It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kasich To Join 2016 Republican Presidential Primary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yea, marijuana (and the war on drugs in general) is just too important of an issue to me. I consider it a systemic problem that causes many of the problems that are hot button issues among Republicans and Democrats today. Being for clamping down on the war on drugs again just tells me you are against freedoms (and not to mention don't give a damn what the people want).

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
John Kasich is not an honorable man! When he first ran for office, he addressed the state NRA convention in Columbus. He stated he was solidly behind our 2nd amendment rights. Mr. Kasich received a large contribution from our members for his campaign and he assured us of his support. Sadly, he was later a major supporter of the Brady Gun Control Bill and we knew we had been HAD by Kasich.

When Kasich became governor, he began juggling the books to appear that the state was now doing better. He did this by withholding tax distributions to school districts, Ohio townships and cities. He brags that he reduced the state taxes and now has a surplus but says nothing about tax increases at the local level.

He certainly is not a good candidate to lead this state or country. He has used "smoke and mirrors" to balance the Ohio budget and we can't afford another poor leader in the US.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I feel like I've said it before, but it really does feel like they're just throwing # against the wall to see what sticks.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I appreciate different statistics have different people attached to them. He has reduced taxes and improved the bottom line efficiency of the state tremendously as Governor. He is a worker, and I appreciate that in an elected official. The problem is political ideals as usual.

As far as reducing subsidies for students, its difficult for me to wrestle with, as on one hand everyone needs help these days, but the Universities know that students get subsidized and as a result the cost for education gets inflated year after year as they get to tap the endless well of taxpayer money. We need to stop subsidizing, its a back handed way to ingratiate business under the auspices of compassionate big government.

Prices for everything will come down, once we stop the insanity.

I am not an evil conservative, just a parent who understands subsidizing on a smaller level, and believe me, if I gave in to every "need" my family would be broke too.
edit on 23-7-2015 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Trust me, I know what you are saying about university subsidies. It's a pattern that I have also seen and a problem that I'm not sure I know how to give a proper solution to...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Agreed...sigh the animal has gotten far to big to be caged, damned if you do, damned if ya dont.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Because God knows, there weren't enough Republican ponies in the race yet....

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Because God knows, there weren't enough Republican ponies in the race yet....

Kasich has a less than 0% chance, and anyone he endorses will lose votes. He's part of the group of bankers that took bonuses out of the 2008 bailout money. People will not tolerate that.

<< 1   >>

join