It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subscribed Because of This: Mars Object on Deepzoom

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

The floating rock looks like a ball and its supposed shadow looks like a shadow of something that's not a ball.

edit on 1437869451Saturday31Sat, 25 Jul 2015 19:10:51 -0500pmSaturday1070731 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
cool optical illusion,

next we'll be saying flying carpets are real.......

You deserve an applause for this^^^

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Nice post. I love optical illusions.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Its a neat pic but just an optical illusion. Its like the pics you see of boats that seem to be floating above the water because the shadow appears on the sea bottom since the water is so clear. This is just a coincidence of a round shaped rock near a shadow on the ground that makes the rock appear to be floating. Still a neat pic though...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I was going to say for sure a basketball game that got a little carried away. But the optical illusion seems to fit. It appears the rock, to me, is not a sphere. When you cover the shadow with your finger you see an object on the ground with it's shadow being the bottom half of the "sphere".

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Wwweeeelllll....... it does look spherical and it doesn't seem to have a shadow where it should......but..... could it be a round rock caught on film as it rolls and bounces down that slope....mmmmmmmm?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You circled a rock that's on the ground.

Next.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Looks like the ATS Welcome Wagon is out in full force! That statement is FULL of sarcasm, BTW.

Love the comments made by the faux-mods in this thread...If you're not a moderator, you really shouldn't scold new members for something that irritates YOU. Who even gets irritated by things other people do on the internet? That's just silly, IMHO.

Anyway, welcome to ATS. If you post things and are interested in Mars, UFO's, aliens, etc. you'd better have a thick skin, lol...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

haha, thank you! Will keep in mind.

Anyways, thought it was pretty interesting. Nothing big though.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The usual fuss over NOTHING the rock is NOT floating the supposed shadow is another rock in the foreground.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
The usual fuss over NOTHING the rock is NOT floating the supposed shadow is another rock in the foreground.

^^This.

Here are the rocks in question, contrast adjusted and sharpened:

The shadow is on a different coloured rock that blends more into the background. The shadow cast by the blue coloured rock makes it appear rounder than it is.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Looks like the ATS Welcome Wagon is out in full force! That statement is FULL of sarcasm, BTW.

Love the comments made by the faux-mods in this thread...If you're not a moderator, you really shouldn't scold new members for something that irritates YOU. Who even gets irritated by things other people do on the internet? That's just silly, IMHO.

Anyway, welcome to ATS. If you post things and are interested in Mars, UFO's, aliens, etc. you'd better have a thick skin, lol...

You sound like a mod yourself.
I did welcome the member.
Yay another rocks on Mars thread.
Too bad it wasn't in a Mars forum where it belongs.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Come up with more pictures of the same object for comparison then you might have something. Otherwise I agree with the consensus here, it is simply an optical illusion.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Two rocks with two shadows. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightswim01

Here's some more interesting rocks for you from the link Op,

Adding this too...

edit on 26-7-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Two rocks with two shadows. ~$heopleNation

Four rocks four shadows

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: midnightswim01

Here's some more interesting rocks for you from the link Op,

Adding this too...

Interesting WHY

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I would say they are interesting because they appear to be sedimentary in origin.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The would be shadow doesn't seem to match a sphere.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Four rocks four shadows

Correct buddy, I was referring to the first circled image with the so called hovering round rock, but yes you're right. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join