It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Sisters of the Poor Aiding in the Religious Right Wing's Agenda for a Theocratic Government

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Sorry. It's too easy and like Introvert I love to debate. You highlighted a very important specific event and what is behind it and that should be the focus. People, especially people who support Christianity in government should be made aware of how they're being manipulated. So to them I ask:

What is the purpose of fighting a battle against a non existent enemy and then claiming you're being attacked?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
BH There is too much carry on not about your post for the first 2 pages!

I know... That's what happens when the OP speaks a Truth that people don't want to hear. They try to change the topic to what the Liberal Scum are up to... Oh, well. It's not like I expected no political baiting.

The Koch brothers are incredibly dangerous. Their agenda is to corporatize the government. Playing on peoples religious fears is a very good tactic. Clever business minds manipulating religious people and furthering nonsense debates like I just read.

True. And the Koch brothers are just one entity with this agenda. They are working in conjunction with the religious lobby to play actual religious people like a fiddle. We see that in this Sisters case. They are being USED to set the groundwork for something they would probably never be complicit in, if they knew...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Divide-and conquer. Keep everyone frightened and worried and fighting each other. Keep the people of faith in fear that their religious freedoms will be violated... keep the rest of the people in fear that their freedoms will be violated by the religious. But in this case, I have to side with nuns in theory, if not in practice.

In the big picture, no one should be forced to provide anything (including birth control) for anyone else for any reason -- or no reason at all! -- religious or otherwise. This is about protecting everyone's freedom of conscience and the freedom to act (or not) accordingly, including our freedom of religion. It's either a right for everyone and everything... or it's a privilege for a few for select situations.

If the nuns were trying to make contraceptives illegal and unavailable to anyone, that would be wrong. They do not have the right to force their will on everyone else. But it's just as wrong to force the nuns to provide it, thus forcing their will on the nuns.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I see none of what anyone said to the contrary has made a difference despite the proof that liberals are the ones who have obviously built the cult of forced ideology on the masses

Cute little thread tho w all of you patting yourselves on the back despite the obvious hypocrisy being demonstrated

Woooooo scary Christians.

Cause they have had how much impact over the last 6 years compared to the total destruction liberals have wrought on this country

Please

I picture you guys sitting around a table patting each other on the back and bloviating about how smart and right all of you are while the building your in crumbles around you. Oblivious to it and insisting on how right you are

Waiter another glass of kook aid for my friends here!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So get this one:

A bunch of nuns who are supposed to be living a celibate life are now being required to buy insurance the covers contraception and, not just any contraception, but forms they feel are deeply offensive to their belief system.

And liberals turn this into a debate on the exception being about wanting to establish theocracy ...

Why do celibate nuns need to buy insurance that covers contraception? Let's stop the hyperbole. And why should they be forced into buying it?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Don't you understand what "Legal Precedent" means?

The anti-religious mongoose agenda is trying to run wild head over heels.

They *HATE* the idea of the 1st Amendment.

LOL

It's the Religious Freedom and Restoration Act that has the Little Sisters in a bind. This has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment!

IRONY!

LOL

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So get this one:

A bunch of nuns who are supposed to be living a celibate life are now being required to buy insurance the covers contraception and, not just any contraception, but forms they feel are deeply offensive to their belief system.

And liberals turn this into a debate on the exception being about wanting to establish theocracy ...

Why do celibate nuns need to buy insurance that covers contraception? Let's stop the hyperbole. And why should they be forced into buying it?

Because the Religious Right are forcing their views dammit!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

but, the idea that they are being forced to provide birth control to their employees is just a figment of someone's imagination!! all they have to do is submit a form saying they feel that doing so would betray their religious beliefs. gee, I see a whole mess of people one these forums declaring what their beliefs are for all kinds of issues...
are they betraying those beliefs by discussing them?
is the problem that they have to submit a form?? gee do they have the same problem when they sign the forms for their tax exempt status???

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Government should have never have been involved with this in the first place. To dictate how a faith acts, is in violation of the 1st Amendment.

Insult Christianity all you want.

But don't defend the violations made by government by attacking the church.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: ketsuko
So get this one:

Because the Religious Right are forcing their views dammit!

Stop promoting lies!

The Little Sisters are NOT being required to provide contraception insurance!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That didn't answer my question. Why is the system set up so that they have to get on their knees and beg the government to be allowed to do things as they always did them before in the first place?

It implies that the government stuck it's nose in where it shouldn't.

We can argue the tax issue, but that's the same d*** mess.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
involved with what healthcare??
okay, but well, you might want to consider just how much money has been redirected into medical research, giving immunizations to kids, and well let's not forget the cdc!
and well, interferring how a faith acts? really, jim jones comes to mind!!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The church has to gain permission from the government to do what they used to be free to do.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Government should have never have been involved with this in the first place. To dictate how a faith acts, is in violation of the 1st Amendment.

I don't know when you religious folks are going to figure out that your own Religious Freedom Restoration Act is the operational law here. Not the 1st Amendment!

That's the same law that got Hobby Lobby out of having to provide contraception, and the same law requiring the Little Sisters to sign a form!

edit on 26-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So the separation of church and state does not extend to government dictating to a faith whether or not they are allowed to practice their faith in accordance with government rules.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Must I repeat myself?

Government has no right to dictate to religion.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Tell that to Anthony Scalia!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Why is this an issue now?

Because of Obamacare.

That's why.

Repeal Obamacare and religions won't have to ask permission from the government to continue their faith.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The big question is; does government have the right to provide the privilege to religions to practice their faith?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ya know, I am sorry, we live in a society and well sometimes for that society to run smoothly, we have to cooperate. the gov't decided that birth control was a necessary part to be included in healthcare. considering that the majority of the population I do believe are still female, I kind of agree with them or at least wonder why there'd be such a backlash for it being included! okay, fine the religions expressed their concerns and they've been accommodated!
I mean what, since they can't bring themselves to fill out a simple form birth control coverage should not be considered as important to the healthcare of women as any other health issue people face and be dropped from coverage, just to appease the religious right? gee, I was supposedly legally required to fill out what seems to be a 20 page form for the danged census and was harassed till I did so so I say tough luck on that one!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join