It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brewster's Millions, ATS edition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If you were given the chance to have $1,000,000,000 to distribute to any causes, altruistic investments or charities you chose, just imagine what you could do.
But, in order to be able to do this, you MUST spend $100,000,000 on yourself first. Only you and your immediate family. You may keep anything you purchase, unlike the premise of the movie, but the money must be spent. Not saved or invested, no trust funds or anything along those lines. It must be entirely gone by the end of the deadline. Let's say 6 months.
What would you do with the $100,000,000? And what would you do with the $1,000,000,000?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Attempt to help the homeless and disadvantaged of our world.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What about the caveat fund?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well I have allways fancied my own island. With that much cash to spend on me, my family and friends I could probably buy a few for us.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As I recall from the movie, you had to spend it and not have anything to show for it when the time was up. You couldn't give any away, and anything you bought would be considered an asset.

One thing Richard Pryor did was to buy a very rare and expensive stamp, then used it to mail a letter. Along those lines, I would buy a few US Gold Eagles, then spend them at their face value of $50.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Well, for the purposes of the conversation, you can keep anything you buy. But you still cannot donate, give or throw the money away. As in literally pitching cash into a fire or something. It must all be spent. You can spend it on things like education though.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That could be nice. It seems to work for Richard Branson pretty well. He has an outdoor toilet overlooking the ocean.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Can I "buy" my girlfriend for one night and and that she then donate the money to various charities?

edit on 7232015 by BobbyRock because: argh.........

edit on 7232015 by BobbyRock because: argh II................................

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Well, for the purposes of the conversation, you can keep anything you buy. But you still cannot donate, give or throw the money away. As in literally pitching cash into a fire or something. It must all be spent. You can spend it on things like education though.

In that case, a trip to the Moon. Or, for twice the money, I could make a movie about a trip to the Moon. Maybe a movie about Doctor Doom kicking butt on the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, and the X-men on the Moon.

Might cost more than $100 mil, though.
edit on 23-7-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Attempt to help the homeless and disadvantaged of our world.

Doesn't work; countless have tried.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
If you were given the chance to have $1,000,000,000 to distribute to any causes, altruistic investments or charities you chose, just imagine what you could do.
But, in order to be able to do this, you MUST spend $100,000,000 on yourself first. Only you and your immediate family. You may keep anything you purchase, unlike the premise of the movie, but the money must be spent. Not saved or invested, no trust funds or anything along those lines. It must be entirely gone by the end of the deadline. Let's say 6 months.
What would you do with the $100,000,000? And what would you do with the $1,000,000,000?

Contract to buy a significant stake the company that holds the funds if you lose.

Game over.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
As I recall from the movie, you had to spend it and not have anything to show for it when the time was up. You couldn't give any away, and anything you bought would be considered an asset.

One thing Richard Pryor did was to buy a very rare and expensive stamp, then used it to mail a letter. Along those lines, I would buy a few US Gold Eagles, then spend them at their face value of $50.

You would probably get arrested for trying to use gold as currency….

Not to rain on your parade as the stamp idea was fabulous.
I also suppose that he was not to deface or destroy art collectables therefore posting the stamp would have been called a legal issue as to what defacing or destroying entailed… No fun outside of Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock

Can I "buy" my girlfriend for one night and and that she then donate the money to various charities?

How much?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Well, she's worth more to me, but I only had $1,000,000,000 to "shop" for, right?

edit on 7232015 by BobbyRock because: I'm dosin' off............

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I did say attempt to help, as to it working or not, who knows what's possible?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would spend the money on a round the world trip for my bf and I. We could stay at all of the fanciest places, and get private tours of everything.

My dream charity would be one I set up myself. I would put the charitable million in a trust, and use that to develop a non-profit CSA service for families in my area. All families would be free to join (small area), and the farm would provide fresh vegetables, meat, eggs, and milk at cost. Some labour would be provided by students of the local agricultural college in exchange for credit hours, and some would be done by local hired hands who would be paid a living wage.

I would love for the program to be absolutely free, but to pay the hired workers, some small cost must be charged. I think the million would be enough to cover the start up cost in my area, where the interest would cover maintenance and property taxes, etc.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

Nope.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Clever

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Might want to read it again. Its got a 'b' in front of it.
Probably going to go a lot further than you're thinking.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

ooooops, my bad - missed the:

But, in order to be able to do this, you MUST spend $100,000,000 on yourself first.

I'd buy me a an Island from Greece for the $100,000,000, but then there is no $1,000,000,000 left to spend.............

arghhhhhhhhhhhh....... 0125 H local isn't the right time for this........................

edit on 7232015 by BobbyRock because: argh III.............

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join