It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panasonic's consumer-grade exoskeleton can be yours in September

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

we need everything from live die repeat but make it smaller nanosize everything and then 3d print the wazoo out of those things.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

33 pounds goes a long way - added to the weight of what you already can lift. I, a middle aged woman, do everything needed around the house to include all repairs, builds, landscaping, etc. and can probably lift 50 pounds max without assist. There are many times I need to be able to lift "just a little more" in order to complete a project. $8k though? A little steep but we all know that the tech will advance and become cheaper.

Consider this, the 50 pounds I can already lift PLUS the 33 pounds provided by the suit. I could lift a bag of concrete BY MYSELF. I think that's HUGE.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The future is now...and it is made for small silly people.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Same here a 50 lb bag of potatoes is about max for me but I can get it up on my shoulder. I'm a country woman, lifting a bag of concrete by myself would be awesome. Not to mention all the big pieces of moss rock I could haul out of the hills all day.

I barely hit the 110 lb mark so I really don't expect to get much stronger than I am. An extra 33 lbs might not sound like much but it could make a huge difference when teaming up with my 200 lb hubby. It would allow me to better assist him with heavier jobs, saving his back.

I tell him the gift of a big body is wasted on people who never use it. Instead I have tons of work and I'm stuck in this little body. I have to use my ingenuity, lots of ropes/ramps and leverage, it'd be a whole lot easier if I could just pick the damn thing up.

Even if it doesn't turn humans into superman it could allow them to do the heavy work they already do for 8 hrs a day without ending up with bad backs by 50/60.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm sure its only a matter of time before someone hacks the thing and turns it into something more. The other day I was in a phone store and a teenager comes in and starts talking about how he took his iPhone apart to change out some of its parts. If I had the money I'd buy it, just to reverse engineer it.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
Had to ask what movie that is? And if its a trailer for one you suck

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
Had to ask what movie that is? And if its a trailer for one you suck

edit on 20-7-2015 by amsterdamn87 because: double post please delete

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

I'm sure its only a matter of time before someone hacks the thing and turns it into something more. T

If I got one I would connect it to my raspberry pi 2 and a couple of 2x4 and create an army of robots, mwahaha!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Probably be great for repetitive general labour due to the assisting mechanical leverage, but judging how thats going on the decline for budget cuts these days, it will be a long time before any of these become common enough to buy, till they get sick of paying fee for injured workers.

HondaWalkAssistant...
I recall Honda had something similar, to where they can sit on the leg assistant almost any where, but till it get much more affordable, in your dreams.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Here is alot more stuff from Panasonic!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

They seem too bulky and dangerous. I wouldn't wear one. I would wait for the next generation suits that are slim-line and not made of hydraulic parts or machine pieces.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would like to see some running done in these suits, maybe something that let you run faster!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join