It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Might Have Found a Stony meteorite?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Looks like Coprolite to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
when I hike or do a walk-about I usually keep the odd rocks/stones I find... I got a small shoe box of items I have found over the years and can recall or identify each specimem I have chose to keep

this pix of a pitted stone weighs more than a rock should, perhaps it has a 10-20% metal content in it....
can you tell if this is a stony meteorite or just a coral sample from a watery past existence that washed ashore after a pretty strong 'nor'easter storm to hit S Carolina some 35+ years ago

the stone is a keeper whether it came from the black ocean of space or its just a pitted rock from Oceania (Atlantas)

here are the 2 sides of the sample.... thanks for any help ATS members

files.abovetopsecret.com...

& here:

the first image is not correctly in the download file as it seems to not be showing itself to the image file number,
but each side is pitted similar to each other, uniform black color, weighs a bit more than one would think like some iron but not quite as heavy as a chunk of lead that size
edit on th31144451128910082015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Very cool!

I don't know enough about rocks to take a guess at it, but in my reading, it seems that most rocks with big holes aren't meteorites. I think those are usually formed by more of a liquid state.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join