the progressive nanny state?

Black lives matter protest , booing and saying NO to "all lives matter"?

Like riots in the streets and destroying of property and home, while Gov gives them "room to destroy" for the death of someone that was justified?

Extremism of Ideology, like Banning Big Gulp Sodas?

Extremism of Ideology, like using your "Pen and Phone" to circumvent gov safeguards that were put in place?

Extremism of Ideology like ramming healthcare down the throats of the American people despite the fact that the Majority were against it?

Extremist ideology , like Banning a damn Flag in the wake of a Massacre, that had NOTHING to do with a flag, because there wasnt enough outrage by the community?

And yet you guys are pointing the finger at Christians and Conservatives?

Give me a damn break!

I could reply to all of this, but it is all off topic.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What facts have you provided? All you have brought to the table is an emotional, irrelevant rant.

Black lives matter protest

Banning Big Gulp Sodas

Don't forget, Pen and Phone, Obamacare and the flag.

All great talking points, but does not compare to a push towards theocracy.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

You mean the Administration that said it wouldnt have lobbyists?

Irrelevant. You're still not grasping the difference. Can you tell me when those little kids claiming Obama was so great went to capitol hill to lobby congress, or used their wealth to take a case in front of the supreme court?

you can claim irrelevant in every reply if you want, it doesnt make it true

Then prove me wrong. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true. You made a specific claim and I'm asking you to prove that they are doing exactly what the religious extremists are doing.

If it's true, it shouldn't be hard to do so.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you really believe that ... you are being willfully ignorant, blind or both because it suits you.

There's nothing to believe. That is fact.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hardly.

The left has just as many if not more lobbyists in this country.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Violence isn't always directly physical. For example, before the government resigned to gay people being equal to all other people in regards to the legal protections afforded married couples, gay couples... even ones in legal unions could and were often denied access to their partner in hospitals, legal Wills contested and overturned. That is a form of violence.

In this context, a woman who is 26 weeks pregnant with full intentions of carrying to term and giving birth to her baby finds out her baby has some horrible disease and will suffer immensely if born or she herself with other children will most likely die if she continues with the pregnancy... but she has no access to a facility or hospital that will perform a late term abortion. So the child is born, lives in constant agony or the mother dies leaving her children motherless and grieving. That is also a form of violence.

All because some religious people try to control the choices of other people and enact laws that enforce their religious beliefs. What else can theocratic be defined as?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Hardly.

This is what you said:

Is this like those videos about the little kids singing about how wonderful Obama was going to be? Remember all of those? That wasn't brainwashing?

How can a comparison be made when those little brainwashed kids do not have the means, or desire, to lobby DC for their agenda, but the religious nut in the others video do have the means and desire to do so.

Your comparison is irrelevant, laughable and completely absurd.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Is this like those videos about the little kids singing about how wonderful Obama was going to be? Remember all of those? That wasn't brainwashing?

Oh, not like that video.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I appreciate that. I was hoping we could have a discussion about this case (and others) and how it fuels the agenda toward a religious government or at best, blurs lines between church and state.

But when people want to drag something off topic, they can be very successful. My advice is don't take the bait.

People like to put forth the idea that religion is the same as it used to be. But today's religion in the US is a political force with the wealthy backing to have success in making the government what they want it to be.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

My apologies for taking your thread off it's intended direction.

I do like a debate and take the bait for the challenge more than anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Hardly.

Yes the Left *OWNS* the powerbase Lobby.

Of course they claim to hate it, but with the doors closed and the curtains drawn, they light candles and worship the Lobby structure.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: reldra

I appreciate that. I was hoping we could have a discussion about this case (and others) and how it fuels the agenda toward a religious government or at best, blurs lines between church and state.

But when people want to drag something off topic, they can be very successful. My advice is don't take the bait.

People like to put forth the idea that religion is the same as it used to be. But today's religion in the US is a political force with the wealthy backing to have success in making the government what they want it to be.

I think your OP is proven and obvious without a lot of discussion. Religious groups can easily be exempt, but that would be a lost opportunity for press and more power grabs by the religious right. This will probably not be the last one.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
BH There is too much carry on not about your post for the first 2 pages!

Back on Topic. The Koch brothers are incredibly dangerous. Their agenda is to corporatize the government. Playing on peoples religious fears is a very good tactic. Clever business minds manipulating religious people and furthering nonsense debates like I just read.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hardly.

Yes the Left *OWNS* the powerbase Lobby.

Of course they claim to hate it, but with the doors closed and the curtains drawn, they light candles and worship the Lobby structure.

You caught me. That is what I do at night. In fact all of my friends to the left. We do this at 8pm EST, after reruns of 2 and a Half Men or The L Word, whichever you prefer. I have a John Boehner voodoo doll too. You don't want to know what I do to it. After I give it a tan in the microwave. I then style my hair like Nancy Pelosi's.

On a serious note, don't you notice all of the right wing think tanks that run the countless bulldung websites that masquerade as news on the internet? When I am trying to look up facts for a post here, I have to wade through all of that first.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I kind of think that it also serves to induce a kind of paranoia within the christian community and that for your average christian, well, they are being blasted by the media every which way as to how their religion is being attacked, while on the other side we are being blasted as to how they christian religion is attacking us. each side reacts and well those ideas are reinforced and the feeling gets stronger. but originally it wasn't really based on much of anything but a bunch of lies and half truths.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join