It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interstate 10 washes out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

Ask one of our Presidential hopefuls, I guess?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

The bridges in that area are awful to go over. Thank God for air ride seats. Every time we go over them the truck just bounces.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Having lived in LA for about 10 years, I know how devastating this could be to the local area; especially in downtown LA. There's a lot more people and a lot more cars there than in Baton Rouge, La or any other city which is on the 10 freeway. Traffic backs out into other traffic at intersections because there is so much of it. Sometimes you have to use the freeway as the roadway because the roads are so congested, and vice versa. The 10, 110, and the 405 freeways are the major freeways in Los Angeles along with a host of other freeways.

A shutdown of the 10 freeway for Los Angeles is no joke.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

We just had to go through LA and back on the 10 and 101. It was 208 miles round trip and took us almost 8 hours, including an hour or so loading/scaling time.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: lostbook

We just had to go through LA and back on the 10 and 101. It was 208 miles round trip and took us almost 8 hours, including an hour or so loading/scaling time.

I know. You spend so much time in your car because of the traffic; not to mention the massive area which comprises the LA area. I was lucky if I was able to get more than 3 errands done in a day because of the distances. And don't get stuck in one of the canyons during rush hour; Coldwater Canyon, Laurel Canyon, etc..A 1/2 an hour jaunt easily turns into 1 1/2 hours. LA traffic and the 10 freeway is a terrible mess even without a flooding problem. I won't even try to imagine the traffic problems there right now.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It sure would suck if southern Californian s had to evacuate for any reason. www.intellihub.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Zaphod58

You would have thought, that with the history of roads being washed away during strong storm winds, that the economically vital nature of infrastructural updates there, would have seen them implemented to the degree where a washout became a physical impossibility.

Government... Professional slackers.

When you put killing people ahead of everything else and throw in a large dose of austerty you get failing everything. Don't blame it on the government - blame it on the stupid citizens that vote these 'crackers' (crazy ass or otherwise) into office.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
No time frame on replacement but they're going to contraflow the interstate starting Friday to reopen it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join