It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading East Conservative MP claimed 9p on expenses for car journey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Yeah 9 pence for a 352-yard car journey !
It turns out Mr tight claimed a staggering £174,000 in expenses in 2013 /14 which also included 60p for a trip on his bicycle....Really ?
How much do we have to pay for you to breath Mr Wilson ? , breathing's part of the job as you must breath to speak to your constituents so must be worth a claim ... Eh ?

So obviously the whole MPs expenses scandal is now long forgotten , while we all face up to austerity and cuts in services the pigs still have their greedy little noses fixed firmly in the trough.
TBH this annoys me more than the Tory MP who claimed for a duck house.

Mr Wilson - who is also a minister for civil society - claimed £174,000 in expenses for the 2013-14 financial year, of which payroll costs were £142,000

£142,000 to pay staff for just one MP ?

"I can see how small claims might look odd but it is important that all MPs do the job properly and stay connected with local people," he said.

He also pointed out he had not claimed accommodation expenses in London since becoming an MP in 2005, saving taxpayers "hundreds of thousands of pounds".
www.bbc.co.uk...

Yeah , but to be fair your constituency is only 43 miles away ! , and I'm sure we paid the travel costs.

Shortly after retaining his seat in the 2015 general election, Wilson sparked controversy with a remark on Twitter in which he seemed to show an utter lack of interest in solving his constituency's rising homelessness problem, as when asked about how his party's cuts would help solve it, he responded with "Don't be a bad loser.
en.wikipedia.org...

MPs like you we could do without.

edit on 21-7-2015 by gortex because: Forgot link in anger

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I read this earlier this morning and I am not too sure how I feel about this.

It does come across a little silly but anyone who has expenses paid usually takes it to the wire, at least he is claiming for actual expenses as opposed to making it up or hiring family members for non existant roles like some other politicians do.

Maybe he just likes being precise

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Many MP's are so arrogant never mind greedy, what did Lord young say about the homeless not so long ago?

"Aren't they the people you step over coming out of the opera?"
An unguarded moment? possibly, or just that they don't actually care what they say any more as long as they have very long and full pockets. I hesitate to say that the Tories are the worst....second thoughts, no I don't!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Mr Wilson is a Cabinet minister who earns £134,565 and lives in a £700.000 house , perhaps he could soak up some of the pain like the rest of us and pay for his own 60p bicycle journeys.

Maybe he just likes being precise

I think it more likely he's just being tight.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I dare say that's the attitude of the majority of the Tory party mate , the party of I'm alright jack.
It's just as well they're getting a 10% pay rise , not sure how anyone can live off just £67.000 a year , no wonder many of them have to take part time jobs as non exec directors.

edit on 21-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Wait the guy billed 9 cents??? that's thorough, he deserve a medal for that, i got a few pounds of 1-5 cents coins in a bucket that may be slowing fusing together.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: smurfy

I dare say that's the attitude of the majority of the Tory party mate , the party of I'm alright jack.
It's just as well they're getting a 10% pay rise , not sure how anyone can live off just £67.000 a year , no wonder many of them have to take part time jobs as non exec directors.

Well, I'd bet that a lot of those guys are doing the same thing, that bunch of Yerf Yerfs would get a kick out of that.
They probably see it as a way of 'getting back at' the system that no longer allows them expenses to build a Moat..or a Motte
around their property.

edit on 21-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Many MP's are so arrogant never mind greedy, what did Lord young say about the homeless not so long ago?

"Aren't they the people you step over coming out of the opera?"
An unguarded moment? possibly, or just that they don't actually care what they say any more as long as they have very long and full pockets. I hesitate to say that the Tories are the worst....second thoughts, no I don't!

Well if Lord Young said that I can say this:

"Isn't he what you step over so you don't get it on your shoe"!

That is the first I have heard of a politician stooping so low in rhetoric. That is a mind bender nasty thing to say. It sure is reflected in current Tory policy. The current cabinet gang have been the hardest hitting on all public services budget wise. The result for saving a few billion and putting on yet another inch on an exceedingly greedy waist line is a lot of unnecessary suffering for a fair few million people. The effects will soon begin to show in society.

Damn, it is like going back to the days of Shylock in The Merchant of Venice. I remember in my work before how sometimes I never bothered to declare expenses because I was not wanting to be penny pinching.

I feel very lost in this kind of society. At such times I can only think to baton down the hatches and make my own amusement until this storm of greed resolves itself.

Shame on you, penny pincher politician. Now that Labour has shown its true colours, which are only slightly paler blue in hue to the Tories, there is no party speaking on behalf of financially vulnerable people in society.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I imagine the 60p is for the blind Vietnamese orphan rentboy that would've pedalled if slavery was still legal.

This is going to carry on for as long as people put up with it, which will probably be forever.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
And to add , minister for civil society ?
Minister for doing sod all more like , of all the government departments that has to be THE most pointless.
If we scrapped that made up job we'd save £134.000 a year plus expenses.

I'd also like to point out that Mr Greedy got the job after the previous minister , Tory MP Brooks Newmark left his post after he'd been caught sending explicit images of himself to an undercover reporter who was pretending to be female.

Tories.

top topics

join