It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kasich To Join 2016 Republican Presidential Primary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
John Kasich To Join 2016 Republican Presidential Primary

And another candidate joins the Republican circus car. All I can say about this guy is, who?

WASHINGTON, July 21 (Reuters) - Ohio Governor John Kasich will make a relatively late entry to the 2016 race for the White House on Tuesday, when he becomes the 16th Republican to announce his candidacy.

Likely to be the last major Republican to join, Kasich starts from back in the field and will need to make a mark quickly to qualify for the party's first debate on August 6.

The former U.S. congressman is set to announce his run at Ohio State University in Columbus.

Ah ok, the Ohio governor. So what makes him so special?

A selling point for two-term governor Kasich will be the economic recovery in Ohio on his watch. He says he guided the state's budget from an $8 billion deficit to a surplus without raising taxes, although Democrats says the U.S. economic recovery played a major part.

Fair enough I guess, except:

Kasich ranks 14th out of 16 Republican candidates for the November 2016 election in a Reuters/Ipsos online poll, and he is in 12th place in the RealClearPolitics average of polls.

That puts him in danger of not qualifying for the first Republican debate. To qualify, candidates must be in the top 10 in national polls by August 4.

Hey at least I can say that I can't think of any craziness that has come from this guy. So likely we'll all just forget he exists in the race.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah, he's way too sensible to get the GOP excited. He said that nothing can get done in government without BOTH parties working together to come to compromises. WAY too sensible! Unfortunately. He'll never see the light of day.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Apparently Kasich doesn't want any feed back on his announcment to run....

Liberal OSU students wonder why John Kasich disinvited them from presidential campaign announcement

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yea exactly, no way HE'S going to appeal to anyone on the right. It's probably only a matter of time before someone comes into the thread and calls him a RINO.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Apparently Kasich doesn't want any feed back on his announcment to run....

Liberal OSU students wonder why John Kasich disinvited them from presidential campaign announcement

www.rawstory.com...

According to the comments, the event was overbooked and some tickets had to be canceled. I'm sure there were plenty enough people there to provide feedback.

edit on 21-7-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
It's probably only a matter of time before someone comes into the thread and calls him a RINO.

They should check out his positions before they do that... He's a Republican, all right...

On the Issues

Pro-life except rape & incest; supports litmus test.
Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC.
Supports Amendment to prevent same sex marriage.
Daughters attend a Christian school.
Bible stories are historical facts.
Voted YES on giving federal aid only to schools allowing voluntary prayer.
Supports a Constitutional Amendment for school prayer.
Focus on terrorism, oil, & nuclear development.
Separating church and state is goofy misinterpretation.
I can't figure out how anyone gets along without the Bible.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Yikes! So he's more of the same then? Good to know. Another face in the sea of crazy.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Yikes! So he's more of the same then? Good to know. Another face in the sea of crazy.

Well, he's no Donald Trump!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
John is an amazing man with an amazing record...I will consider voting for him. Look into him before you judge.

reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Our local newspaper said "Ohio running for president with John Kasich"

WRONG

We are TRYING to run FROM him. As fast as we can........

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Well that's what's so terrifying about this race, in order to stand out, you have to appear as crazy as possible all the time. The merely passively crazy don't get noticed like the guy in the OP Governor Whatwashisnameagain?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Well according to the issues posted by BH, he looks like he is no different than any other Republican candidate.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
We are TRYING to run FROM him. As fast as we can........

LOL! He's got a 60% approval rating in Ohio, though. I'm from there and it's pretty conservative, so I don't doubt that a lot of people like him.

And to be fair, he has done some good things...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Kasich is my governor. Despite the attention I pay to federal politics I pay much less to state. Here's what I can say under him:

Colleges have had to severely cut back as their funding disappeared. The community college I used to work at for example had to cut 67% of it's staff in two years after his budget cuts (they were replaced with student workers, paid for by federal grants). And most of their programs were cut, useful things like technology programs, only the most popular and not necessarily the best producing degrees could remain.

Food stamps under him were cut severely. Before he took office I got $200/month, after he took office with a decrease in income (due to losing the CC job) they were cut to $100/month and then to $50/month.

Personally, I don't think he has a chance. Throw in his extremist personal life and the fact that he's one of the executives given a large bonus with bank bailout money (he worked at Lehman Brothers, and given 1 million by them over a couple years for his part in the collapse) and I just don't see how he has a chance. Note that he won his election in Ohio with a mere 49% of the vote and on top of everything else I don't think he can even carry his own state which is one of the most important swing states.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Welcome to my club then. MY governor is running for Presidency too despite no one knowing anything about him, though I can just easily make a nice parallel here. If you want to know what my governor is like, just watch the Wire. The white politician (Carcetti) that becomes the mayor is literally based on O'Malley and how he became Mayor, then Governor of Maryland.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That's 16 GOP candidates for 2016! One month before their first debate. Naturally, the one saying the most outlandish things is in the lead, the next eight months are going to be great.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Welcome to my club then. MY governor is running for Presidency too despite no one knowing anything about him, though I can just easily make a nice parallel here. If you want to know what my governor is like, just watch the Wire. The white politician (Carcetti) that becomes the mayor is literally based on O'Malley and how he became Mayor, then Governor of Maryland.

I know nothing of O'Malley. On the Republican side I like Chris Christie and Rand Paul. I think Paul recognizes the problems, and could work with Congress to fix them. Christie I like because he's the only one of the bunch that seems to have a respectful attitude. He shook Obama's hand, and then when the Republicans say he should have given the guy the finger instead he gave them a lesson on being disrespectful sob's. Policies aside that's atleast some personal integrity.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Christie can't get my vote because he has said that day 1 he would shutdown ALL legal marijuana markets, overturn the federal hands off policy, and crack down on marijuana again. That makes him unelectable in my book.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Christie can't get my vote because he has said that day 1 he would shutdown ALL legal marijuana markets, overturn the federal hands off policy, and crack down on marijuana again. That makes him unelectable in my book.

I try to vote less on their issues and more on their leadership potential. The general election and then the compliance of congress plays a big role in the presidents agenda. Because of that, Christies ability to cut through the BS and tell people to start acting like grown ups resonates more with me than his unfortunate stance on marijuana. Christie has some failures for sure, but on the Republican side I like him. And unfortunately no perfect candidates exist (except Bernie Sanders).
edit on 22-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

We were a pretty conservative aligning family until he screwed the police, firefighters, schools, and teachers over. That accounts for most positions held in our family so we kissed the republican party goodbye.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join